It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Read...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've had this book sitting on my shelf for some time. It's called Freemasonry & its Ancient Mystic Rites. I've just begun to read it; I'm in the first chapter. It's discussing the various schools that exist in Freemasonry. Schools not in the sense of actual school but 4 departments of knowledge. The four are The Authentic, The Anthropological, Mystical, & the Occult school. The first chapter seems to summarize these different areas of knowledge that is taught within Freemasonry.

"The student of occultism, therefore, learns to awaken & train for scientific use the powers latent with him, & by their means he is able to see far more the real meaning of life than the man whose vision is limited by the physical senses. He learns that man is essence divine, a veritable spark of God's fire, gradually evolving towards a future of glory & splendor culminating in union with God;"

Is this what Luciferians teach? I found this quote interesting none the less.

"He learns, too that the world is ruled , under the will of T.M.H., by a Brotherhood of Adepts, who have Themselves attained divine union, but remain on earth to guide humanity; that all the great religions of the world were founded by Them, according to the needs of the races for which they were intended, & that within these religions there have been schools of Mysteries to offer to those who are ready a swifter path of unfoldment"

What does TMH stand for & is this brotherhood of Adepts the Masons?

[edit on 23-9-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is this the one by C.W. Leadbeater?

-----------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 23-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If that is the one by Leadbeater your better off using it as kindeling for your fireplace . I wrote a thread on that book a while back after reading it , trying to find out if i was the only one who thought the book was horrible and the author a kook............. i wasnt.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That would be it..............................

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Really? How so? What information do you have that disproves this person's claims? He was a 33 degree mason wasn't he? I picked it up a while back thinking it was a pro-mason book because I like to hear both sides of the story.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
He mixes fact with fantasy claiming freemasonry originated in Atlantis and from the Egyptian mystery schools. Not backing any of this with facts but rather with clairvoyance.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I will have to read the entire book to be able to respond. Give me a few hours or so.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've never read anything by Leadbetter; some of his books are still in print, but he is generally ignored by modern Masonic researchers. Nevertheless, I'll take a gander at it, and try to answer:

Originally posted by oconnection
"The student of occultism, therefore, learns to awaken & train for scientific use the powers latent with him, & by their means he is able to see far more the real meaning of life than the man whose vision is limited by the physical senses. He learns that man is essence divine, a veritable spark of God's fire, gradually evolving towards a future of glory & splendor culminating in union with God;"

Is this what Luciferians teach?

To be honest, I don't think there are any such thing as Luciferians...the only time I've ever heard this word used is by anti-Masons on the Internet. The followers of St. Lucifer, a medieval Catholic priest who opposed some of the doctrines of St. Jerome, called themselves "Luciferians", but of course the word meant something far different than is often used on this forum.

The quote above from Leadbetter would be an example of what mystics teach, be they Christians, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Kabalists, or Sufis.

What does TMH stand for & is this brotherhood of Adepts the Masons?

I've never seen that expression (TMH) before...I assume it means "The Most High", but that's just a guess.
"Adept" is an expression used to describe a spiritually evolved and enlightened person, and is actually derived from the Latin word (Adeptus) that is a translations of the Sanskrit word "mahatma", or "great soul". It is not necessary to be a Mason in order to become an Adept, nor are all Masons Adepts. Perhaps it could be said that Masonry is one of many schools of Adeptship, but joining the Masons certainly doesn't guarantee that one will become Adeptus.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"Luciferian" is also used by certain Trinitarian scholars (such as the late R.P.C. Hanson) to refer to followers of Lucifer of Calaris, a bishop who was basically a rabidly orthodox lunatic (trinitarian orthodoxy, although Lucifer never made much sense.) He was a madman, who attracted other madmen, and that's about it. No satanism or occult practices, just aot of screaming and foaming at the mouth, calling everyone in sight an Arian (not "Aryan.")

Not surprsing that he threw in with Athanasius of Alexandria - not a luatic, but an Orthodox gangster of the worst kind.

top topics

join