It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White guy wanders into the ghetto. Stripped, robbed, and beaten..No media coverage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+92 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

With the mobs of protesters and Rev. Sharpton and Jackson declaring that no young, black male is safe in the streets anymore, I give you, the people of ATS, a video that will see no news coverage.

A white male, who appears intoxicated, finds himself in an all black nieghborhood. The white man gets beaten, stripped naked, and robbed.

Yet, you will see no media coverage of this.

I have turned on the news once today. I watched for 30 minutes and only saw two stories: The lotto and Trayvon Martin case. I think it is quiet obvious how biased the media is. Why do you think this gets no coverage?

It is pretty hard to watch and not feel sympathetic for the man.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

White guilt.

In enough time, no one will be shocked by white on black racism.

So, that is when the media will report black on white racism.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas Why do you think this gets no coverage?

#1. He was not killed
#2. None of the people were arrested and let go
#3. We know the whole story from the video, so.. nothing left to imagination.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
oh you mean more hypocrisy???

Sounds about right!! Thanks for the post OP!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
People should know better to go into a bad area if they cant fight and dont have a weapon..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
People should know better to go into a bad area if they cant fight and dont have a weapon..

And I suppose you can fight like Jet lee while drunk?

I know I think I can while drunk, but thanks to cell cams I have been sober for quite a long time

edit on 30-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

+60 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
you know how many assaults, beatings and robberies happen a day across the planet? lots of them have no media coverage. they only pick and choose the ones they want to feature to create something out of it. they picked Trayvon for a reason, to stoke racial tensions and distract people from whats really going on. Its the oldest trick in the book.

People are talking about hoodies rather than talking about whats really going on. We need to be strong and not let our emotions be manipulated by the BS media. We are not sheeple, use your own judgement, think critically and dont get swept away by emotion. Divide and conquer, works every time...if we let it!

+84 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Riiiight....."bad area"

The problem is people living in the bad area, not the people who go into them.

He wasn't in Uganda; he was in the United States.
A civilized society would have helped him into a taxi, or even gave him a bed to sleep in...

What you are seeing is the Law of the Jungle -- the hooting and howling, the beating and robbing, make it quiet clear that those people are not civilized.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

#1. He was not killed

Absolutely. So many people are trying to make the Martin case about race but, really, it's about a horrible law that allows you to shoot people even if you can reasonably avoid the situation. There may or may not be racism involved but it is his detainment and then subsequent release that makes it such a big story.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
man that made me sick to my stomach
sure we don't know what happened before the video started (or was edited) but he was no harm to all those people :/
i remember back in the uk at my local a guy comes wondering out and is looking around obviously wondering where the hell his house is. me and my friends didn't think it would be funny to mess around with him instead we pointed him in the direction of his house.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: i can't type

edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Man I just don't get how you can treat your fellow man like that

edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sadly the only way this would have gotten coverage would have been if he would have pulled a 45 out of his drawers while stripping and capped a few of the attackers.

THEN it would have been all over the media....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

We don't know that this guy "wandered" into a bad area at all...

We know nothing about this, other than the crappy, grainy video.

There could be a million reasons why he was sparked out and whooped......

+5 more 
link   

Originally posted by BigBlackDog
Sadly the only way this would have gotten coverage would have been if he would have pulled a 45 out of his drawers while stripping and capped a few of the attackers.

yeah if the white man shot a black guy instead of being beat up and stripped and sexually assaulted (this is still sexual assault)...

Maybe Spike Lee should tweet these guys addresses... it would only be fair
edit on 30-3-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

link   
When people start paying more attention to whether or not a hoodie is appropriate attire instead of news that actually matter, what does that tell you about the state of things?

It means two things. One, people are incredibly easy to manipulate into a frenzy and two, the people in charge know this and create situations to get these reactions.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals. -- Kay, MIB

The media and politicians use that very accurate truth to their advantage. And it works, every time.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Some people just don't need to drink,

Hell they could have offered him a couch to pass out on, but that would be a boring story lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

#1. He was not killed

Absolutely. So many people are trying to make the Martin case about race but, really, it's about a horrible law that allows you to shoot people even if you can reasonably avoid the situation. There may or may not be racism involved but it is his detainment and then subsequent release that makes it such a big story.

Your'e right! We should all give up our guns and anything that might be used as a weapon so we can not stand up for ourselves from anyone or any thing! Yea, right. Can see right through your motivation!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by BigBlackDog

yeah if the white man shot a black guy instead of being beat up and stripped and sexually assaulted (this is still sexual assault)...

Maybe Spike Lee should tweet these guys addresses... it would only be fair
edit on 30-3-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

"White racist opens fire in black neighborhood. Hate crime charges expected, Obama schedules news conference at 2 pm."

And 400 ATS threads.....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
at least they act the same way against each other....

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

and brown people

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

society indecline...

but its a big no-no if a white person is doing harm against a black one....(but the same is with muslim/arabic/turkish-people in europe...) so what can we do?
edit on 30-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

From what I have observed in the video these are a bunch of followers demonstrating the self weakness by not following what they feel is right and wrong IN THEIR OWN MINDS and feeding the ignorance instead of standing up to it. Leaders and followers, smh

@ I think it is quiet obvious how biased the media is. Why do you think this gets no coverage?

Because the media is controlled by those who pick the stories to be influenced on the populace, so maybe you should be a catalyst for this situation within the OP to get coverage for this ignorance if your compassion is strong and not racially motivated. If there is an issue bring it to the minds of many to overcome and advance as a species.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Not directed at avatard but in general since everyone seems to know what a "bad neighborhood" is,

Isnt that notion racist as hell?

If not racist than classist?

How is the "bad area" defined?

By its projected image? Statistical crime rates? The way visitors are treated?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join