It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Really Running The Show? Here's The Unbelievable Big Picture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In the religion of Gilliganics the pantheon of gods are represented by The Seven Castaways of Gilligan's Island. Amongst themselves they were ordinary people but in their encounters with the natives who periodically visited their island they were regarded as gods by the way they lived, the goods they produced and traded with friendly tribes, or by the armament they used against violent intruders such as The Professor's coconut bombs that repelled them.

The Order - Background - It matters little their names in the various mythologies but each had their counterpart and the Castaways are known world over by their names and virtues. The Skipper was brave, sure, and strong. As captain of the Minnow he was responsible for the lives and well-being of those who sailed with him. He was the ultimate authority until their rescue and could be compared to Zeus or other of the boss gods. The Professor was a man of science and medicine and possessed wisdom of the ages who the Castaways depended on for his knowledge. He could be likened to Hermes or Mercury. Bacchus, the god of prosperity, was portrayed by the actor Jim Backus (coincidence?) in the role of billionaire tycoon Thurston Howell III and through him the Castaways by his planning and crafting they lived more than a survivalist's existence but something more befitting of their tropical paradise.

The women among the Castaways had their counterparts among the goddesses and in Celtic tradition fit the archetypes of The Maiden in the coquettish and alluring Ginger, The Mother characterized by MaryAnn who tended the other Castaways with her cooking, sewing, and other nurturing skills, The Crone was a woman of refinement in the guise of Lovey Howell.

The Erisian/Discordian element was Gilligan who through his mishaps led the Castaways to new adventures and new invention to overcome their difficulties. Having this element in the pantheon gave this tradition more depth than older neo-pagan orders and made it a more effective and more complete magical instrument. The most practical magical aspect of Gilliganics is that all who use it better and more fully understand the characteristics, habits, and attitudes of their gods than those based on more ancient traditions.

Story of Castaways Divided - In time The Castaways were faced with an impending disaster. It matters little the nature of this disaster, only what came about as a result of it. It was Gilligan listening to shortwave radio that was alerted to a coming doom event which he relayed to The Skipper who weighed the consequences and determined a plan of action which he felt would best protect The Castaways though was afraid some would be lost so called The Professor for a secret meeting to let him know. The Professor listened attentively and understood that perhaps not all would survive, if any of them at all. He came to the same conclusion as The Skipper that they may not all survive but he devised a plan of his own that was riskier but if it worked then all would be saved, or if not then they possibly would all perish.

Professor approached The Skipper with his idea who determined it was just too risky and advised against it. The Professor was sure it could work despite its risks and suggested he alone would take the chance and if he perished while the others survived then their tale could still be told, and if it went the other way then he alone would tell their tale to rescuers. The Skipper forbade him from carrying out his plan but the Professor held fast that it was his own decision to make, so under protest he alone would leave the group during the coming event.

In the short time of preparation it became obvious The Professor would be going alone. The other Castaways demanded to know what was happening with him. Gilligan who overheard their argument spilled the beans to the others. It was then that they demanded of The Skipper to hear The Professor's plan so he reluctantly told them. Some understood the risk but trusted The Professor and wanted to go with him. The Professor pleaded with them to go along with The Skipper but when they refused he could not deny them the protection he prepared for himself.

Ultimately their impending disaster passed them all by. All of them survived the doom but after that moment they became divided into factions. Eventually in time they come happily together again but much time passed when there was little or no cooperation among the divided groups.

Was The Professor and his followers cast down as Lucifer and the fallen angels?

(Story borrowed by permission from The First Church of MaryAnn Revealed)

edit on 2-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
really?

Mk.

Because the explanation: "Humans Are Greedy"

doesn't make more sense.

It's in the nature. Literally.

It's unfortunate. but its the truth.
edit on 4/2/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

That's my point. Perhaps it's our nature that's the problem. If we're a creation, we may contain undesirable "bugs" in our makeup. To us, maybe being greedy is natural, but to these "gods" it's not. It maybe considered a bug. Greed is selfish and does not support the greater good here on Earth and much less in a cosmic community.
edit on 2-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
In the religion of Gilliganics the pantheon of gods are represented by the Seven Castaways of Gilligan's Island. Amongst themselves they were ordinary people but in their encounters with the natives who periodically visited their island they were regarded as gods by the way they lived, the goods they produced and traded with friendly tribes, or by the armament they used against violent intruders such as The Professor's coconut bombs that repelled them.

