It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every single one of you need to watch this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This has been posted before, but the thread hasn't been looked at since 2010.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am tired of all this racist bull#, tired of all the pointless and petty arguments that have ensued on here. I, have had enough.

You say you have woken up. Do not let yourself fall back asleep.

Why, do posts like these, get buried? But threads regarding one incident in Florida have exploded and are popping up left and right.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Excellent share and I could not agree with you more in the way a news story like the Martin shooting can just bury everything else. It's that shooting this week....but it was a toddler being murdered in Florida last week and a teenage misadventure turned missing/presumed dead in Aruba the week before that. It's always some very small, narrow and ultimately local tragedy turned to nation focus that keeps us looking in the direction away from where we need to be.

The only ONE thing I really disagree with..and it's small in context to the message of your video, so please take it that way, but it's BIG in a detail that I think makes all the difference. That is Racism as the point to blame. It isn't Racism. It never has been in my view and it's FAR FAR more nuanced and subtle than outright Racism. How many minorities would volunteer to fight for the KKK? Extreme example...but I sure would't join a group openly stomping others on that basis.

More importantly...It wasn't racism that had 18yr old American kids killing 18yr old German kids in the Arden Forest or Italian Kids in Sicily. Race sure had nothing to do with what kept the militaries of the Super Powers fighting each other by proxy of whatever poor nation got picked to be the battlefield of the moment. Finally, when CIA Officers, Soviet KGB Officers and the lesser Allied agents of both were chasing each other and occasionally killing each other all over the world for most of the 20th century, all those in the game were White. At least, in general terms.

So...Replace racism with the more subtle tactics of simply demonizing another people by whatever means the Psy-Op people figure will work best in a given situation and I find nothing in the video I don't feel and agree with 110%

edit on 31-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is a very good point. I didn't necessarily see it in that light, but it makes sense. There are numerous youtube videos of soldiers who have "woken up" and have stepped forward to speak out.

One word comes to my mind when I watch them; powerful.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
wabbit analyzed and critiqued it well already,

my issue is when people submit to being a puppet, go out and consume, hate, lust, indulge, get fat, rape, steal, humiliate, kill, massacre, then some decades later of doing so all their life they suddenly have this epiphony as showcased by the soldier- where was their conscious and dignity and sense of guilt all the while before? sheesh.

we are citizens and funders of the bulk of atrocities upon the whole world. why do we finance all this bloodshed and fattening up of Satan on earth itself? ask people if they were drafted would they fight 'for' their country, and most will with a sense of patriotic duty and pride for 'their' country. that goes to show who is winning with the brainwashing, slavery, and oppression.

when we have people NOT funding the banksters and their government sponsored world terror, and none volunteering or being drafted, when we have people not settiling for rigged elections, POTUS with a string of high treasons in one term, and accepting bs like al qaeda and obama and pulling off such farces as 9/11 and conveniently a decade later the 'sacrifice' of its scapegoat osama. obama the enigmatic presidential figure also with a racial twist to KEEP the people divided.. as long as we are divided we will kill each other off we must appreciate and embrace humanity, equality, and life if we are not to blow humanity, ourself, the altruistic human condition that should be from the get-go, off the face of this earth.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.....

I thought.... of all the people who would not fall for this tatic would be the ones who come to ATS.... yet the powers that be still pull the wool over peoples eyes....

I dont even know why all these Trayvon threads are on ATS.... it doesn't seem the place for such topics.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This vid made me cry. The young man speaking, Mike Prysner, is my hero for today, thank you Mike Prysner.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Powerfull stuff. I hear the message, but a little part of me also thinks, who made this, who produced it and why. It would be excellent enemy propaganda. Divide and conquer etc

The problem is, that if the people of America remain apathetic and a large percentage of troops become dissilusioned, then the defensive capability of America is drastically reduced too. Perfect scenario for an opposing super power.

Its a ****ed up thing thats for sure. It's a loose, loose situation, the product of a government becoming detached from its people I think, weakens everybody.
edit on 31-3-2012 by pot8er because: added thoughts

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Why is there no reference to Australia? We have lost thousands of soldiers fighting in YOUR wars, yet you don't even mention us? Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this thread - I had not seen it. I am moved by the eloquent words of a man who spoke from his heart and conscience and that is what we need more of - people in the spotlight - who speak with sense and sensitivity.

