It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Friend is Waking Up

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One of my friends is finally taking notice of the strangeness around us and especially the political arena. She voted for the O (yes I have some friends who are democrats, hard as that may be to believe) hoping for real change and is very disappointed by the lack thereof. She is very intelligent, a degreed engineer, but has no real awareness of history or politics. I need some good books on history that can show how we got here. I don't mean text books, she took the required history courses in college, but a list of books that discuss the real history of the world and the US. If they discuss the impact of economics and especially the problems caused by central banks, that is even better. I can't just throw her in the "deep end", that is why I am not just bringing her here.
I need to get her up to speed, but not so fast that she rejects it all as conspiracy theories. Let's stay away from any "alien stuff" at first anyway. Any suggestions on what books I can recommend to her?

ETA: Mods, if this is the wrong place please move to the correct place.
edit on 1-4-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I know it feels so good to wake someone else up and finally get through to them. good for you



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakupairs
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I know it feels so good to wake someone else up and finally get through to them. good for you
Thanks, but I need help reinforcing it and bringing her further along.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I would strongly recommend Naomi Kline's "The Shock Doctrine...The Rise of Disaster Capitalism".

This book brings together a lot and will definitely send her 'down the rabbit hole' looking for more.

At least, my mind shifted and went searching after reading it.

You need to warn your friend, though. Once awakened, you can never go back to sleep LOL



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


Well I know the person I woke up does not like to do much reading, or documentaries. I noticed when I started waking him up I could not jump to the way out there ideas and had to start with the small stuff, leading into the big stuff. Without having to much old professor talking and terms that he could not yet understand.

If you want to start with the political side, I don't know if you've seen this video, but it is one of my favorites and easy for anyone to understand.



Its a video about a man wanting to live the "american dream" and the banking system controlling the world corrupts his dream. Pretty good cartoon (it also has a lot of facts) , hope this helps

edit on 1-4-2012 by jakupairs because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I can't just throw her in the "deep end", that is why I am not just bringing her here.
.
edit on 1-4-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)


That wasn't funny.

(Actually it was)

Actually I think a place like this would be a good place to start. She can read what she wants when she wants. If you know what "level" she's on, you can help by leading her to topics you think are where she's at mentally and even emotionally. Some things can be bit hard for people to take in, and if she's one of those people, you should ease it gently. You want it all to come as naturally as possible.

Think of ATS as a magazine. It's lighter reading than a book would be of this nature. She can go at her own pace and you can help her.

Tired now. Rough night last night and have to be back at 8.

Good night.
ly.





posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The best most straightforward book I know that directly attacks the discussed subject, especially regarding education is:

None Dare Call It Conspiracy

I don't think ATS is a good place to recommend someone to wake up. In fact it'll do the opposite. They'll run into ATS in their google searches anyway. When this place is discovered on one's own vs being introduced by someone else, I can imagine things going awry.

The book I had suggested above uses primary and secondary sources of evidence and does good a convincing job. It holds the qualities that make it credible and believable, not so much ATS. ATS has lots of information, but it's difficult to discern from whats true or not. Who's a troll, who's not. Disinformation, bad information, bad sources, and claims that go far beyond the physical reality. Stick to something simple and straightforward, like videos, books, and good reads.
edit on 1-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well I was going to suggest having her join ATS.....

I am going to check out a couple of the books mentioned here. thanks

Better hurry up she is running out of time.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
double post....

sorry.
This has happened twice today. There is a bug in the system. Or they are watching.

edit on 1-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You can start by telling her that the Federal Reserve Bank is actually a private bank. You can direct her to the website of the Fed and let her go from there. Let her do the research on her own.

Though I have to remind you that to be truly awakened, one also has to be awakened spiritually and totally loses one's fears. A lot of people here in ATS are still covered by fear. They think that the world is ending and all they know is doom and gloom. They are not yet awakened but are actually still captives of the dark cabal. Once they try to get out of their fear, hatred, anger and other lower vibrations, then they are awakening.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


Liberty and Tyranny is an excellent book that outlines how we got here and where we’re going.




posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 

The Zeitgeist movies are also worth watching imho. They are available free online as either downloads or directly streamable from the site (adobe flashplayer) . Much info for people not familiar with the whole conspiracy theory thing.

edit on 1/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Oops, replied to wrong person, corrected



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


You could type Illuminati backwards in your search bar and put .com after it. This will bring you to the NSA website.
I find that so weird and so in your face, it can't be fake.