The Order - Background - It matters little their names in the various mythologies but each had their counterpart and the Castaways are known world over by their names and virtues. The Skipper was brave, sure, and strong. As captain of the Minnow he was responsible for the lives and well-being of those who sailed with him. He was the ultimate authority until their rescue and could be compared to Zeus or other of the boss gods. The Professor was a man of science and medicine and possessed wisdom of the ages who the Castaways depended on for his knowledge. He could be likened to Hermes or Mercury. Bacchus, the god of prosperity, was portrayed by the actor Jim Backus (coincidence?) in the role of billionaire tycoon Thurston Howell III and through him the Castaways by his planning and crafting they lived more than a survivalist's existence but something more befitting of their tropical paradise.

The women among the Castaways had their counterparts among the goddesses and in Celtic tradition fit the archetypes of The Maiden in the coquettish and alluring Ginger, The Mother characterized by MaryAnn who tended the other Castaways with her cooking, sewing, and other nurturing skills, The Crone was a woman of refinement in the guise of Lovey Howell.

The Erisian/Discordian element was Gilligan who through his mishaps led the Castaways to new adventures and new invention to overcome their difficulties. Having this element in the pantheon gave this tradition more depth than older neo-pagan orders and made it a more complete magical construct. The most practical magical aspect of Gilliganics is that all who use it understand the characteristics, habits, and attitudes of their gods than those based on more ancient traditions.

Story of Castaways Divided - In time The Castaways were faced with an impending disaster. It matters little the nature of this disaster, only what came about as a result of it. It was Gilligan listening to shortwave radio that was alerted to a coming doom event which he relayed to The Skipper who weighed the consequences and determined a plan of action which he felt would best protect The Castaways. The Professor listened attentively and understood that perhaps not all would survive, if any of them at all. He came to the same conclusion as The Skipper that they may not all survive but he devised a plan of his own that was riskier but if it worked then all would be saved, or if not then they possibly would all perish.

Professor approached The Skipper with his idea who determined it was just too risky and advised against it. The Professor was sure it could work despite its risks and suggested he alone would take the chance and if he perished while the others survived then their tale could still be told, and if it went the other way then he alone would tell their tale to rescuers. The Skipper forbade him from carrying out his plan but the Professor held fast that it was his own decision to make, so under protest he alone would leave the group during the coming event.

In the short time of preparation it became obvious The Professor would be going alone. The other Castaways demanded to know what was happening with him. Gilligan who overheard their argument spilled the beans to the others. It was then that they demanded of The Skipper to hear The Professor's plan so he reluctantly told them. Some understood the risk but trusted The Professor and wanted to go with him. The Professor pleaded with them to go along with The Skipper but when they refused he could not deny them the protection he prepard for himself.

Ultimately their impending disaster passed them all by. All of them survived the doom but after that moment they became divided into factions. Eventually in time they come happily together again but much time passed when there little or no cooperation among the divided groups.

Was The Professor and his followers cast down as Lucifer and the fallen angels?

edit on 2-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Love it! Analogical cargo culture. Great fictional example.

The thing with ancient mythologies is the vast distances between them and yet they have commonalities that we are starting to understand more readily.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Good thread.

I have a what if, to add for you.

What if those that were cast down, were punished to live perpetually as a human in a reincarnation cycle of some sort. And their memories mostly wiped...Adding to that Reincarnation within their own bloodline which they established. Their former power being divided/diluted into the living descendents of theirs, and this is why Genealogy and tracing your ancestors has been important culturally.

That is a scenario which has circled in my thoughts. For me this feels "right-ish" especially in the face of what I am capable of of, as well as my sisters. Again just a theory, but have you Ever done "Jedi-like things?" Now re-examine your theory based upon what I have added.

