It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm done with online politics...maybe politics altogether. Its all distraction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm pretty much to the point where I've had it with anything 'political' or "conspiracy".

Our society is filled with too many mindless cattle to even feel like anything matters anymore. It's all noise and I'm completely burned out by it. I can't even relate to what a large percentage of people think.,

Fact is basically ignored. Everything is from emotion or fallacy. BELIEF and MYTH are top tier. Critical thinking is a bad thing and simplistic hyped buzzwords are the rule.

I became a Ron Paul supporter in 2003 and tried to keep the faith this year especially that he would get a true shot. If it's not the media slanting, lying, misrepresenting him...If it's not the GOP and the Neocons lying, cheating and throwing him under the bus....I dunno...I just don't have the heart for it anymore.

In 2012 I have lived 37 years on this planet and I will tell you that socially and politically this has been the saddest decade of my life. Not only surviving the Bush years, but now this. Endless wars, financial ruin, corruption, unconstitutional Fascist takeover of Government from the Right or Left, Religiosity run amok, fake outrage for silly news yet nothing for the real issues. And meanwhile our society collapses.

And there's Twitter, Facebook, even ATS. Constant ramblings by people who are basically looking for entertainment. That's right, most of us here are just here to RANT anyways. Why is there a section called "RANT" in fact? It's all noise. The threads go down the line after the attention span runs out. Constant bad news, constant fear, constant hype.

What does it DO for us? Nothing.

The only thing I've seen get close to real 'change' was either the OWS Movement (which was Co-Opted early on), Dylan Ratigan's "Americans Elect" Movement, or my fellow Ron Paul supporters who are actively involved in LOCAL politics and filling seats or getting there.

But online, it's madness. It's just one big screaming match entertainment pass the time I gotta say my crap and bolt without thought blah blah blah nonsense.

This isn't good. I came to ATS because I thought it was different here. But after a few years the level of quality has dropped. It's INFOTAINMENT. It's SHLOCK and HACKERY in a large way. But ATS isn't alone, the INTERNET altogether is just that. Endless crap with no end or solution. The whining of it all without action is nauseating and it took me 9 years to really get here.

I think of the 'frontrunner' candidates too. I can't believe America is this insane to seriously consider the ideologies of either the GOP or OBAMA. Maybe I'm getting 'older' but I don't fit in with this society if this is 'normal' thinking or behavior.

How can I or any rational person fight the propaganda when it's so well funded and so powerful? I'm so pissed off at the fact that we are here and my country is full of nearly retarded (LEGALLY) MORONS. I'm disgusted with who we are and I can't look anymore.

Lately I have been walking on the beach a lot, exercising, investing the time in my business I SHOULD have been doing all this time. If I think about the noise online and why I participate it's mainly because I'm distracting myself. It's all distraction and addiction, and it separates us even more.

We are 'connected'. Bulll****. We're disconnected more than I've seen in my life.

Think seriously of why you're here, and if ATS isn't the only place you participate, think of all the other places you contribute to. Then, think about all the NOISE it is and what exactly is being done or solved.

Near Zero.

Nearly 10 years of the Internet access for the general masses in America and we're DUMBER as a nation. I can't believe it.

I make my living online so thank god for that aspect. But political or social based websites....UGH...no more. It's frackin useless. A damn circus of bumper sticker platitudes and zealotry on either side, how can THAT be beneficial to any of us. While we forget how to talk to each other, love someone, have close relationships.

We're not evolving, we're devolving and I can't watch it anymore.

The only thing I see worth the while is get involved locally and go from there. Anything less is pretty much futile and stupid.

If you happen to Star or Flag this post then you must agree in some way , then at that point you should ask yourself these same questions. I suggest the INTERNET take a look in the mirror and maybe ponder that all the political and social aspects has in many ways become a HINDRANCE to our species.

I'm not talking about commerce, education, things that actually TEACH us. But the usual social and political sites?

More and more, day after day I'm getting closer to full hatred of the noise and literally can't muster the strength it takes to be part of it.

There's my 'rant'..I'm out.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Sounds like you are saying you are done reacting to other peoples actions.

It is time we grew up, and made our own story. The story running now sucks.

I don't care about politics, or left/right or anything like that. Spreading knowledge and happiness is all I care to do at this point in my life. As I grow into my true potential I may spread out into a more controlling influence. But I will never care to follow along.

I am living my own life.

What was on TV today? I have no clue.
What did the president do? I have no clue.
What are celebs up to? I have no clue.
What is the next NASA mission? I have no clue.
Did you hear what happened? Nope.
Don't you care? Nope.

I will do my thing and bear my own burdens, and If people are not helping or being helped, then they are not in my life.

People are more important than politics.

Love the topic.

I wish you good luck with your travels,

~Dusty

PS.

In 2012 I have lived 37 years on this planet and I will tell you that socially and politically this has been the saddest decade of my life. Not only surviving the Bush years, but now this. Endless wars, financial ruin, corruption, unconstitutional Fascist takeover of Government from the Right or Left, Religiosity run amok, fake outrage for silly news yet nothing for the real issues. And meanwhile our society collapses.

I miss Bush. I still got to pretend that government was just stupid. Now with the new guy I cannot hide for a second behind the wish that they are stupid defense.
edit on 4/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
S&F Couldn't have said it better myself. Communicating with most, no matter the format is seemingly like communicating with a brick wall. Reason and common sense during a debate is thrown to the wind in favor of sensationalism and a need to be right. This is your rant however and I do not wish to take away from such a fine post.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is what happens when you lose Responsibility & Accountability in Freedom of Speech!
This is what happens to Generations of people whose parents are too lazy to instill any form of societal or moral obligation on their prodigy.
This is what happens when a voice of reason is lost in a cacophony of the absurd.
My signature says it best.

Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The best cultural phenomenon are still these friend-connecting sites like facebook. People competing in having " friends ", the best pictures displaying their superawesome life...and telling the world they just changed their socks.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great post! People chasing the rabbit that is the left/right paradigm are wasting their time. Sadly, there are many people everywhere blinded by their lack of personal ideology. Understanding the illusion provided by the dichotomy of politics is firsthand to getting a grasp on our true situation. I understand the OP's feelings.

new topics

top topics

join