It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rain water catchment system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

How in the world will this kill you faster than having no water at all? There are many filtration systems out there as well as chlorine and boiling the water if need be. I think most would have the common sense to make the water potable in a survival situation. I stress survival situation.
edit on 31-3-2012 by wrecksrme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
will this system kill you in the event of total economic collapse?

Yes. When it comes to water everything is against you. You have diseases, insects, pesticides and that bird that pooped on the roof... yeah that just got washed into your rain barrel. It's not only unsafe to drink the water its literally suicide.

One would assume that the person collecting it would filter it/boil it before consuming it. I think most people realize by now that just because it is water, doesn't mean it is safe. It wouldn't be suicide, it would make you sick, but not necessarily dead.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
With the right filter you can make drinkable water from a swamp. Study, learn and buy equipment now before you need it.

Water school link here

www.amazon.com... Vario-Multi-Water-Microfilter/dp/B000KUVVY4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333512872&sr=8-3

Also these new micropur tablets are fantastic. Use with Nalgene bottles (genuine Nalgene is made in USA, accept no substitutes).

http:// www.amazon.com/Katadyn-Micropur-Water-Purification-Tablets/dp/B000IDXL5A/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1333513029&sr=1-2

This style of Nalgene bottle screws on to the bottom of the above filter.
www.amazon... .com/Nalgene-Tritan-Mouth-Water-Bottle/dp/B002PLU912/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1333513266&sr=1-1

edit on 3-4-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 3-4-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

This is a little more expensive, but it does 4000 litres. You can also buy extra filters.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by kawika

This is a little more expensive, but it does 4000 litres. You can also buy extra filters.

If you got $300 to burn, the katadyn pocket does 13,000 gallons and has a replaceable filter. It' cost twice as much, but last 12x longer.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Wow. Not only does it do more, but it filters more finely than the lifesaver and is washable. The only downside that I can see in comparing the two is the Katadyn filters slower. Thanks for the info!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join