Many kind thanks, and again like your thread a whole lot. Please continue, could you Add anything from other Mythic Pantheons?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i like the way you try describe the big picture OP

the most difficult for us to understand, imo, are the ' aspects ' of the same ' fallen ones '. They kinda 'morph ', according to a new situation or timeframe - yet, if you look good to specific attributes, you find the same aspects back -

for example, ' mercury '( = hermes/thoth) is the same as:
- quetzlcoatl (because thoth moved to s-merica)
- buddha
- ninghiszidda
- stGermaine
- (hindu) agni
- ahuru mazda
etc

Also the BIBLICAL important persons becáme 'deities' :
' brahma ' = abraham
'sarasvati ' = sarah
'ghanesh ' = the moabite god 'shemesh '
etc

moongod (dualism) =
sin
min
allah
etc

sungod ( dualism) =
horus
shamash
(catholic) 'jesus'
etc

..there is only 1 God - the one of the bible - and the fallen ones have taken on any dualistic form, what was necessary in a specific timeframe. Dualism in extreme, now: because that is the only way as precursor to can create a false ' oneness ' , any day now

bless

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
That was some interesting reading and I couldn't have done a better job myself. There are definitely connections throughout the myths. They all seem the same don't they?

My 14 yr old son has just got through reading a series of books based on Greek God's and now he is about to read a series based on the Egyptian Gods. He is also finding similarities and is totally intrigued! I love it!

I have been studying and researching this "cloud" in the Solar System some call the Fluff or Oort Cloud. While doing so I keep reminding myself in my minds eye that Jesus is said to come back on a cloud. Coincidentally this cloud was spoken of back in the 60's (maybe further back) and this cloud is supposedly highly energized with a lot of light energy that may perhaps transform all life within this Solar System including but not limited to other Planets and bodies in our Solar System including Earth.

I find your insight interest regarding " Jesus is said to come back on a cloud". We, our Solar System, recently entered a region of space dense with space dust, or a space dust cloud.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Interesting reading. A very good OP. Yes I can see what you mean about them all being the same `gods`. What ever name they call them selves. Are the gods due to return any time soon? Is that what the 2012 thing is all about? Their arrival? Well we can only wait and see
maybe thats what operation bluebeam is about? Getting us ready to fight off the gods on a world wide basis.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by CantSay
Judgement Day:

Now it is said that the sky gods will return to judge the Fallen and humans in the future. Why in the future? Why didn't they just judge and punish them there and then
Maybe they judge us when we die or maybe we have already died in the real world and we have already been sentenced and some souls were ascended,into the 4th dimension? and here we are,where we were thrown,cast down into this 3-dimensional reality,our souls perpetually forced to suffer and die and be eternally reborn again and again forever,the endless reincarnation of our souls helplessly trapped within these material shrouds we call our bodies?
edit on 2-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I love the way your mind thinks, please dont ever leave this site

Hope your not right about the above though.
Hi and thanx for your compliment,i hope i'm not right either, but these mysterious mysteries must be approached and analyzed from every possible angle,no matter how uncomfortable and disheartening the view may be,because anythings possible...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Good thread.

I have a what if, to add for you.

What if those that were cast down, were punished to live perpetually as a human in a reincarnation cycle of some sort. And their memories mostly wiped...Adding to that Reincarnation within their own bloodline which they established. Their former power being divided/diluted into the living descendents of theirs, and this is why Genealogy and tracing your ancestors has been important culturally.

That is a scenario which has circled in my thoughts. For me this feels "right-ish" especially in the face of what I am capable of of, as well as my sisters. Again just a theory, but have you Ever done "Jedi-like things?" Now re-examine your theory based upon what I have added.

Many kind thanks, and again like your thread a whole lot. Please continue, could you Add anything from other Mythic Pantheons?

Interesting notion. That maybe a possibility. Like I said in a previous reply, the advanced beings perhaps understand the soul and spirit (metaphysical things) more tangibly as an aspect of advanced science than us humans. My only contention is that Prometheus was stated as immortal and his liver was able to regenerate completely in 12 hours everyday after if was given by birds (his punishment by Zeus). This shows an extremely regenerative ability by these ancient beings, but it also shows that have a physical biology. They are not astral, non-corporal beings. They're like you and me just more advanced biologically with greater intelligence. Given this I believe some are still alive today, but this doesn't mean that the soul and spirit can't reincarnate specially by advanced beings. I would reason that if these beings were to reincarnate that they would be able to recall past life events more readily than normal humans.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Interesting reading. A very good OP. Yes I can see what you mean about them all being the same `gods`. What ever name they call them selves. Are the gods due to return any time soon? Is that what the 2012 thing is all about? Their arrival? Well we can only wait and see
maybe thats what operation bluebeam is about? Getting us ready to fight off the gods on a world wide basis.

