It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3; A poorly timed April Fool’s prank or something more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Thanks for this info. I recall this series at the time but didnt watch it. Was it a hoax? It was a well done one if it was. It wouldnt surprise me if it was true.

I viewed a tape years ago where they were trying to intrview one of the original astronauts, and he had become a recluse, and was acting very weird and they then produced the jukebox for playing the transmissions that were scrambled for any short wave listrners,great find OP

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Amazing story thank you for sharing.

This was all a bit before my time. They couldn't trick us today because we have "technology".(totally being sarcastic.)

You know I have found that the truth is in fact stranger than fiction.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

The best place to hide anything is in plain view.
Edgar Allan Poe – The Purloined Letter (1844)

On June 20th, 1977 the final episode of the weekly science series Science Report aired in the UK. For their final episode, they had something quite special for their viewers; what had started out as an investigation into the “brain drain”, a phenomena in which the best and brightest scientists and thinkers of the nation were being lured away to other lands by better pay and advanced facilities, turned into something much, much more….

Excellent OP. Just by coincidence, I mentioned Alternative 3 on another thread just a few days ago.

Have you ever read Jim Keith's "Casebook on Alternative 3" (published 1994)? Worth reading.

Keith died in 1999, a couple of weeks before his 50th birthday under murky circumstances. Supposedly he died in surgery of a blot clot from a broken knee, but the coroner listed the cause of death as "blunt force trauma."

To me the story is so Nazi in its flavor. Most here know how Nazi the Bilderbergers were at the beginning. And that our space program was thoroughly infiltrated by un-reformed Nazis. Read "Rise of the Fourth Reich" if you haven't yet.

There are certain aspects of the story that resonate with me on a deep level:

1.) the secret cooperation between the West and the Soviets, all sides controlled by the same people.

2.) the cavalier attitude the Elites have towards the environment. Look at how they pollute the seas with oil and toxic dispersants. The suppression of alternative energy tech. The Cap & Trade banking scam that does nothing to fix the pollution, etc.

I don't know if there really are secret bases on the Moon and on Mars for the Elites, but it would not be surprising either.

I'm sure the Elites have (for 50+ years) some kind of plan to survive the disasters that are inevitable -- if we continue on the path we're on now. Over-population, pollution of air, water, earth, dwindling resources -- and no sign of changing direction.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am glad that this has stayed a friendly thread without anyone shouting HOAX, we are all aware that this particular programme was a hoax anyway, but it was supposed to be based on a certain amount of fact. The main fact being that the discussions of different alternatives was discussed and a 3rd alternative was the exact scenario for the basis of the documentary, whether it was connected to the very real brain drain which was also a fact at the time is another matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What an excellent thread op! Well organized and informative. I enjoyed it much!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
S&F

had almost given up on ATS
after the past couple weeks...

Great thread...

I wonder why this Book [ Alternative 003]
is now such a great value

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

I wonder why this Book [ Alternative 003]
is now such a great value

That freaked me out when I was writing this thread. I bought it a few months ago for under $30 and when I saw how thin the book was, I worried that I had overpaid for it.

Now, the price has jumped to four times what I paid for it less than six months ago! Even gold doesn't go up that fast. Maybe I discovered the next big thing in investing; old conspiracy books.

It makes you wonder if the book really was fiction if the value can jump that fast so suddenly. Maybe TPTB are trying to buy them all up off the market so there won't be any permanent record of their evil plans.

I'll have to admit, I was tempted to sell mine back and make a tidy profit.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Because it has cult status, much like the book " Beneath the city streets " by Peter Laurie, which is also a rare and expensive book. For anyone on here who is too young to remember it, I will give a basic idea of it. It was written by some TOP journalists of the time because of the publishing strike, they decided to investigate Britains plans for what we would do in a Crisis or martial law situation. They uncovered how there are gun turrets on top of the banks for crowd control, amongst other shocking things, also how the military would shoot all of the mentlly sick and elderly in any hospital settng, to allow space for battle victims. It is a well respected book and very shocking to read ! It uncovered secret government plans and was a very controversial book, it is not so straightforward to get any real in-depth details very easily on the web about it, perhaps someone knows of a PDF version.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Qwenn because: authors name

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Sounds like a plotline to a mel gibson starring block buster.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Ballantine’s video tape and leads to the show’s final shocking revelation: The United States and Russia had collaborated in a successful mission to Mars in 1962.

I almost spit up my turnip juice.

1962 wasn't exactly a great time for "collaboration" between Russia and the US

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This was great. I had never heard of this.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

If you believe the program, then maybe the Cuban missile crisis was a smokescreen to keep our attention diverted while mankind made its greatest leap to date.

If you had something that big going on, you would need a HUGE news story to keep the public's attention diverted. What better distraction than mutually assured destruction?
edit on 4/1/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah, but, the Cuban Missile Crisis happened, and for good reason. according to your logic, the entire Cold War would have had to be a smoke screen... a laughable idea to say the least.

I'm fairly well versed in the Cold War and have read a lot about the CMC, theres no room for the possibility that it happened under false pretence.

Besides, Kennedy was in the Whitehouse, and I thought you Americans trusted him unconditionally?! With Marilyn Monroe wrapped around him, how could u not?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yup...and the military build-up could have hidden a lot of money and manufacturing. USA and Russia only "acted" like enemies to reach their goal. And the reason for not building bases on the Moon would be because they could be visible from Earth...etc., etc., etc.

If it weren't a known hoax...it would make an interesting theory.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great thread S&F!

I find the need to de-sex "The Batch Consignments" especially interesting. Reminds me of some attitudes today concerning reproductive rights of women. This "sex for procreation only" BS is not only backward it's a bit suspect imo. You might say it's about public health or to satisfy the religious but Idk it feels too controlling/purposeful to me.

Makes me think of THX1138, Fahrenheit 451 or 1984. In those stories intimate relationships between men and women led to outside the box thinking. Maybe there's something about the joining of humans during great sex that opens the mind...a true moment of clarity. Idk but it seems TPTB want control over everything in the daily lives of peons while the rich and famous pretty much do as they please. Are we already being groomed for "Batch Consignment" status?

Love threads like this they really get the wheels turning.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
sorry, the OP posted the video already... Didn't see it...
edit on 1-4-2012 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just want to thank the OP for such a well presented thread. Although you posted videos your write up really dragged me in. With a cap on my bandwidth I don't usually watch videos running longer than a minute or two but I must confess I had to watch some of yours.

People like you are why I came to ATS in the first place and the reason I've stayed for so long.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff, one of the best threads posted in a long time.

I must ask though, why would they send our smartest people to Mars?

Their logic is absurd. Mars is already a steaming pile of crap.

Earth isn't doing too bad as it is. And it would be impossibly hard to rebuild Mars.

Why not just send everyone else to Mars and keep our smartest people here?

edit on 1-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thank you so much for making this post. These were the types of threads that had drawn me into ATS and now they are far and few in between. It's been a long time since a thread has captured my mind and I've been able to sit here and read it all the way through.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow I'm watching the video now, this is extremely elaborate for a hoax, I've never seen anything like this in my life. The bit where they enter that guys house with the film crew and he goes berserk on them has an eerie feeling as if it's not acting. This is some mind-boggling stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join