It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here They Come For The Guns!!! Biden starts the Fla. gun law debate STAND YOUR GROUND STANDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, we knew they would come for the guns eventually
well folks, now here is biden, not only sparking this debate,
but throwing fuel on the heated fire! WHAT A BIG JERK!!

Vice President Joe Biden said Florida's "Stand Your Ground" gun laws will be a topic of debate in light of the controversy surrounding the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"It's important that people be put in a position where their Second Amendment rights are protected, but that they also don't, as a consequence of the laws, unintendedly put themselves in harm's way," Biden told anchor Bob Schieffer in an interview to air on "Face the Nation" on Sunday.
"The idea that there's this overwhelming additional security in the ownership and carrying concealed and deadly weapons... I think it's the premise, not the constitutional right, but the premise that it makes people safer is one that I'm not so sure of," Biden said.

Capitalization: Please review this link

So over martins dead body, Biden thinks it is time to
use this for stiffling gun laws. The stand your ground law
is a good law, and a major win for gun rights.
People should be pissed off Biden is exploiting
treyvon like this!!

THE PEOPLE OF FL. can decide
if they want stand your ground NOT YOU BIDEN!!
If someone is trying to rape a person a women lets say and the rapist
doesn't have a gun but you do, is that said victim noT justified
to shoot said rapist? This law says yes, some states can lock you up
for shooting someone if they do not have a gun which is BS!!
THIS IS WHY STAND YOUR GROUND IS GOOD
FOR THE PEOPL, AND THE VICTIMS AND POTENTIAL
VICTIMS OF CRIME!
Everything you need to know about the zimmerman and martin case WITH UPDATES
edit on 31-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed capitalization

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I knew it was only a matter if time, when Martin received Obama's sponsorship. Now the VP is speaking out and exploiting this young man in a national debate against the 2nd amendment. How is that not treason?

These people who have been so called "elected" as our leaders need to shut their mouths and lead. They just add gas to the fire, they are not leaders.

Oh and let's not forget that before this was NEWS, the Martin family was in contact with Eric Holder and that guy is most definitely treasonous the constitution and American People.
edit on 31-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why am I not at all surprised?
Pretty sure they'll be bringing this all up again on Columbine's 13th anniversary this year, too.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I knew it was only a matter if time, when Martin received Obama's sponsorship. Now the VP is speaking out and exploiting this young man in a national debate against the 2nd amendment. How is that not treason?

These people who have been so called "elected" as our leaders need to shut their mouths and lead. They just add gas to the fire, they are not leaders.

Oh and let's not forget that before this was NEWS, the Martin family was in contact with Eric Holder and that guy is most definitely treasonous the constitution and American People.
edit on 31-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Why would eric holder be in contact with them
to tell them *dont worry were going to take treyvon to new heights, this crisis is not wasted*.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

In my opinion the Stand your ground law in FLA and other places needs to be clearer. That said, I hate guns, despise them even so I can't objectively discuss gun laws. In recent months I've swayed from total gun control support to more middle ground, I still hate them but I now understand better the reasoning behind the 2nd Amendment and I will defend that Amendment.

Now as for you pops, if only you had been vocal about your concerns on the suppression of the 2nd Amendment that this case has potentially brought from the beginning of the media hype instead of flaunting your racism, you may have had a better chance at intelligent (lol) discussion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

According to a link I found on ABC the family contacted him.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How is that not treason?

Treason, for questioning a controversial state law? That's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

In my opinion the Stand your ground law in FLA and other places needs to be clearer. That said, I hate guns, despise them even so I can't objectively discuss gun laws. In recent months I've swayed from total gun control support to more middle ground, I still hate them but I now understand better the reasoning behind the 2nd Amendment and I will defend that Amendment.

Most victims of rape, victims of crimes,
would love to have had
a guns when they were being assualt
when the nutjob was trying to rape them.
If someone is trying to rape a person a women lets say and the rapist
doesn't have a gun but you do, is that said victim noT justified
to shoot said rapist? This law says yes, some states can lock you up
for shooting someone if they do not have a gun which is BS!!
THIS IS WHY STAND YOUR GROUND IS GOOD
FOR THE PEOPL, AND THE VICTIMS AND POTENTIAL
VICTIMS OF CRIME!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a bad law, please learn to read. I said that law needs to be clearer. Nice how you avoided the rest of my post as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is one of those "don't-let-a-good-crisis-go-to-waste" events.