Actually that leads me to this. Yes I believe that the trapped Fallen on this Earth will try to fight the return of Zeus/Enlil/Odin/Jesus. I believe that they will use humans in there defense and actually turn us against the returning "gods". This is where the anti-christ/beast/dragon of the Apocalypse/Revelations will use reverse psychology to turn humans against the returning "gods" in their defense because they are going to be punished on Judgement day. This maybe brings into question our entire human history since the time of "gods walking amoungst us" (ex. Olympians). Perhaps the fallen have subvertly (hidden from sight due to "godly" policing) building up humans civilization and technology all in order to defend against the returning "gods". Maybe?

The question becomes who is really evil? The Fallen gods or the returning gods? I believe any "god" that suppresses our enlightenment, doesn't teach us anything, help evolve us, and doesn't guide us to species maturity (ethics with each other and nature) OR use us as weapons in their own personal drama doesn't have our interest at heart. This goes for the Fallen or the Returning.

We are reaching the level of gods ourselves and have to understand things for ourselves. We are becoming equals and in time we will be. We have to see the bigger picture. We have to show that we can stand on our own two feet and work together for the greater good. We have to show that we can't be manipulated by more advanced beings. We have to show that we can approach things with peace and that everyone matters no matter how small or advanced they are.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To insure they learn from Rebelling against the God, Erase the identity of the offending Fallen Angels, subject them to the human experience, and weaken their powers by forced reproducing...(Some Eastern Mystic Traditions emphasize abstinence to achieve the higher mysteries of Magic/Spirituality)

Now, The Immortal ones may very well be a continuous Identity...The Immortal ones may have established a pecking order amongst themselves, and the losers in the pecking order forced to dilute themselves via procreation, and erasing the original Identity, and having to die. Thus continuing the cycle of Powerful over servant class.

The Demi Gods of Greek Myth...many were mortals, and only some were granted Immortality. So how about The Demi-Gods which did not gain Immortality, reproduced with each other or other "mere" humans. Giving rise to especially gifted offspring, but not necessarily of the Godly qualities. (Achilles, Einstein, Davinci, lol Steve Jobs)

This is conjecture, Make more sense?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Or how about a newer movie?

by the way see this www.weylandindustries.com...
not to be confused with www.weilandindustries.com... LOL

To OP, can you put it up in picture/diagram/org chart ? Getting confused reading it. Yeah, I blame it on my low gray brain cell count

edit on 2-4-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

I will try.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The Mystery schools are the keepers of the angel Azzazels teachings..as well as the other fallen ones...
The real masters are the same masters since they gained control the first time...
Since then its all been name changes and window dressing but no real progress for humans other than whats grudgingly allowed.
Even today our science still depends on heat or fire et al for its sustenance...
There is very little of the old knowledge left out among the common people....and truely revolutionary science is kept hidden for the elites use.....
The more everything changes, the more it remains the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
To insure they learn from Rebelling against the God, Erase the identity of the offending Fallen Angels, subject them to the human experience, and weaken their powers by forced reproducing...(Some Eastern Mystic Traditions emphasize abstinence to achieve the higher mysteries of Magic/Spirituality)

Now, The Immortal ones may very well be a continuous Identity...The Immortal ones may have established a pecking order amongst themselves, and the losers in the pecking order forced to dilute themselves via procreation, and erasing the original Identity, and having to die. Thus continuing the cycle of Powerful over servant class.

The Demi Gods of Greek Myth...many were mortals, and only some were granted Immortality. So how about The Demi-Gods which did not gain Immortality, reproduced with each other or other "mere" humans. Giving rise to especially gifted offspring, but not necessarily of the Godly qualities. (Achilles, Einstein, Davinci, lol Steve Jobs)

This is conjecture, Make more sense?

