It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is expanding just like the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have seen this video on the net a few times and it has really boggled my mind for quite some time.
It wasn't until I heard that everything in the universe is moving further apart from one another at the same time. Eventually there will be no stars in the sky even our own Sun will appear bright as Pluto (or ice chucnko) and then gone...

So everything is moving apart including the continents on the Earth. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it. It also is kinda scary too. This is perhaps why scientists can't predict earthquakes so well. I always thought that if you scanned the tectonic plates for rough spots and you calculated where they would go under another plate you mights be able to predict when and exactly where one may occur.

I am totally convinced.

Yes! The Earth is Expanding. Part 1 of 14.

But why then do earthquakes happen? I am still searching for that answer.
edit on 29-3-2012 by samlf3rd because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by samlf3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Your notion is misconceived. Galaxies move apart from one another as space expands, but those gravitationally locked do not e xpand from one another in their own little cluster. If the earth was expanding so would our distance from our sun and the sun would be, and Jupiter, Saturn, the kuiper belt, eveything. This would cause our reletive view of the universe at a constant and would mask the expansion of the universe itself. Read a book.

Eta: expanding earth isn't unheard of, there is a relative expansion and contraction as more ore less crust is present, global internal temps could cause fluctuations, if earth was expanding as the universe is then it wouldn't exist, galaxies wouldn't exist, the "ether" would be uniform. Remember gravity does exist.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Read a book what a D.A.

So you have it all figured out? Nice. Sounds like your evidence is greater than what I presented!

I don't see why this isn't plausible. It's the same concept that time and mass increase from within...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

...theory about expanding universe is maybe not 100% right, did U see this?
The Big Bang Never Happened Part 1
www.youtube.com...

... but Earth is Expanding theory have sense, small planet=low gravity = all grow BIG (plants, animals, insects)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am curious... How does the hypothesis that the Earth is expanding mesh, correlate, or figure into the fact that the sky is literally falling, as has been confirmed by science?

www.krqe.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
well, I could go for it, sure. But only because I know 100% that 100% in my life 100% of it will not rely even 0.0000001% on any factual support for anything being askew in any direction that leads the observer towards any of it having been caused, influenced or pondered by any considerable fact that the earth has expanded in correlation with the rest of the universe.

What?

Umm, ok, everything is getting bigger, per the expanding universe theory. The distance between everything is growing - but yet the distance between all things atomic, remains. This doesn't work, in reality. Not really anyway. If it did, then instead of the earth getting bigger, we would have rings of atomic soup where everything had lost covalence to simply being ... atomic soup.

If everything is expanding, then everything must also be stretching. Or large physics impinges on small physics law and we end up lost trying to work out just which was was up afterall.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Read a book what a D.A.

So you have it all figured out? Nice. Sounds like your evidence is greater than what I presented!

I don't see why this isn't plausible. It's the same concept that time and mass increase from within...

It isn't plausible because of gravity. Have you ever seen anything get sucked toward the ground. That force is gravity. It holds our planet together, it holds our planet in orbit, it holds all objects together on a macro scale. As ones scales down the stronger forces become electromagnetism. Read, The Grand design by Steven hawking, the black whole war, any physics book. Yes, the earth expands and contracts, as does everyhing else, it does not, however, expand at the same rate as the universe. Everyhing is not expanding from everything, of this was so planets would not have ever formed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

electricity is stronger by a magnitude of 10 to the power of 37 time gravity.Black holes are impossible pathoscience based on theortical pseudophysics.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

That's the electric universe theory right? Any good resources for reading about that ? I don't know much about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to

Everyhing is not expanding from everything, of this was so planets would not have ever formed.
post by DarkSarcasm

Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, which established the relationship between matter, space, time and gravity, governs modern cosmology's view of the universe.
But when Einstein began to apply his theory to the structure of the universe, he was dismayed to find that it predicted either an expanding or contracting universe--something entirely incompatible with the prevailing notion of a static universe.
In what he would later call "the greatest blunder of my life," Einstein added a term called the cosmological constant to his equations that would make his calculations consistent with a static universe.
Einstein admitted his mistake in 1929 when Edwin Hubble showed that distant galaxies were, indeed, receding from the earth, and the further away they were,the faster they were moving. That discovery changed cosmology.
source
Many other sources, just type "expanding universe" into any search engine.

Expanding universe theory says that galaxies are moving away from each other, not planets away from their suns.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The plates are moving away from each other, yes. But it doesn't stop there. They are also subducting (one being shoved under the other). There is also upwelling, which is adding new material.

The mid-Atlantic ridge is a well documented area where new material is upwelling, helping push plates apart. Go further west and you have Cascadia subduction zone, where one plate is sliding under another.

So for all the material that is coming out from inside the earth, you have just as much going back down. It balances out.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This cycle of creation/ destruction, as the earth is shuffling material upwards and pushing it down wards could explain some very deep time objects found in coal mines and other places around the globe.....
ould explain Atlantis, and even the great Mu of far antiquity.
There are tomgraphy pictures of giant artifacts deep inside the earth as well, rumoured to exist....in some oil company vaults or other secret places.
Earths history may be that of a four billion year recycling of material into and up out of the core....
Haarplike instruments of 30 or so watts can see into the ground and spot things such as oil or minerals....
What Haarp can see down there must be interesting as well as the atmospheric experiments.....
Do you think they have used it for this purpose?
I am sure they have used this feature in military applications somehow as well.
earthquakes being possible....
Could particles like gamma rays or neutrons, or other sun created and cosmic radiations collide within the earths deeps and create new matter through fusion or some such process?
This i think is possibly one cause not associated with expanding earth....ie.( where does the extra material come from for the expansion?)
Gps is also probably going to solve or create more mystery around the expansion theory as the gps stations around the world multiply....
sooner or later the satelite web will be so precise that very many decimal places of calculations will be easily compared by better computers and in real time even....
We will find out much more about this in the near future.......things do seem to be comming to a head cosmologically for a change....
Cern may supply needed answers soon too.....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
S & F - I enjoyed the videos. I'm not gonna comment on whether its plausible or not because I just don't know that much about it to come to a definitive answer on it, but either way I enjoyed them.

I do favor the Gaia hypothesis, and if Earth was a living thing- it would certainly grow.. wouldn't it?

OP thought you might enjoy this thread

Earth is a self-aware living creature

edit on 30-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: url fixed

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The expanding Earth theory does explain a lot more of what we are seeing, but the problem is, no one can explain for sure what is causing this expansion, if it is indeed happening.

I thought his energy to matter theory for the explanation of what is going on was pretty interesting.

If you look at the core of Mercury, and the activity of that planet, and then look at Venus, there are similarities that support the expanding Earth theory as well.

It is more proof of how little we know about the physical nature of our world.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The only thing that keeps me interested in the expanding earth theory, is that dinosaurs couldn't have existed under our current gravity. A smaller earth is the only theory that makes any sense for less gravity. I wish they would talk about that more in the videos posted (that I've seen so far anyways)

OP, your thread might have been a little more successful if you didn't equate the universe expanding and the earth expanding.. They are two separate animals.

S&F anyways.

join