It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo
The 13 Colonies wanted independence from Britain because of the "Tyranny" of King George III. So what happens when the 13 Colonies get their independence? They embark upon their own form of tyranny on the true ownes of the land they live on..........The Native American Indians.
- In England, if the serfs didn't pay their annual duties (taxes) they were kicked-off the noble's land or imprisoned, and his family was left to starve. In America, if you don't pay your taxes, they lock you up and leave your family to fend for themselves.
- In England, if you spoke ill of the king, you would be locked-up in the tower for a few months/years. In America, if you speak ill of our government, they can label you a terrorist and lock you up indefinitely with no trial needed.
- Serfs that could not eat in times of famine were legally obliged to be fed by the lord of the manor. America has Welfare and Food Stamps.
- Serfs were not allowed to leave the land they worked. In America, you need a passport to travel, and the government can deny you travel for any reason they deem fit.
- The Crusades. The Crusades were a campaign to liberate Jerusalem from Muslim control. Look at our military involvement in the Middle East for the last 25 years.