I see nothing wrong with your post and like the insight. Exactly, demi-gods were not immortal but had other qualities. The genetics of the these ancient gods maybe running through our blood due to ancient interbreeding. I have no doubt about that.

But I keep going back to Prometheus/Azazel who was immortal and imprisoned here on Earth. He must still be here on Earth if he was real. In Enoch's work, there were 200 fallen. All were considered angels and immortal. Azazel was only one of these 200 perhaps a commanding/leader angel. What have these 200 been up to over the last several thousand years since the Great Flood? Perhaps you're right and they're immortality was taken away, but I don't think so, or at least not for all. I believe that their immortality was a result of their intelligence. With their intelligence, they could reconstitute their immortality genetically again. Also over the last several thousand years, perhaps they have been warring and using humans in their fights. This would bring the royal families back into the fold as offspring from these 200 fallen angels.

Again, when I say god or angel I'm really referring to extraterrestrial aliens who came to this planet.

Yes I also missed linking ancient Egyptian gods into this pantheology of connections.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The Mystery schools are the keepers of the angel Azzazels teachings..as well as the other fallen ones...
The real masters are the same masters since they gained control the first time...
Since then its all been name changes and window dressing but no real progress for humans other than whats grudgingly allowed.
Even today our science still depends on heat or fire et al for its sustenance...
There is very little of the old knowledge left out among the common people....and truely revolutionary science is kept hidden for the elites use.....
The more everything changes, the more it remains the same.

I do not disagree. I believe in suppression of science. Perhaps it's hard to believe this given what I've written, but I am scientist and have seen it first hand - usually out of human greed for funding (no aliens involved). But this doesn't mean that certain technologies are not hidden from us through control of our global science hierarchy using human psychology to stop advancement by ostracizing scientists and inventors. The suppression of the atomic bomb didn't happen, but the suppression of renewable fuels has - by humans. Obviously if there is a hierarchy controlling the direction of science, it's not totally in our best interest.

Given that we humans are advancing rapidly towards a god class, at least equal to gods of ancient times, existing "gods" on this planet may feel threatened by 7 billion people reaching a level of enlightenment equal to themselves and decide to unbalance the playing field - wipe most of us out. Or maybe we're advancing properly this time around (no bugs, or working them out), still stumbling along the way, but getting better each step which maybe their ultimate goal and make them happy. All I know is that if one set of people like something, there are always others who are envious and don't like that something. There is good and evil even in gods of the same lineage just like in humans.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The mythology, including your precious "Bible", across the world is stunningly similar, far beyond any hope of coincidence. The same stories appear on every continent. Therefore, there are only three possibilities: One is that humanity started from a very small group, or there was a near extinction event that reduced humanity to a small group, so their stories have held together for hundreds of thousands of years as they populated the entire Earth and became all the different races, all remembering the same stories, just changing the names.

I find this unlikely.

Another possibility is that they are all just stories made up from whole cloth, and coincidentally everyone across the world, on all continents, thought up the same stories.

I find this unlikely as well.

OR, it could be that they are all true.

Now, if you MUST believe that your religion is true, and I assume most of you do, there is one puzzler. Every culture has the story of Creation. In some detail. They all say that Chaos reigned, and all speak of "darkness upon the waters". There always seem to have been "waters" already, before Creation. Then several events occurred, and acts were made by God. Man came much later.

The God never tells Man the story of creation. In fact, in the Bible, God seemed to want to keep Man dumb and happy, and not even know of Good and Evil. He certainly never told him any history. So...

HOW DOES EVERY CULTURE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THEY EVEN EXISTED?

How does Man come to know all about how the Creation came about? And all religions have a fairly similar story. Maybe people actually SAW all this happen. These are not metaphors, they are tales of what actually happened. Right in front of their eyes. In the sky, of a scale and magnitude that it was visible worldwide.

The planets were not always in the orbits they are now. And when planets come close to each other, there can be violent interactions. Such as those thunderbolts the gods were always throwing.

