It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sodom

page: 1
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread, but it got lost in the hustle and bustle of conspiracy, accusation, denunciation, and other helpful behaviors that will win back lost freedom I am sure.

A lot of religious conservatives claim that Sodom was destroyed because Sodom was gay. But, the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible, or Old Testament if you prefer) has another claim:

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.(Ezekiel 16:49)

You hear that? Carelessness toward the poor and needy! Also, Sodom's sexuality was exploitation, both hetero and homosexual it did not matter. They were probably like the fanatics of the Catholic Church and the Islamic world (along with Protestant and Orthodox Jewish extremist sects), deeply anti-gay but also deeply enmeshed in homosexual exploitation. I doubt that Sodom was gay in the sense that we understand the term today.

Religious conservatives should consider whether they too participate in the sins of Sodom. That would be the ultimate irony. A real reading of the Bible is so much richer than the reading given by political agendas. The language of Isaiah is rich. The Bible is leftist in a lot of ways.




posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It wasn't just homosexuality.

Homosexuality was one of the many, many, many atrocities of Sodom.

Amongst the other atrocities - Demon/Satan/false god worship. Straight out atheism and disbelief in God Almighty. Out of control crime, brutality, etc (basically how America is becoming). Tons of other sexually immoral things besides homosexuality (rampant adultery, rampant premarital sex, etc etc).

Basically, look at what America and the world are turning into, and multiply it by 5 to get how Sodom was. Wouldn't you be angry and destroy them too if you were God?



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
It wasn't just homosexuality.

Homosexuality was one of the many, many, many atrocities of Sodom.

Amongst the other atrocities - Demon/Satan/false god worship. Straight out atheism and disbelief in God Almighty. Out of control crime, brutality, etc (basically how America is becoming). Tons of other sexually immoral things besides homosexuality (rampant adultery, rampant premarital sex, etc etc).

Basically, look at what America and the world are turning into, and multiply it by 5 to get how Sodom was. Wouldn't you be angry and destroy them too if you were God?


I would be very concerned about worshiping a God with such a short temper.....

Des



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Short temper?

You don't worship Him do you? And is He still blessing you on this earth, regardless? You know not what you speak of.

Psalm 103:8 "The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Short temper?

You don't worship Him do you? And is He still blessing you on this earth, regardless? You know not what you speak of.


I don't. Nor will I ever. With that said though, I almost hope the christian god is real. Cause if he is, the first thing I'm gonna do when I die is go kick him in the nuts for all of the atrocities he has allowed on this earth while showering us with his blessings!



edit on 2-4-2012 by webpirate because: updated thoughts



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate
 


You won't have a chance to do that.

If you don't convert before you die, you are going to goto Hell.

Hell is eternal seperation from everything God is - Light, Love, Consciousness, Feeling, Being

You will be unconscious, dead, wormfood.

I'm sorry I'm being so brutally honest right now, but I see the brood is out in full flock today, and I think you all need to be told.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
It wasn't just homosexuality.

Homosexuality was one of the many, many, many atrocities of Sodom.

Amongst the other atrocities - Demon/Satan/false god worship. Straight out atheism and disbelief in God Almighty. Out of control crime, brutality, etc (basically how America is becoming). Tons of other sexually immoral things besides homosexuality (rampant adultery, rampant premarital sex, etc etc).

Basically, look at what America and the world are turning into, and multiply it by 5 to get how Sodom was. Wouldn't you be angry and destroy them too if you were God?



So homosexuality is an atrocity is it?

Intollerance of others and claiming it as religious beliefs is the atrocity.

Im sure that if Jesus were around today he would be hanging out at Gay bars soaking up the atmosphere.

As a straight man I would rather be trapped in a lift full of gay guys than religious zelots



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321
 

I need to be told nothing. I know exactly what your book of lies says.

And I don't believe a single one of them. The only part of the christian bible I believe at all is the part where it says "...All you need is love..."

No......wait.
That was the Beatles. NVM.....



