It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is pretty much like an ice cream shop..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Now I didn't know whether or not to name this thread what I did or "how to get stars and flags on ATS apparently".

Now this is not a rant or anything lol this is only from my observation of the threads on ats.

What I have noticed is ATS like an icecream shop has a flavor of the month.
For instance for the month of march it was the whole 188 day earthquake whatever. Supposed to be devastating and you know the jazz.

This site also has weekly flavors. One week its Kony, the next earthquakes, and then Zimmerman.

Another example is the whole Ron Paul fad, not a very hot topic right now but sometimes it is.

When there's a Ron Paul fad going there is always that one guy who makes a thread supporting Obama that goes mainstream.

Then ATS also has the nuts
to top it all off.

Sorry for bad grammar, I just got off a long shift and I never was good in English class
. Only math and science.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Mega lottery....Flavor of the week.....

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Best part is, everyone talks about how bad the rich are on this site and half of them probably have lottery tickets in their wallet right now with their fingers crossed.

Yes I feel the lottery will be the weekly flavor, or atleast something regurgitated from the MSM.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seems to follow a pretty predictable and natural trend.

New story, new knowledge so threads pop up to inform -> people form opinions on this info so threads pop up to share the opinion -> everyone has an opinion so it gets beaten to death -> new story... cont.

New and unknown ideas->owning the idea->expressing the idea->repeat.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's Trending Topics, that's what you get on a social network site, even conspiracy sites.

Come the Election, this will become flavour of the month. If there is a natural disaster tomorrow, then that will become flavour of the month.!! It's the way these things roll!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
its kinda like a forum

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yea I know what you mean... I can usually predict what threads are going are going to be put up because most the posters are posting things that are hot in the main stream media, or second hand from another conspiracy site.

I wish it was a little more diverse and maybe a little more scientific, but if we ain't got no new content to post...well, we ain't got no new content to post.

As some one said yesterday its now user content only, would be nice to see the admins post something different to spice it up a bit....

Wish I could find something worthy to post, I do try my best, by digging into Gov sites and the invisible web...but I haven't struck gold yet....some of the more well known posters have been quiet too...

Maybe we've uncovered everything there is so far?

LOL I was a little pissed at Springer yesterday for moving my first music thread to the trash, he said it had been posted previously, I know it had, 3 times, but the threads were absolutely wan*k
Had no decent content and were brushed under the carpet...so he trashed my thread that was clearly the most constructive one out there...

Wish he'd trash these bloody Zimmeran threads, there's about 30 of them!!
edit on 30-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

You're exactly right lol, and both sides of who is arguing throws "Deny Ignorance" at each other in order to make their point sound more significant.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ATS is more like an ice cream then an ice cream shop.

Sprinkled with nuts

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Yea I know what you mean... I can usually predict what threads are going are going to be put up because most the posters are posting things that are hot in the main stream media, or second hand from another conspiracy site.

I wish it was a little more diverse and maybe a little more scientific, but if we ain't got no new content to post...well, we ain't got no new content to post.

As some one said yesterday its now user content only, would be nice to see the admins post something different to spice it up a bit....

Wish I could find something worthy to post, I do try my best, by digging into Gov sites and the invisible web...but I haven't struck gold yet....some of the more well known posters have been quiet too...

Maybe we've uncovered everything there is so far?

We've already gone into rerun season........

Des

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hell this may be a conspiracy site but that doesn't mean you have to post pure conspiracy ^^. Ask yourself what do you like? What is something you're interested in and research it and explain it simply to people. That's what this site needs.

For instance that guy who smelted down silver.. That was a good thread, very informational.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

edit on 30-3-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Originally posted by davespanners
ATS is more like an ice cream then an ice cream shop.

Sprinkled with nuts

Heyy who sprinkled me on these ice-cream ?

I'm here to post replies, not sprinkled over food.

edit on 30-3-2012 by NullVoid because: i love almonds

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by MeesterB

You're exactly right lol, and both sides of who is arguing throws "Deny Ignorance" at each other in order to make their point sound more significant.

And there lies the reason why things get beaten to death and people get sick of hearing about trayvon this, elenin that. Most of the time it devolves into name calling and self-righteousness so the discussion is fruitless. I find myself overlooking people replying to other people when they argue their point on a contentious issue because it's time wasted. Id rather just read people's opinions and maybe a rebuttal. Not a constant browbeating of "im right. therefore, you are a shill"

The glory of a the internet is that I can choose to not read the things that irritate me. Most people can't, so I see a rant every other day about how people should post and such.

Been dying to say that but couldnt bring myself to make a rant for fear of being that person that I criticize. ah well...

top topics

join