It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Heinz Kerry- 'Osama could be caught before election'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
John Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, stated a speculation most conspiracy websites have been talking about for the last year. Many have claimed, and predicted that Al-Qaeda Chief, Osam Bin Laden, would be captured leading into election day.

phoenix.bizjournals.com
In regard to the hunt for terror leader Osama Bin Laden, Heinz Kerry said she could see the al-Qaida chief being caught before the November election.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month," said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States and allied forces before election day.

The spouse of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry also hit President Bush on Iraq, saying it should not be equated with anti-terrorism efforts and that the current administration chose to create a "hotbed for terrorism" in Iraq when dictator Saddam Hussein did not pose an immediate threat. Heinz Kerry also said she agrees with her husband that a military draft may be reinstated under Bush.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Has Mrs. Kerry been reading ATS?
, I wonder A) what she could know, or B) is this grasping at straws. The 'Memogate' controversy seems to have some effect on unsure voters. This could be a preemtive counter punch from the Kerry camp which could turn out to be disastrous. I believe it is safe to say that most think OBL would show up for election, it would be the icing on Bush's cake. I believe that would 'give' him the election. If this does happen, I'll ask the first question now. "How long ago was he captured, and why wait untill now, or is it just one of those strange coincidences?" This will be flying all over the internet. On the flip-side, OBL does not show up, I see this as being the Final Nail in Kerry's Presidential coffin.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well apparently she is not visiting ATS because she would not have repeated her husbands ignorant and outlandish lie claiming Bush would re-institute the draft.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS: all this may be desperation, the latest CBS poll among likely voters, 51-42 Bush

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah but if we vote for Kerry, we will have another terroist attack on American Soil, It's going both ways....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Yeah but if we vote for Kerry, we will have another terroist attack on American Soil, It's going both ways....

Yes it is going both ways but with a big difference - one side uses outright lies while the other uses plausible possibilities.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month,"

On the flip-side, OBL does not show up, I see this as being the Final Nail in Kerry's Presidential coffin.

I can see why you would conclude this-- because the general "joe sixpack and sally soccermom"public seems to interpret speculation as factual assertion, especially when they're preoccupied with the upcoming middle-class bribe (I mean, tax cuts). You might be right about the reaction to her statement though! This may be the reason why she phrased the statement so carefully- it doesn't sound like a prediction, nor will it read like one when it is quoted in late October/November.

In the most dramatic scenario, I can see the Bush team carting out Bin Laden and hailing a "Mission Accomplished" scenario playing out on another battleship, while the Kerrys go public: "See, we told you in advance". Thus the country would be exposed to an even more dramatic skull & bones selection process.

Both the Bush and Kerry campaigns have done an excellent job (thus far) turning "Election: 2004" into "Election: Vietnam War". Its nice to finally have one of them mention the "9/11 mastermind". Now it is time for the Bush team to respond. Will Cheney issue another veiled threat?

MK

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Yes it is going both ways but with a big difference - one side uses outright lies while the other uses plausible possibilities.

With problems in Iran, and talk about attacking them, the NutJob in North Korea, China possibily invading Taiwann, Syria and their support of terrorists, the US Military is stretched thin as it is, the Reserves and the National Guard are just about tapped out. I do not think that it is that far off that a 'Draft' would be instated under George Bush. His biggest push in this election is not the economy, health care, the environment, it is defending the US against terror, and that means going to them instead of waiting for them to come to us. How will we do this without a draft. There are too many people asking for our troops to come home as it is, they will not be quick to sign up.

I just want to bring up Janurary 6th 2004, about 40 convoys rolled into Northern Iran and captured a HVT. This news went underground really quick, we have not heard from OBL since before last Christmas, and even that tape may have been off of a previous recording.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
With all the crazy crap that can happen in an instance in the world today, i'd rather have bush in the house rather than Queen Heinz and o'l botox. Now lets get one thing straight, i been hearing about the whole draft thing all over now, hell even in school! Teachers have been preaching it to us. (illeagal yes). First of all, we have MANY troops right now, we dont need a draft at this moment...but lets say that sooner or later Taiwan or South Korea gets nukes, wiped out by the damn commies, what oyu gonna do then??? That nuke would've taken out how many? 50,000 US troopers? In that instance, you WOULD need the draft, how the hell could any of you NOT want it if that happened???

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Are you people listening to yourselves?

If kerry gets elected, what evidence do you have that we'll have another terrorist attack? The only thing that the Bush administration has done different than the Clinton administration was that they are louder about homeland security, and give it colors! Let's look at the score: Major terror attacks on US soil during Clinton's 2 terms: 0. Major terror attack on US soil during the Bush family's 2 terms combined: 2.