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321
 


Why do you Christians bother on this website? why don't you all just go to a site with more self righteous, deluded people on....you know any Christian forum where you can all agree.
Stop threatening people with Hell it doesn't exist.....unless you mean an eternity sat next to a load of Christians..that is Hell.
Pick a swear word and add Off to the end...I think you get the idea.

Oh and before any of you complain, I didn't threaten anyone with Hell, THAT is insulting...
edit on 2-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary on Sodom and Gomorrah and I distinctly remember them saying what angered god was how they treated people. It wasn't a gay thing, it was a "You're being an a-hole" kind of thing. As far as Christianity and its god goes... I really think there is some true, good stuff in the Bible. But you have to take it with a grain of salt, it's a book that man has added to, subtracted from, etc. It's sorta like when you whisper in someone's ear and tell them to pass it down to the person at the end of the row, the original message gets distorted.

edit on 2-4-2012 by bekisu because: spelling



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


You are too much of a fool to realize I'm not threatening anyone with eternal torment.

I am not threatening anyone in anyway.

I am TELLING you the TRUTH.

I am TELLING you, you will DIE, you will PERISH, you will CEASE TO EXIST, without God/Jesus.

Get it? Understand?

No, of course you don't.

You're right, I don't know why we try - it's like talking to a wall.

God has us here for a reason though...



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321
 


Prove it....
It makes me laugh you Christians think people like Gandhi and the Dalai Llama will goto Hell just because they don't follow your Religion.
You do make threats you just hide behind your God to do it....coward.
Oh go on start quoting scripture that always makes us start to believe

edit on 2-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


You are too much of a fool to realize I'm not threatening anyone with eternal torment.

I am not threatening anyone in anyway.

I am TELLING you the TRUTH.

I am TELLING you, you will DIE, you will PERISH, you will CEASE TO EXIST, without God/Jesus.

Get it? Understand?

No, of course you don't.

You're right, I don't know why we try - it's like talking to a wall.

God has us here for a reason though...


Using your own words....how am I sitting here responding to you. Why didn't I cease to exist. Because it's all a bunch of fear mongering BS....that's why.....



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


Gandhi is in Sheol.

He is dead. He has no more life in him.

What do you not understand?

(Their is the possibility he may have reincarnated also, but I do not know that, all I do know is he went to Sheol since he didn't have Christ.)

No, he is NOT being kept alive in some sadistic torture chamber or pit.

He is unconscious and dead.

Wow, your head must be like 10" thick. You keep talking about Hell like its some place where people are conscious and tormented, like I actually believe in some medieval concept of Hell like that....



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


You have yet to cease existing because the Almighty, Everloving, Most patient, Most high God has continued to give you breath, and continued to give you chances to accept him.

Your time will run out.

Be patient.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


Gandhi is in Sheol.

He is dead. He has no more life in him.

What do you not understand?

(Their is the possibility he may have reincarnated also, but I do not know that, all I do know is he went to Sheol since he didn't have Christ.)

No, he is NOT being kept alive in some sadistic torture chamber or pit.

He is unconscious and dead.

Wow, your head must be like 10" thick. You keep talking about Hell like its some place where people are conscious and tormented, like I actually believe in some medieval concept of Hell like that....


Gotta ask...where are all the dead babies that didn't get baptized. Where did your All loving God put them huh....



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Destinyone
 


You have yet to cease existing because the Almighty, Everloving, Most patient, Most high God has continued to give you breath, and continued to give you chances to accept him.

Your time will run out.

Be patient.


More threatening speech...guess what it doesn't make me worry MY God is better than your God Nah nah na na nahhhhhh!!!



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


I'd imagine one of three places -

Either A) They are in Sheol / the Abode of the Dead, since they were never really conscious to begin with, they'll never know the difference.

or B) They are in Paradise and "grewup" in heaven.

or C) They have reincarnated.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


Your "god" doesnt exist. My God is God.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by boymonkey74
 


Your "god" doesnt exist. My God is God.


Really...it's come to this....my God's better than your God....


Where is there room for my Goddess' ....Blessed Be....

Des
edit on 2-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join