It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best April Fools Jokes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Funny and aproppriate article today: The Best April Fools' Day Pranks of All Times. Have a look, it is entertaining.

To summarize briefly:

Swiss spaghetti (1987): BBC claimed that Switzerland had a "bumper crop" of Spaghetti this year, and posted pics of peasants harvesting pasta from trees.

Color TV – now with nylon! (1962): Swedish TV station made a whole nation look like idiots by claiming black-and-white TV could be made color by stretching panty hose over the TV screen.

Left-handed burgers (1998): A Burger King ad. Some customers demanded the "original" right-handed ones.

Pi gets rewritten (2008): A Microsoft exec claimed the company had determined the true-up value of pi to be 3.141999.

The Taco Liberty Bell (1996): Taco bell announced it had bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell.

Nixon again (1992): NPR claimed that Nixon was running for reelection with the slogan: "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again."

Thomas Edison's Magic Machine (1877): Newspaper announced Edison had invented a machine that could turn soil into cereal and water into wine.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thomas Edison's Magic Machine (1877): Newspaper announced Edison had invented a machine that could turn soil into cereal and water into wine.

This was real, suppressed technology.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I remember a good one from BBC news a few years ago. In the UK we drive on the right hand side of the road, and so they ran a story saying that the UK government had decided to adopt the continental europe approach of driving on the left hand side of the road. The change would be gradual, depending on the registration number of the vehicle, so vehicles with registration plates beginning with certain letters should start to drive on the left hand side of the road first and the rest would follow a few days later.

At first it's not so obvious what is wrong with that idea, still makes me chuckle.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here's one, it was supposed to air on April Fools Day but it got delayed;

Alternative 3; A poorly timed April Fool’s prank or something more?

Even after the studio admitted up and down that the whole thing was a hoax, people refused to believe them, thinking the government had forced them to tell people it was a hoax.

Maybe they weren't wrong...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

My Facebook status reads:

New number. Who's going to be the first to call? 202-456-1414

*It is the number to the White House in Washington D.C. , home of the President.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My brother texted his ex-wife this morning: "How would you feel about trying to get back together?"

After her response where she said she would think about it .... he responded: "April Fools"

Devious shenanigans indeed.
edit on 1-4-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

April Fool's Day Joke Raises Awareness on Distracted Walking
The Mayor's Office played an April Fool's Day joke on the media in order to raise awareness on distracted walking.

The Office first sent a press release to all media describing a pilot program for an "E-Lane," a designated sidewalk space for distracted pedestrians who are walking while using their electronic devices.

“Philadelphia is the city of firsts,” said Mayor Nutter in the press release. “On April 1st, 2012, the world again sees a first in Philadelphia. Stand on any sidewalk in Philadelphia you will see fellow citizens with busy lives who can’t take the time to look up from their iPhones, BlackBerries and other electronic devices. The E-Lane is a safe and convenient option for those distracted walkers and should make sidewalks safer for the rest of us. More Philadelphians than ever before rely on mobile technology to do business and stay in touch with family and friends. We need to accommodate them.”

The stretch of sidewalk, across the street from City Hall on the 1400 block of JFK Boulevard, featured a painted lane and signs. Various media outlets, including NBC10, reported the story after receiving the press release on Saturday. The Mayor’s Office revealed one more detail on Sunday however. The whole thing is an elaborate April Fool’s Day joke.

NBC Philly

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

edit on 1-4-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's one I wish were really true:

new topics

top topics

join