Jupiter, with twelve attendant moons, was Zeus. Or Odin. All of them. Think of it, why did the ancients ascribe so much importance to tiny specks of light in the night sky? Why was Jupiter(Zeus) the king, casting thunderbolts, when Venus is the brightest thing we see now?

Why was the planet Mars identified as the god of war in every culture, casting thunderbolts? Maybe because he sometimes did?

Why assign so much importance to tiny specks of light?

Maybe they weren't such tiny specks. Maybe they were closer. Close enough to be terrifying. You know, the way that every single one of your "benevolent" gods are described all the time? And maybe, if they got close enough, there were lightning bolts on a scale you cannot even imagine. You know, wrath of god, judgement, wiping out Sodom and Gomorrah, all that stuff.

How could the ancients know of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn without telescopes? Because they could see them with their own eyes. They didn't have to make up stories and make everyone chant about them in a chapel every Sunday, and get them to just BELIEVE, on FAITH. They could look right up and see GOD, RIGHT THERE! With his twelve attendant gods buzzing around him. He sailed along in his boat across the plane of the ecliptic all year. And sometimes, when he came close, he got angry and threw lightning bolts that would wipe out entire cities in an instant. And there were eyewitnesses. He was very judgemental. Luckily this didn't happen that often.

But there was another god, a red and angry one, who would come around more often, and without rhyme nor reason, without a reason at all, he would shoot lightning bolts in a rain of destruction. Not world endingly large like the big guy, just general mass slaughter on a large scale. Like a war.

The Whole Story

I know none of you will want to believe this, or even consider it, because it smashes into a million pieces all religions. Most people's weak minds cannot handle that. All these ancient "myths", including the Bible, the Kuran, whatever, ARE TRUE, AND REALLY HAPPENED. Most people like to think that all these ancient "myths" were just made up nonsense, by those crazy ancients. Except for one. The Bible, or whichever one you believe, is true. But the rest of them were just nonsense. However, if you just think about it, that is ridiculous. We're supposed to assume everyone was just crazy and deluded in the old days? Best religious cover up is, oh, they were inspired by the devil. Blah blah blah.

These things really happened, and people saw them happen. The only part you cannot accept, is that your gods don't care about you at all. You have less importance than some bacteria on a piece of dust, in the big scheme of things. No one wants to accept that.

Accept it. You will feel better.

edit on 2-4-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is a really good thread, however the question should NOTbe who or what is equal to who the question should be, what is the original myth, legend or fact that came first? Notice the oldest religions are mostly polytheistic. The younger religions are monotheistic, a lot of that has to do with the branching off from Christianity into other religions due to the absolute coruption. Another question that has been burning in me for a very long time is why was there a shift from polytheism to monotheism? The only monotheistic religion that dates back before the time of Christ is Judaism and even more questions come from Judaism such as why didn't the Jewish people then believe in more than one god in a time where most religions in the world believed in many Gods? It's very very bizarre I do truly believe we are not being told the whole story. If you really look outside the box you realize that there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle that are missing.

Also to add to your list of GODs I would like to mention 2 power houses

Marduk - Babylon
Ra- Egypt

And these 2 are equal to Zeus and the like.
I want to go into this more but its been a long day. Just food for thought do you think these figures are the be all of the entire universe or the be all only to Earth and/or other planets? Could there be figures that surpass these gods we speak of?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I agree somewhat with much of what you said including the part that "The only part you cannot accept, is that your gods don't care about you at all".

What I disagree with are all the story were absolutely true. The stories vary in finer detail from region to region therefore there is a lot of human interpretation, additions and omissions confusing the exact story with it's true details. From ancient mythology we get the gist of story, rough outline, but not the explicitly true details.

With regards to the "gods" not caring about us, I agree, but they do care when we become a problem. Honestly, just like humans care about animals, I think some of these "gods" care about humans.

