It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Have One Of Those Invisible Days?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
An invisible day is a day where and when everything you try to do goes wrong,everything and everyone seems to get in your way,all your plans go wrong,nothing ever fits and nothing wants to work right,like your invisible...

They happen to me a lot and they seem to be increasing in frequency more and more...

Years ago,i was telling a guy at work how everything seemed to be going wrong for me that day and he said,your having whats called an invisible day and thats the first time i ever heard the term...

Heres an example of an invisible day for me...

I wake up late for work,because the alarm clock that i was sure i set the night before,was never set at all...

So i jump out of bed and while heading for the shower,thats being used,of course,i stub my toe...

After finally obtaining access to the shower,where an empty bottle of shampoo is waiting just for me...

i get out,dry off and grab my pants and find out that our heavily shedding cat decided to use them for a bed the night before...

Next i hastily pick up my shoes and put the right one on my left foot and the left one on my right foot...

Then i try to make some toast,that burns,while i'm busy looking for a container of butter that ends up being empty and still in the fridge...

I finally get outside the door and into my car and realize my keys are still in the house...

So i go to the front door and realize its locked and my house key is on my key chain, inside the house...

After solving that issue,i'm back in my car and backing up to the street and lo and behold,theres a car coming down the street and another and another and another...

Finally i'm driving down the street and i swerve to the left to avoid a pot hole,only to drive right into a larger one...

Then,of course,all the way to work,at every single intersection i reach,i'm staring at a red light,never a green one,not even once...

Now i'm at work and as my boss says,your late and i say,no kidding...

I discover that empty pocket feeling and find out that those darn keys of mine are now locked in my car...

I reach for my cell phone to call for someone to unlock my car and it goes flying out of my hand and breaks on the floor...

All morning and afternoon,everything i touch is either spilled,dropped or knocked over...

Every doorway i try and walk through there just happens to be someone colliding into me,every single doorway, every single time...

Now the work day is over and im trying to drive home and theres those red lights again,staring at me, mocking me,daring me to run one of them and get a ticket...

Further down the street and almost home,a person in a car does run a red light and almost slams right into me...

After avoiding that disaster,right away another person in another car,backs out of their driveway, without stopping and i almost get hit again...

Now i'm driving down my street,playing dodge ball with those pot holes again,as usual and home is in sight...

I park the car,get out and walk right into a skunk that just happens to be right there,as if it was intentionally waiting just for me...

Without getting sprayed,i get into the house and turn on the light,as the bulb blows out...

Now the light is fixed and there on the table is my car insurance bill,that i forgot to pay on time,glaring at me and i swear i can almost hear it laughing...

Thats an invisible day...Almost like i was never there...Like i was invisible
edit on 1-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's all about perception. If you perceive everything to go bad, then that's what happens, if you only look at the bright sides of things, then you'll only perceive good days.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Does this all sound like a chain reaction to you? That is essentially what it is. I used to get these alot, as stubbing your toe in the morning may change your mentality (put you in a fowl mood) you may rush and do other things that you would not usually do if that didn't set you off. Leading to things like leaving your keys inside and taking too much time so you can't escape rush hour traffic.

You choose to let stubbing your toe ruin your mood, and essentially set the tone of the day. If you acknowledge that this is an annoying occourance and let it pass.. no more invisible days!
edit on 1-4-2012 by littlecloud because: typos

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In your case it is all about being uprepared that led to a chain reaction.

Get a reliable alarm clock or a backup. Put your clothes where your cat can't sleep on them. Do this stuff and the rest probably never occurs.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
if youre late for work, why would you have a shower and then have some toast?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I sympathize as I've been there. However, I tend to think of things this way: Perhaps all of the little things that go wrong, annoy you, and make you late are keeping you from experiencing something that could be life threatening. Experiencing annoyances also makes you grateful for the uneventful days and makes you think about cultivating more patience in your life.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
LOL and i thought i had # days haha
Perhaps your not taking a hint???

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

... and then my head explodes, again!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
if youre late for work, why would you have a shower and then have some toast?
my metabolism doesnt allow me to do much of anything if my stomach is empty...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a day like that teachs you a lot about yourself. you can anticipate things and they won't allow an emotional response.
but yes i've had a day like that where everything went wrong, beyond my control.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey there Blocula.Im thinking,not so much had a lot of those days(though i did have 'em,in spades) more like one of those LIVES.. on a much larger scale,though. Well,for the regular "invisible" days (i call them Hexed days) i figured out early in life,in my teens,that only one thing helps-"cancel" the day early as possible.Make an excuse to get out of school/work if at all possible..get home,and get into bed with a good book/hunker down on the couch with favourite dvd's or tv shows,whatever works for you.Close the curtains+shut out the world as much as you can-because on these days,you will not win,or make any progress.Rather,setbacks that damage or nullify previous progress made.So thats what i did,whenever i could.Otherwise i would just purse my lips,slip into my battle-mindset+soldier on as best i could.Soon as i got home,grab a sandwich and into bed-on such days i dont go near a stove.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

there definitely does seem to be some kind of domino effect thats set into motion when something bad happens,even mildly bad,but i dont recall too many good time chain reactions being set into motion...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

You used the word hexed and i have associated invisible days with being cursed,like someone placed a temporary curse on me,or perhaps,theres occasional glitches in the matrix?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeah,those days are freaky.Strange thing,ive had a very harsh life,and when life's been brutal to me,ive just accepted it,and dealt with it.Like the time i came home to find my friend's corpse in my apartment,well the next morning,i assumed she was asleep.Then i had to go to the police station and report it.(This was in the days before cells+i could not afford a landline) Then i had to go and tell her parents,because i would rather they hear it from me than the cops.You just do what you have to do in severe circumstances,you know.But on hexed days its like life is just plain being childish and petty.And so, occasionally on such a day,i choose to not play.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Let me just say that I actually spent time as part of a project in school for my math team studying the phenomenon of good vs bad days.