You can show the person all the celebs, and them speaking out against the Illuminati. Especially Micheal Jackson. You can show her the relation between the government with the entertainment industry, mainstream media, and Music artist.

You can show her that the logos of most companies are in a pyramid shape, sometimes even showing the all seeing eye.

You can show her a lot of things, there's tons of easy stuff to look at but there is a lot of hard stuff to understand as well out there. Really, the first thing that got me to wake up was while I was watching 9-11 videos, I would come across video's showing the 9-11 truth idea and facts. Especially when I saw the "Loose Change" video, that really got me to wonder, why is my government doing this. Now, since then I have now came to the conclusion that there is a reptilian race that is evil trying to destroy all good.

just kiddin' but really lol
Hope I helped



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jakupairs
 


My friend is just the opposite. She has a masters degree. She will not trust you tube videos and the like at the start since anybody can post anything they want with little or no proof to back them up. Look at the anti-Christian parts of the original zeitgeist for example. When you followed the trail of the listed reference materials, you find they all lead back to only a few authors who were caught in many falsehoods. The economics portion of it was very educational though. No, I need to start her off with some books.

@PlantGirl I will look at the disaster capitalism book myself to see if it is appropriate. Thanks for that recommendation.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
The best most straightforward book I know that directly attacks the discussed subject, especially regarding education is:

None Dare Call It Conspiracy

I don't think ATS is a good place to recommend someone to wake up. In fact it'll do the opposite. They'll run into ATS in their google searches anyway. When this place is discovered on one's own vs being introduced by someone else, I can imagine things going awry.

The book I had suggested above uses primary and secondary sources of evidence and does good a convincing job. It holds the qualities that make it credible and believable, not so much ATS. ATS has lots of information, but it's difficult to discern from whats true or not. Who's a troll, who's not. Disinformation, bad information, bad sources, and claims that go far beyond the physical reality. Stick to something simple and straightforward, like videos, books, and good reads.
edit on 1-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)
That is my plan. I will look into that book, thanks.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


For sure, I understand.

I am very young and so are most of my friends, so the easiest to understand and kind of common since stuff is what I try to put forth when it comes to conspiracies.

at least i tried



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 

The Zeitgeist movies are also worth watching imho. They are available free online as either downloads or directly streamable from the site (adobe flashplayer) . Much info for people not familiar with the whole conspiracy theory thing.

edit on 1/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Oops, replied to wrong person, corrected
If I could show her only the economics half of zeitgeist, I would. The anti-Christian part would have her close her mind to any other information immediately. I watched it, but in the beginning I need to "prescreen" what she sees. I have already told her I will do that in order to shield her from stuff she is not prepared to deal with. I want to separate the wheat from the chaff in the beginning. I know I won't be able to shield her for long, her own native curiosity will have her in places like this soon enough. I will try to send her here before she discovers GLP though.
GLP needs to be taken with a ton of salt instead of the proverbial grain needed here.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
You can start by telling her that the Federal Reserve Bank is actually a private bank. You can direct her to the website of the Fed and let her go from there. Let her do the research on her own.

Though I have to remind you that to be truly awakened, one also has to be awakened spiritually and totally loses one's fears. A lot of people here in ATS are still covered by fear. They think that the world is ending and all they know is doom and gloom. They are not yet awakened but are actually still captives of the dark cabal. Once they try to get out of their fear, hatred, anger and other lower vibrations, then they are awakening.
We have already had that discussion. She still doesn't understand why that is bad yet. Though I have shown her that it is unconstitutional.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 

There are now 3 zeitgesist movies though, from memory only the 1st deals with the religious stuff.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good for them! It won't be easy but it'll set them free.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join