Something afoot with the republican party?

As for 'commies', are you really so blind to think that just because someone believes in class equality that they are somehow less than a person? why do you think this? Obviously you grew up during the cold war...well, let me enlighten you. All that stuff you heard about those 'Reds' was propaganda, which instilled in you the same sort of panic that Bush is attempting to instill, so that the ones spouting the propaganda stay in power, because they've made you ignorant to the fact that there's not a serious threat.

You want to end terror attacks? Stop backing poor and desperate countries into corners. It gets as ugly as doing the same with a Pit Bull.

Just...smarten up, people.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If kerry gets elected, what evidence do you have that we'll have another terrorist attack?

Good question! The evidence is that "our" own vice president warned us, just this month. Since he appears to be in a higher position of intelligence than the common citizens, how would we know if he is lying?

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney on Tuesday warned Americans about voting for Democratic Sen. John Kerry, saying that if the nation makes the wrong choice on Election Day it faces the threat of another terrorist attack.

The Kerry-Edwards campaign immediately rejected those comments as "scare tactics" that crossed the line.

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States," Cheney told about 350 supporters at a town-hall meeting in this Iowa city.

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

If kerry gets elected, what evidence do you have that we'll have another terrorist attack?

Hey Dick Cheney said this not me

This election is nothing but "Fear and Smear", OK thats it from now on the whole world will refer to this election as the "Fear and Smear" election, this I command

Seriously though, both sides are spewing crap (IMHO).

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Good question! The evidence is that "our" own vice president warned us, just this month. Since he appears to be in a higher position of intelligence than the common citizens, how would we know if he is lying?

Don't know if anyone else knows this but, Kerry receives the same intelligence briefings that Bush does, down to the last period.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
These comments were made while she was campaigning in Phoenix, AZ, correct?

Interestingly, today the Kerry campaign has decided to stop spending money on ads in Arizona. Their poll numbers there show that the state is solidly behind Bush.

Was Teresa Heinz Ketchup making a final desperate stab at gaining the support of Arizonians? Certainly sounds like the desperate wild stabs in the dark of someone who knows that can't do themselves any more harm to me.

But then again, I have said some of the same things... I just not running for office.

[edit on 9/23/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Let's look at the score: Major terror attacks on US soil during Clinton's 2 terms: 0. Major terror attack on US soil during the Bush family's 2 terms combined: 2.

Well you are missing two. WTC bombing number 1 and the Bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma. Also if you want to factor in the Olympics but that was a domestic terrorist. So you are completely incorrect in that statement.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
(the following text is Springer's OPINION and his OPINION ONLY... Do NOT misconstrue the following for FACT
)

The fact we are ALL being walked down the thornrose path. The difference between these "two candidates" os so infinitesimal (spelling?) that I hesitate at most points to distinguish between the two.

Looking at the reality of this election it occurs to me that we have a choice between what/who we KNOW and someone who would like, no LOVE, to impress upon us HIS version of "who he is".

For that reason alone I am struggling with whom I shall vote for. The shrub we know aint so great... The Kerry, that Kerry has TRIED to present has been turned into political cannon fodder at every juncture...

What is a semi successful, SUV driving, Father of FIVE, 40+ "direct report" P&L responsible employer, 13 hour a day workin' businessman supposed to do?!

Herein lies the issue, a vote for shrub is the status quo, a vote for Kerry is, ummmm, errrrr, a vote for WHAT exactly?! Someone who bull#s better than the other guy? Someone who REALLY does see the DIFFERENCE?! WHAT IS IT?

Answer that to the point it makes sense to my mind and I might even actually do something with it!

m...

[edit on 9-23-2004 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Lately I've been wondering something similar though less polite: Has ATSNN been appropriated by the FOX NEWS, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, ad nauseum, bunch of far right-wing nutters?

You want to end terror attacks? Stop backing poor and desperate countries into corners. It gets as ugly as doing the same with a Pit Bull.

That's in line with Michail Gorbachev announced today as stated in another ATSNN thread of this date. That's the most sensible and likely successful strategy anyone has suggested yet and it's so obvious that it's no wonder the right wingers can't see it. Israel is a prime example of this principle. It has been pushing ALL Palestinians, "good" and "bad", not just the "terrorists", into unbearable conditions, stealing their land, destroying their homes, destroying their orchards, farmland, and infrastructure, and killing and maiming their people for decades. What has been the result? How about trying to extend some humanity for once? You get back what you give. That's as true for nations as it is for individuals. The U.S. has been getting back a small measure of what it has been dishing out both directly and through its evil clandestine operations in support of politially powerful human monsters over the past century, and I fear there's much worse to come as we have dished out much worse than we've received.