2012 (especially July) is a huge year for finalization of the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

There are issues being clarified this year and big negotiations in the works concerning SMALL ARMS.

And, considering that Obama, Panetta, and the rest of this administration are UN kiss-assers and globalists (in my opinion), this issue regarding Trayvon Martin (and now other racial violence incidents across the nation being sparked from it) IS THE PERFECT CRISIS to use........Obama is no fan of our 2nd Amendment and NEEDS a crisis AND the UN to wipe it out.

Keep an eye on the UN ATT starting from Feb. of this year through July.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a bad law, please learn to read. I said that law needs to be clearer. Nice how you avoided the rest of my post as well.

People want to put zimmerman on trial without
evidence so.
Lets start putting the real terrorist
on trial then. The muslim terrorists in
this country, the ones we know are terrorist,
but can't quite prove it.
damn them they have to come up with real evidence to
do anything with them. Then you go down a slippery
slope.
Lets start putting our weird neighbor on trial because
someone saw them posting on ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I don't know how you're not banned yet. You're worried about more gun control laws and in that I can agree that you might have a legitimate concern, yet you can't put your racism down for a second to discuss it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I can agree that you might have a legitimate concern,

Which is what>>?

THE STAND YOUR GROUND LAW
is good for victims

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This administration is slow.The Clintons would have hit on guns the second day ,to deflect racial tension and remove evil guns from our twisted deadly grasps.

link   

The law as written is coming under fire for a reason, it needs some major clarity so that more people don't end up murdered because of it. There's other cases besides Trayvon Martin's, do some research (lol).

link   
They are just going to go for broke I guess.

Here are 7 pages of discussion on the same thing - Chuck Schumer (D-NY) calls for probe of Stand your ground laws. www.abovetopsecret.com...

They will not let this "crisis" go away - too good an opportunity.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The law as written is just fine Martin was not in any imminent danger he has no claim to the law. He as a result of his poor choice to attack Zimmerman was killed in self defense.

Give it up Obama your not getting the guns. You could pass a law tomorrow banning all guns and requiring people to turn them in and your not getting them period end of story. You can put on the dog and pony shows in the media etc. it doesn't matter. People did not buy tens of millions upon millions of guns in the last few years on top of the 150 million they already had just to turn them over and have their rights trampled over a single incident... ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

edit on 31-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
They are just going to go for broke I guess.

Here are 7 pages of discussion on the same thing - Chuck Schumer (D-NY) calls for probe of Stand your ground laws. www.abovetopsecret.com...

They will not let this "crisis" go away - too good an opportunity.

It is all adding up.
With each announcement*
and people coming out
using zimmerman as the
fall out guy trying to hang him
for their own agenda!!
screw these idiots.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The law as written is just fine Martin was not in any imminent danger he has no claim to the law. He as a result of his poor choice to attack Zimmerman was killed in self defense.

Give it up Obama your not getting the guns. You could pass a law tomorrow banning all guns and requiring people to turn them in and your not getting them period end of story. You can put on the dog and pony shows in the media etc. it doesn't matter. People did not buy tens of millions upon millions of guns in the last few years on top of the 150 million they already had just to turn them over and have their rights trampled over a single incident... ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

edit on 31-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

The sitting party is shaking in their boots
over the election, this show is just getting started//
*eats popcorn*

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Heres another argument that suggests that Zimmerman should have never been in possessed a gun because he had an incident a few years back that resulted in a misdemeanor, but now they are saying he should have been charged with a felony and therefore never able to legally obtain a firearm.

So instead, we could just go back and time and rewrite history, oh you committed a misdemeanor, well that should have been a felony and we are the time cops. Little did we know that years from now you would murder poor old innocent Trayvon.

Or maybe the media is pushing for something here, maybe instead of disallowing felons from buying guns, we can just add in misdemeanors, and while were at it, we can go and find all these previous misdemeanors and collect their guns, in the name of a law that never before even existed!!! In the name of Trayvon.

Commit a misdemeanor? No right to defend yourself.

www.theroot.com...
edit on 1-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join