It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindset of a worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So we all want to use things, we want to eat, wear, use. Food, clothes, cars, computers, iphones, cellphones...

And everything we like and need is done by the work of a lot of people.

So if you are fed up with this, the bankers, the funny money, all the bad things other people do, that must not be an excuse to stop doing something of value to other people. We must deserve things by doing something of value in return.

We must be useful.

If you don't agree but you still use things made by the work of others, you are becoming an exploiter of all the people that worked so that you can eat, wear, use etc. You are not better than all the banksters that exploit the working class....

So get up, and be useful to society, do something of value to others, go help people, be useful to other people.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
why are you going on a rampage across the board about what people do for a living.

I have a computer. It has internet. Do i need it? No.

I *am* building a website and could do things with that but I have more pressing matters on the mind.
I also like to search the news and do other research. I nearly consider that a need because in this society, you need to keep abreast. However, in SOME situations... that I would find much more "real" and appealing then crap I get surrounded with.. I would hardly ever even think about computers.

we only use this much oil because we run around like rats trying to get places when we should be growing food more local to us and not doing near as much traveling. always being connected to the world is great and is important for communication but wouldn't it be finer to go even further and learn more efficient communication within your own abilities rather than the dumbed down watered down TV version of "how to"

It is all situational. You do realize that this living situation you speak so fondly of is actually making SOME people physically ill. I could keep going.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

It is a simple mindset, if you want stuff made from other people effort, you must also do something of value in return.

Do you agree with this? It is very simple, really.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

It is a simple mindset, if you want stuff made from other people effort, you must also do something of value in return.

Do you agree with this? It is very simple, really.

first of all... why is what i do of any form of gain or value anyone's business unless it's illegal and why do you care?

I highly doubt you are going to get very many replies like "no, I want everything for free just handed to me on a platter" but yet you feel the need to make this thread and probe into the issue.

because you are trying to relate it to something and it's not working in my opinion.

seriously, are you trying to make a point or something... because i'm afraid it's slipping.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
why are you going on a rampage across the board about what people do for a living.

What rampage?
The idea here to discuss is simple.
To deserve using value stuff made by other people, we must also be willing to do something of value to others.

We must want to do things of value, the will is important, because sometimes we cant.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

If you don't agree, no problem, but do you have an opinion on this?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

What rampage?
The idea here to discuss is simple.
To deserve using value stuff made by other people, we must also be willing to do something of value to others.

We must want to do things of value, the will is important, because sometimes we cant.

what are we?

a bunch of kindergartners?

Don't we learn this stuff on sesame street?

Do you really think someone is going to come in here like "oh no... I'll think I'll just sit here and order from the menu of life"

The people who know not the VALUE of LABOR have salaries for doing NOTHING that are too big and keep them from cluing themselves in on that fact.

(but here's a hint... they think that is working...so really, which choir are you preaching to?)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Did you read all the thread?

I even talked about banksters as people that don't do anything of real value...

I think you are mad at me but why?

I just put on some ideas to discuss.

You don't like this thread? Go away then.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Did you read all the thread?

I even talked about banksters as people that don't do anything of real value...

I think you are mad at me but why?

I just put on some ideas to discuss.

You don't like this thread? Go away then.

I just want you to state your true objective. One has to wonder when you were in another thread telling the op that he didn't want to work, when he didn't seem to say that... then you make a thread about it like you are expecting a lot of ado over something that is very obvious to most people especially the blue collar crowd who are sick of how the corporate world has treated and it is THEM you seem to be preaching at for being unhappy about being corporate slaves.

there, that's my opinion.

and NOW after having given my opinion of this thread, i will attempt to leave because of all things i think could be important on this site, it isn't condemnation at an already deeply struggling labor force because someone wanted to hold a corporate pep rally.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Mankind is retarded socially speaking. We don't do really different things than 2000 years ago, or more. There's no intelligent cooperation between humans. We work for ourselves, we do things for ourselves, yet we pretend we want to live in groups, in cities, etc.. All that productivity gained since 100 or 150 years has had little impact on society and how people work. We are actually slaves, we are experimenting modern slavery. We need to cooperate, and only ideologies hold us back. We can send robots into outer space, or we are able to study quantum particles and we speak of quantum teleportation, yet on all social activities we behave like blind chimpanzees : politics, economics, religion etc.. Our science and technology has far exceeded our humanity. Our societies today are filled with technology yet very few people understand how all of this work, mainly because they are busy in their slave-job trying to survive, kept busy with salve-work and entertained with hypnotizing brainless media. The free-market ideology is for chimpanzees, instead of cooperating we consciously chose to use a system that makes everyone else your enemy, yet we think we are advanced, civilised, sophisticated, scientific, but we are not, we are retarded.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Thanks for your sincere opinion.
That´s what you need to do, give your opinion, i respect it.
My intention with this thread was to give motivation to work as i had problems with motivation myself.
To be useful is good, i think you are overacting.
i was not judging i was giving my opinion about something, can you respect it?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Thanks for your sincere opinion.
That´s what you need to do, give your opinion, i respect it.
My intention with this thread was to give motivation to work as i had problems with motivation myself.
To be useful is good, i think you are overacting.
i was not judging i was giving my opinion about something, can you respect it?

I'm not sure, you say I'm over reacting and i don't think people react enough to how they use, abuse, make people sick, kill etc etc other people who are not sitting in the oh so terribly uncomfortable cushy office chairs reading their emails. No, those people are over there being forced to spin the wheel at the perpetual loser table. People who have not seen or experienced first hand the way a bigger entity of any kind can keep it's grip on people crushing their lives in so many different forms tend to think that any anger directed to what sounds like a heavily replayed anthem for being a good little soldier is an over reaction.

seriously, if I was really over reacting... I would just go let someone hire me to shoot other people since those jobs A) seem more plentiful, easier to get and keep and B) at certain times of aggravation it seems damn near easier to think about then trying to cope with being all butt kissy and suck up to all the fakes on the plastic side of society who have their own sadistic natures and cruelties they do to each other in so many ways... to jump through the hoops into THAT world.

What I like to do, is make people pay for the crap they should be paying for. Hell, that type of work is so rewarding to me I do it for free. I'm not talking about credit card bills either. I'm talking about poetic justice.
I will even go without if I have to, to an extent to get some of the only satisfaction that can appease me so don't bother dangling shiny plastic things in front of me... because no matter how much you like the system, it's crumbling and people are going to get hurt over those random disassociated what-nots and what-have-yous that people need to feel comfortable.
edit on 30-3-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The system has a lot of failures.
I know that. I know that this wild capitalism society has a lot to be improved.
There is a lot of injustices. People working hard and not being enough paid. People that cant even work.
There is slavery because there are those that do nothing of value but they have the power to put others working for them while living rich lives.
I know about that. But we still have to make something of value.
Should we let our arms fall?
Of course not. There is a lot to do to improve this system. If we don't have the will and the motivation to do useful stuff, it will not improve at all.
This thread is about creating value to yourself and to others.
Is it wrong?

edit on 30-3-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

It can be stupid and wrong if what you "create" just serves to reinforce the current failed system and its "justification" in the eyes of others.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

You have to do valuable actions.

Example: If you are cooking a delicious food for someone to eat in your restaurant, is that something that feeds this horrible system?

Example: When you are taking care of a wounded person (if you are a doctor or a nurse for ex) are you feeding this horrible system?

There are tons of examples.

Choose something of value and go do it.

Is this so complicated?

top topics

join