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States," Cheney told about 350 supporters at a town-hall meeting in this Iowa city.

Cheney is a very clever sophist and propagandist. His verbal construct leads listeners to draw the assumption that this WILLL NOT happen if Bush is reelected. It's a clever but vacuous way of causing the lazy listener to think that we are safer if we vote for Bush. But Cheney does not assert in any direct way that we are safer under Bush. He just suggests that if we make the "wrong choice" (listener fill in the blank space with "Kerry") then we'll be in danger. I believe there will be less danger if Kerry is elected because he has the courage of his convictions. He can at least speak to an audience without the ever present cue cards and teleprompters. he can speak English and carry a thought for more than a minute under his own energy. He went to Vietnam, for God's sake, rather than hide here at home behind his father's policial influence. He exposed himself to personal danger, despite all the poo-pooing about whether he "really" earned his purple hearts and metals. He recognized the moral depravity of what the USA was doing in Vietnam and had the moral courage to protest after he returned, which was not necessarily a politically wise thing to do at the time. When did George Dubya Bush ever doing anything of that kind?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Lately I've been wondering something similar though less polite: Has ATSNN been appropriated by the FOX NEWS, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, ad nauseum, bunch of far right-wing nutters?

First, Nice contribution to this article

Second, I HATE FOX News....
I do not listen to, or trust one damn thing that comes from them.

And Yes Gorby, unlike most, used some plain old common sense in regards to the terrorist issue.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Jeez,

It's just a verbal preemptive strike..
That way Bush "loses" wether OBL is captured, or not.
Nothing more, nothing less.

If Kerry were to win the election, and OBL was captured 3 days later..Who gets credit for that?

Saddam was captured MONTHS ago..What did we hear then?
"PERFECT TIMING" for the Bush Admin...I have yet to hear what this timing was perfect for..

Any Bad news, is "good" news for the Dems this year..
Any GOOD news is:
SEE!? I told you, they TIMED this for the elections.

Thats all they have left...criticisms..no substance.

I am enjoying watching the USS Bleeding Heart, listing to the left, and slipping under the waves..

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I can't believe that some of you tried to single out FOX news and a number of the right wing media sources after this whole Dan Rather CBS scandal. The point here is... you can't freakin' trust the media whether they slant right or left. It seems that most of you lean in one direction or the other anyway and always make out the other side to be the bad guys lol. What about MSNBC, and CNN? They're liberal and throw out just as much garbage as everyone else.

I try to read through the garbage from both sides and see what few grains of truth I might be able to fish out, and I dream for the day when every man and woman may cease their slanting, find a good balance, and be trusted to govern themselves... LOL!

I say we get rid of the Presidency alltogether, make all senators and congressmen second-class citizens while in office, and make recieving ANY contributions of any kind from interest groups an act of TREASON! Our politicians need to be puppets of the common man and not puppets of the elite.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
All Teresa Kerry's critic's are scumbags!
That makes me a scumbag too!
We need her as First Lady like I need another hole in my head!
Somebody shoot me!
But not in the head!
She is right on one thing. Osama bin Laden's safety zone is collapsing on him. It's just a matter of days.

[edit on 24/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Saddam was captured MONTHS ago..What did we hear then?
"PERFECT TIMING" for the Bush Admin...I have yet to hear what this timing was perfect for..

In retrospect we only remember the widely publicized events, it seems. According to CNN:

U.S. soldiers captured Hussein in a raid on December 13, 2003, after the former Iraqi dictator spent nine months on the run.

www.cnn.com...

And here from CBSNews, just the day before:

WASHINGTON, Dec. 12, 2003
(AP) A Pentagon audit has found Vice President Dick Cheney's former company may have overcharged the Army by $1.09 per gallon for nearly 57 million gallons of gasoline delivered to citizens in Iraq, senior defense officials say.

Auditors found potential overcharges of up to $61 million for gasoline that a Halliburton subsidiary delivered as part of its no-bid contract to help rebuild Iraq's oil industry.

But the company apparently didn't profit from the discrepancy, according to officials who briefed reporters Thursday on condition of anonymity.

www.cbsnews.com...

The Prez. jumped into the fray too on Dec 12 2003:

President Bush, trying to calm a political storm, said Friday that Vice President Dick Cheney's former company should repay the government if it overcharged for gasoline delivered in Iraq under a controversial prewar contract.

"Think about what $61 million could buy for our troops in need rather than lining the pockets of Halliburton executives."
Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.

www.cbsnews.com...

Just a coincidence, nothing to worry about. In fact I'm already starting to forget...

MK

[edit on 24-9-2004 by MKULTRA]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join