It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Cloud over Miami, Florida. 1:00pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
img.abovetopsecret.com...

I was out for a morning run, when I was heading home, I saw the rainbow cloud.
Thought I was never going to see one. there is the image.

I have noticed more people have been seeing them lately, I have some friends in Brazil who saw a rainbow cloud about 3 days ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Nice pic, you're lucky to have seen one, as they are somewhat rare. I've seen them out here in So Cal on several occasions, and they are an interesting phenomenom to observe.

Cloud iridescence is the occurrence of colors in a cloud similar to those seen in oil films on puddles, and is similar to irisation. It is a fairly uncommon phenomenon, most often observed in altocumulus, cirrocumulus and lenticular clouds, and very rarely in Cirrus clouds.[1][2][3]

Cloud iridescence

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I see them in PA sometimes and have noticed when the shades are on you see them in more detail as opposed to no UV eye cover only seeing part of them. Nice find

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Arnt those type of clouds usually spotted before an earthquake?

Pretty sure ive read a few accounts on strange sky phenomena related to earthquakes i just dont remember enough to link!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I am not sure I see those HAARP clouds around the Pgh PA region for there are seldom quakes but I do see the rainbow kinds.. They are hard to notice on the more shiney days unless you got uv protection over the eyes so many dont notice them it seems.
edit on 3/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Want conspiracy ?

What IF....
Earth geomagnetic getting weaker due to earth pole shifting, thus allowing stronger sun radiation to penetrate the atmosphere thus creating the weird cloud.????

There you go. Point to ponder.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Or it could just be that water refracts light, and clouds are made of water?

Point to ponder.....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Cool I'm in Miami also.
At work in Coral Gables right now.

I've caught a couple of those types of clouds in the past couple of months.
It's probably just our high humidity come into play.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One acronym to sum up the picture.....HAARP.

Anyone living in Miami is about to get f***** by a HUGE earthquake! Run to the open!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The first time I saw one of these clouds, I freaked out. I was reminded of the cloud lights in China before the earthquake. But now I notice them more and more. Nearly on a constant basis now. I don't know if this is a new phenomena or if it's because I'm always staring at the sky with my new aviators that my girlfriend got me.

Anyone got a good guess?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Pretty. As I posted under a similar thread I saw one of these too a couple of weeks ago. It was more intense in a sundog form. I am pretty sure these are different from the earthquake clouds and have something to do with the unusual weather this spring but hey, I'm no expert.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It doesn't look rainbow colored to me sorry. I just see blue and white.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Arnt those type of clouds usually spotted before an earthquake?

No. No more than usual anyway. There is no evidence for link between displays like the one seen from Sichuan Province, China (if that's the event you mean?) and earthquakes. In that case it was probably a coincidence. I explained why here.

Also, it's unclear from the OP's photo if the colourful cloud is a circumhorizon arc, although it might be. It could also be just plain iridescence, or another kind of arc/halo fragment.

It would be useful if the OP could tell us the time and location of the display, which would either confirm or disprove weather a circumhorizon arc was possible at the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just saw one 35 minutes ago in Bennington VT. Took pics. It did happen.

Considering making it my avatar pic.

top topics

join