Its a mathematical fact that people DO have bad days and there is NO way to avoid it. Just know that it happens and that is life. Those days when not one thing goes wrong but multiple things go wrong that otherwise do not go wrong.

This is a common group assignment for science and math majors so Im sure alot of this is on google. Might be fun to check out so you know you are not alone when it happens and that it WONT happen everyday since that may be probable its not really possible xD

math puns HA

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You should write it all down and send it to a movie studio
so it could become a comedy.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Our thoughts create our reality, So if you think you are having one of these bad days again, Just change it. it's easy and don't have to be hard, Just stop those negative thinking patterns(Everything is against me, Nothing ever works out etc). No matter what happens. U will see the change.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MoneyIsWorthless

On a day that it happens,an invisible day,i'm just doing what i've got to do,like every other day,but on invisible days,when its like i am invisible and not even there,bad timings,bad situations and bad events just unfold one after the other and they keep on blossoming,but,good things dont work that way 99% of the time,why?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Can totally relate!

I had this on the 30th of March to the 31st

Oh and I felt totally invisible too!

Let's see...trying to remember what happened. Woke up with a very off feeling, like uh oh, things just don't feel right today. But I decided to think positive and dive into the day. Everything was going ok until someone tried to steal a few thousand dollars out of my husband and i's bank account (hacked my online banking profile) ok so we ended up getting that sorted out thank god, could have been so much worse if I hadn't been on top of watching my bank account.

Then, the next day I woke up still feeling strange, but feeling lucky that we had dodged such a big bullet the day before. So I decide to take my son to the park, hadn't been to that particular one in ages but decided to go anyways. Long story short my fearless little one and a half year old was climbing up the stairs to go down a slide even though I was right behind him he slipped and fell about 7 feet to the ground. It was one of those slow mo moments where my hand goes out to grab onto his shirt but it was just too late. Lucky for me again he wasn't injured more than some scrapped knees. Talk about dodging another bullet!

So on the way home from the park I come to an intersection and I swear I see a light had just turned green, I looked in the mirror at my son for a split second and realize to my horror that the light is in fact red and there is an oncoming car making a left turn. Once again I get really lucky because I was going so slowly in the first place and was able to hit the breaks and avoid an accident.

It was really one of those days where everything seems to be conspiring against me! It had me feeling so strange I decided not to go out for the rest of day because I was too paranoid that something bigger and worse would happen. So I held down the fort at home and rode it out, and everything seems to be going back to normal now.

ETA here's something interesting I've been thinking about recently. I tend to watch my fb status updates sometimes and realize that there will be a lot of people having the same bad days who are completely unrelated and unconnected. And the same is true of good days. Makes me wonder if it's more than just individual experience but something much bigger affecting people over many miles and continents.
edit on 1-4-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Some of these bad days are perception or related to what you do. I had a worse than normal day on Friday. I apparently dropped my badge for getting into work from it's normal spot and didn't notice until I got to work. I had to wait around a few minutes for someone to let me in. I was later than normal but my boss doesn't say anything about that since I work late. Then a few things popped up at work that took time away from regular work duties. I got things sorted out. Then I left for lunch and forgot my badge again. Even at the end of the day I left and suddenly remembered I forgot my umbrella. Uhh, darn it I thought, they locked the outer door as well and most people were gone already. I walked down to another door. I finally saw someone in the hallway and knocked on the door. I finally got in. I could have stated my day wasn't going too great.

Compared to others who got laid off the other day, my day was a whole lot better than their day. I was even concerned my car was scratched but after I got home, it washed right off so no one scratched it. My car was scratched at a club I visited one weekend back a few weeks ago. I decided I wasn't going back there again.

If I had gone to sleep earlier and checked to make sure I had my badge, I could have avoided a lot of my bad luck I had. Sometimes I like to think my bad luck could be good luck in preventing me from being at the wrong place at the wrong time. That way those unexpected annoying delays you sometimes experience don't seem nearly as bad. The idiot driver on the road who refused to take a right turn on red even though the road was clear (it's legal to do so here) could have prevented me from being somewhere when some other idiot driver would have hit me.

The vandals who scratched my car stopping me from visiting a club are causing me to save money. I'm not spending any at the one club and staying home more often. A chain reaction of events can happen or not happen because of one event that wasn't pleasant.

I have heard about someone not being happy about being ticketed for not wearing their seat belt. Then they got in a serious car wreck and because they were wearing their seat belt, they survived and said they wanted to thank the officer for stopping them because they would have been dead otherwise. Some of our bad days are due to perception and not planning ahead and checking things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join