Let us consider Royal families for sec and their psychological make up. They are elitist, feel entitled believing themselves more desiring than the rest of us. These are innate traits. They believe we should serve them. Some are narcissistic and yet others are criminally insane (ex. Nero). These are very horrible traits and extremely selfish. Their ancestors, themselves Royals, gave little thought to killing humans or killing them in horribly inhuman ways. Many have caused many wars. MY POINT, is that if they are generational offspring of these Fallen, then genetically their advanced genetics does not include evolved ethics or the well being for fellow man which indirectly means these Fallen "angels" probably had the same traits maybe. Perhaps the "sky god" had justification for casting them down. Then maybe it's the human side that had these traits and the Fallen genetics actually subdued the rawer human traits, but combined with their other genetic abilities, say higher capacity for intelligence or advanced physiology, they twisted the good that they may have inherited in the act of ruling others - power corrupts. Given the right set of circumstances, and perhaps prolonged exposure to extreme wealth, all humans could end up the same.

I love genetics. Where I'm from is a set of islands where each island has obviously a different psychological make up. One island is saturated with people inherit with obvious tendencies to be overbearing, demanding and push to get more or get away with more. Reasoning is not a top priority but attaining influence is (wealth, corruption). They typically run for government and really enjoy telling people what to do and speak affirmatively even when speaking out their a$$es. Being educated, perhaps more than anyone I know, I see and realize that these people speak blatant lies in order to get what they want. Some actually believe what they say is true. If you challenge them, they get angry. Most of them are always trying to steal neighboring land by moving the markers. It's a fascinating dynamic all due to genetic inheritance from royals that once lived on that island.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
This is a really good thread, however the question should NOTbe who or what is equal to who the question should be, what is the original myth, legend or fact that came first? Notice the oldest religions are mostly polytheistic. The younger religions are monotheistic, a lot of that has to do with the branching off from Christianity into other religions due to the absolute coruption. Another question that has been burning in me for a very long time is why was there a shift from polytheism to monotheism? The only monotheistic religion that dates back before the time of Christ is Judaism and even more questions come from Judaism such as why didn't the Jewish people then believe in more than one god in a time where most religions in the world believed in many Gods? It's very very bizarre I do truly believe we are not being told the whole story. If you really look outside the box you realize that there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle that are missing.

Also to add to your list of GODs I would like to mention 2 power houses

Marduk - Babylon
Ra- Egypt

And these 2 are equal to Zeus and the like.
I want to go into this more but its been a long day. Just food for thought do you think these figures are the be all of the entire universe or the be all only to Earth and/or other planets? Could there be figures that surpass these gods we speak of?

Excellent! You're right and it is very interesting why there was a sudden change from polytheistic to monotheistic. It has primarily to do with the Jewish religion who always believed in a single almighty God, the God of Noah who is Prometheus/Azazel the immortal. Perhaps the 200 Fallen have been fighting amoungst themselves in secret and eventually one won sometime in the past pushing Constantine into adopting monotheism. I don't think so. It was really Constantine that made monotheism mainstream by uniting many pagan gods like Mithras/Apollo with Jesus and the monotheistic God of Jews since Jesus was Jew, BUT the word for god in Latin (Rome) is Deus which equals Zeus. Therefore, Constantine adopted Jesus as a guise for Mithras/Apollo and Zeus as the primary supreme God. Jesus was adopted as a political move to control the rebellious young Christians including the Gnostics. If you want a clue to monotheism, the focal point is Constantine. Perhaps he was one of these Fallen, or a "policer", in servitude to ancient Greek Zeus sky god?

But as it stands, Christians/Catholics today still pray to Deus=Zeus and the true story of Jesus (peaceful human with many Eastern Buddhist teachings) has been bastardized with the story of Mithras/Apollo. And the Jews worship, in part like the Christians, the God of Noah and Adam who were Prometheus and Enki (same entity - Azazel). Messed up isn't it.

So is Prometheus the immortal still amoungst us. I think he still is...pulling the strings.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Great thread OP! It's something that I have been interested in reading about for a while now. I kinda first started reading about this sort of thing in "Gods of the new millenium".

Reading all of this got me thinking about a movie from a few years back called Gabriel..

www.youtube.com...

In the movie, a lot of fallen angels are kind of reminded of their powers and "woken up" from their mundane life. It's been a few years since i've seen it so i'm a little bit vague here but it got me thinking that perhaps it's an analogy to what is going on in the world now - more people are waking up and realizing that there is more to their life than just what they see on tv etc. Or, are some of these fallen angels unaware of their true nature??

I could go on, but don't want to derail this too much

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join