It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamland Reality (CWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Today reality shook me to my core.

The morning started with a blaze of gorgeous sunlight peeking through my window. I stretched until my toes peeked out at me from under the blanket. "Ready for a busy day!", I said to myself. My cat was still asleep and didn't bother to wake up for my little declaration. She couldn't care less.

I smiled, got up and headed to the shower.

About an hour later I was caught up in rush hour traffic. At this time of the morning, it was always a mess. Like hundreds of others, I was working my way to the college campus. After years of working for others, I was finally trying to gain the knowledge to work for myself. Doing pretty well at it too.

My day went smoothly, nothing unusual. I was sitting at the outdoor snack bar at the student union, having a bite of dinner before my evening class, when I felt the hair rise on the back of my neck. I looked around at the other people around me, no one was looking my way. No one was excited. Nothing unusual. Then I glanced up into the early evening sky.

There was one oddly shaped cloud just hanging in the middle of the sky. It wasn't moving right, or left. It didn't dissipate. It didn't grow. It just sat there. It also triggered a memory. One from the year I turned 14. I thought of that time as my "Dreamland Era".

I laughed out loud, drawing the attention of two coeds who were startled by my laugh for only a second and then picked up their own conversation again. How could they know I was remembering a time of my life when my whole world was changed by my dream obsession.

When I was 12 years old, I almost died. I was so sick with a fever, the doctor's feared I would die. In fact, my heart stopped at one point after I had a febrile seizure. Obviously, I recovered, but I wasn't exactly unscathed. I had acquired some rather odd abilities. I seemed to be just slightly psychic. I hesitate to use that word, but I can't think of any other that applies. I just seemed to know what people were thinking, when they would call or suddenly arrive. It was so spot on, that I freaked people out, until I quit talking about it.

But that wasn't the memory brought forth by the cloud. It was what happened shortly after I turned 14 that made the hair rise on my neck. My "Dreamland". For a whole year, 2 or 3 times a week I had a recurring dream. Or I should say, two recurring dreams. They alternated, but sometimes I would have both of them in the same night. It became so bad, I started telling my Mom about them. She didn't scoff at me, she heard me out, and we discussed what happened, over and over, until the dreams stopped when I turned 15.

In essence, both dreams centered on the same subject, but were completely different. They were about aliens, of the off earth kind.

The first always started in the same way. A sky at dusk, with one large odd cloud. Nothing seemingly out of sorts except for a star that seemed to be getting larger and brighter with each passing second. I was so captivated by the sight, that I just stood there, watching. Until a chill of dread hit me in the pit of my stomach. no reason, just unbridled dread. I feared that light.

As soon as I realized I was afraid, the light went from bright white to a multi-colored geometric shape. It began rotating as it became larger in the sky. As this occurred, my thoughts turned toward my next action, running. Before I took one step, however, the lights broke apart, separated into dozens of dots above me. Then people started screaming and running. I was one of them. That is when I usually woke up from this dream, drenched in sweat.

The second dream, started weeks after the first dream. It seemed like one of my typical teenage dreams, some theme that seems to occupy a lot of kids. In the dream, I was eating the best tuna sandwich I had ever had, anticipating that juicy, sweet pickle beside it, when I heard people start to chatter. Not a normal conversation voice, an excited, "would you look at that", voice. I looked up, into the sky, and I saw that cloud. I stood up, as I saw the geometric colors come from behind the cloud, I was about to scream, "Run! Hide! They are coming!", when a voice in my head called my name.

"Violet" I turned, looking to see who had spoken. No one was looking at me. They were doing what I had just thought. They were running. Everyone was exiting the pavillion. Everyone except the very tall, very muscular, blond haired man standing just in the shadows between the student union and the library. He was too far away to have spoken to me.

"Violet, come with me and you will be safe. Hurry, they are almost here!" His lips never moved. I had been terrified. But I was enveloped, at that moment, with a complete sense of calm and well being. I glanced at those who were running. "Now, Violet. They are here."

At that, I heard people at the other end of the pavillion start screaming as a strange pulsing sound began. Between the buildings, I saw hovercraft moving swiftly back and forth, firing some sort of light weapon. The people who were touched by the light, literally disappeared. Nothing left behind. My feet were already running in the direction of the blond man. He touched my arm...and I blinked.

I was in a bright white room. It felt familiar. I don't know how, or why, but I felt like I had been there before.

The man dropped his hand to his side and the voice in my head began again. "I am sorry I was delayed. They traveled sooner that we expected. Unfortunately, there will be many losses. I am glad you are not one of them."

"Uh, thank you but...", I said aloud.

"You do not have to speak out loud, Violet, don't you remember?"

Yes I was beginning to remember...

In reality, I looked down at the tuna sandwich I had just started eating. The juicy, pickle glimmered in the fading daylight. I didn't look at the sky. I didn't look as the people began to chatter. I stood up and yelled, "RUN! HIDE! THEY ARE COMING!". And I started running to the shadows between the student union and the library. I was almost there, when blondie appeared, out of clear air.

I glanced over my shoulder, Hardly anyone was left in the pavillion. Those I saw were scuttling into buildings. Just as the pulsing sound began on the far side of the buildings.

"Is there anything we can do?", I thought.

"We are doing what we can, Violet". He touched my arm, and I blinked. When I opened my eyes, I continued.

"What about those people?"

"We will do what we can, they arrived much sooner than we expected. You are safe, that is what matters."

I heard another voice, clearly, "All marked subjects have been removed from the surface. Commence Peacekeeping."

"I must go now, Violet. I will return when I can. Remember all I told you before. We will save as many as we can from the harvesters, but they have a head start. We may loose millions this time. We will do our best."

"Thank you." I thought to empty space.

Then the memories started flooding into my mind. The reptilian race had returned to our part of the universe, a little early. They weren't supposed to come until December, 2012. It was only a warm, March 31st, 2012 evening. The protectors hadn't been here yet, because "they" were early.

We, the marked ones, were secure, as planned. Mankind would survive. I had doubted in fear, but I always knew we would. This was my "Dreamland Reality".

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I hope the Peacekeeping efforts go better then the "visitors" in my story !

I find it Ironic,that in most of the story's that have been shared,its either a welcoming to some extent,or its the shivers we would dread. A few story's though,have a great blend of comedic overtones.

S&F....

I loved it.
edit on 29-3-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you. I literally just noticed the CWC thread tonite.

Now I have some catching up to do with my reading.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

at first i was like what is CWC and then i was like OH WRITING CONTEST (what is the first C ? )

good job lol, a nice mix of war of the worlds (tom cruise) and that one movie with this guy in it. (nicholas cage) www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Contact Writing Contest (CWC).

This was great. Loved the style of writing, a few overtones of Knowing with Nicolas Cage.

S & F and good hunting

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Glad you enjoyed the story. As in everything in life, I figured first contact with aliens would have the bitter and the sweet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I appreciate that you enjoyed the story. I thought Violet one up-ing the alien by "knowing" in advance was humorous in a way. All their technology and yet... lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
dreamland is no long a reality it exists in china in their secret location in ling

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thebarbecuemaster

Now that is a scary prospect. I am not sure how I feel about that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Very well done, so you get a flag.

I liked the subtle hint of mystery, a solid storyline, and the way you wrapped it all up in a satisfying conclusion.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you, Druid42. It really does mean a lot that you appreciated my story.

top topics

join