May many many more of the armed service follow him and put down their guns and take off their uniforms - as we all stand united for what is right - PEACE.

Much Peace...we need it by the truckload...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yah, this vid touches me where it matters. Most telling part:

What do you say to her? How do you justify any amount of killing to her? I cannot invent any words...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Very compelling video. I actually teared up watching.
Thanks for reposting this. S&F

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Racism truly is a powerful weapon when it is used to train soldiers to hate someone other than what they are taught is acceptable as a human being.

Thank you for the vid. I will download and share with those that believe we are better and more deserving than anyone else.

Quite simply...because we're not better. In fact in many ways we are worse.

Peace

edit on 1-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a beautiful video.
but it pains me that our heroes must feel that pain. it was not them who chose to go to war there. but out government. these brave military personnel enlisted to HELP our COUNTRY. and instead, they end up feeling guilt and shame. I will always have a respect and love for our armed forces.
I don't care what insults, videos, articles, WHATEVER, anyone may throw at me. I will ALWAYS respect our military. end of story. no changing my mind. whatsoever.
edit on 1-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

and intrptr. that is such a sad photo. it breaks my heart. truly.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well i must be jaded pretty bad for this to not really yug at my heart. Yeah it sucks but they have to have something to focus on just to get through their tours. Still thats a sad picture in the graveyard. Al i would say is sorry for your loss mamm and walk away personally.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I suppose it would be difficult for those who have not been put in the situation.
I had a time where my boyfriend at the time (we'll call him Jeff) was in Afghanistan, and was a sniper. he went out on a mission and "was supposed to be back hours ago" according to his bunkmate. we'll call him Fred.
Fred then told me that Jeff was probably dead, and that he was sorry.
about an hour later Fred said. "they found his body, Jeff is dead, I'm sorry"
about twenty minutes later, Jeff called me and apologized for taking longer than he'd said that he would take, that he was okay, and that he was sorry for worrying me.

I spent quite a few hours thinking that my boyfriend was dead. and It was one of the hardest times in my life.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

I know how that feels to lose someone close to you like that. Woman i knew in israel who i had been interested in online for a year or so. She had about a month and a half left on her service to the IDF. She had plans to come and move to the states and settle near me so we could go out and mayby build a relationship. She was out one day grabbing some groceries and a rocket fell in her proximity. I think you can guess how that ended. Mayby thats why im so harsh on pakistanis and israelis. Mayby i just hate seeing such stupidity costing lives on both sides. All i know is i will always ask myself what if she would have stayed home instead of going to get something. Ah well.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by novemberecho

I know how that feels to lose someone close to you like that. Woman i knew in israel who i had been interested in online for a year or so. She had about a month and a half left on her service to the IDF. She had plans to come and move to the states and settle near me so we could go out and mayby build a relationship. She was out one day grabbing some groceries and a rocket fell in her proximity. I think you can guess how that ended. Mayby thats why im so harsh on pakistanis and israelis. Mayby i just hate seeing such stupidity costing lives on both sides. All i know is i will always ask myself what if she would have stayed home instead of going to get something. Ah well.

my condolences, my friend.
it is very tough in these times.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
excellent post. s&f for you! ive down loaded this vid, and am spreading it around my fb now.
a friend of mine at work,her son was in the military,and she was handing out those silly rubber 'support our troops' bracelets. i turned down her offer saying,i support our army,but i refuse to support why they are in iraq.
well i guess her son 'dummied up,and he left the army because of all the crap happening over there.
my friend finally understood where i was coming from.
i know many middle eastern folks that emigrated to canada,and they all have horror stories of this occupation.
it saddens my heart what we are doing over there
peace

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Theyre awake.

edit on 1-4-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

and the Kiwis lost alot of good men fighting with Australian ANZACs and they are rarely given a mention in Australia let alone Australian high schools - my son had to remind the teacher of that fact and he was told in a manner of speaking to shut up!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join