It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict a riot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am not in the UK or the US.

I watched the news of a young man being shot by the police in the UK last year. The situation was not dealt with properly and speedily. Tensions built. All hell broke out and some of the worst riots ever seen broke out.

I am now seeing the exact same thing replaying in the US. A young man has been shot. The shooter has not been arrested or charged. Tensions are building. All hell is about to break loose.

I was not present when the young man got shot so I cannot make any judgement on what happened. However, I think if Zimmerman is not arrested , even if it is just to stall the growing outrage there will be riots in the U.S. within the week.

Its an absolute replica of the UK situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

we handle ourselves a litttttttttttttttttttttle bit differently

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I predict that the media will get off scot-free for their irresponsible handling of the case. Shame on them.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I say let them riot. I live in an area where there will probably be no riots. It would be interesting to see how a riot would be handled by the authorities in the larger cities. Let's see how these NDAA type laws will be implemented!

SC

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Do you? Please say how.

anyhow...

I predict nothing, I don't think the US will have riots over this but we shall see.

link   
Double post, sorry.
edit on 29/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 29-3-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

haha, that's the first thing I thought of too.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Its an absolute replica of the UK situation.

In Europe and the UK people riot whenever they feel like it because they are not afraid of the police. Particularly in the UK where not every officer walks around with a gun and an intent to use lethal force.

In the U.S. it's not the same.
edit on 3/29/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

How do you mean?

All those guns will spice any riot up a bit! I imagine the government would want to keep a lid on things for that reason. An angry and armed populace is not the best mix.

The UK riots were more oppertunistic looting by hoodies and students trying to stand for something and look cool IMO. It started with a shooting which was soon forgotten once the shop windows went in.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
of course there will be a riot, the media won't have it any other way.

you got the media trying to spin this beyond what it is

you have the black panthers actually getting attention and putting a wanted dead or alive bounty on his head

you have a congressman showing up wearing a hoodie, breaking dress code

And you have Jesse Jackson calling Zimmerman a wetback on national television.

yep a big pot of riot soup is brewing. In a slow cooker mind you but it's gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Watching all the coverage of this I am just seeing angry people getting more angry.

The social media is adding fuel to the whole fire exactly as it did in the UK.

Some sort of action needs to be taken immediately to try and get people to take a step back and breathe.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

yes but like another poster stated, in the UK we don't have blood thirsty cops all over the place with guns etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I predict a riot

I predict you are correct. But not in the next few weeks. It'll be July or August when it's really hot and tempers are short and people will be looking for any excuse to bust windows and light cars on fire. What you see now are people (the press and the politicians) stacking the firewood for the big summer bonfire that the sheeple will all attend ...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

we handle ourselves a litttttttttttttttttttttle bit differently

oh yea, it seems well under control.

you have a film director tweeting the supposed address of Zimmerman and it turns out to be a 70year old couples home who have to flee in fear for their lives.

This is spike lee tweeting an address. why would he do this. what signal is this to people??

Yea, look , this is the guys address , now what you gonna do about it guys......

It is all about to go off over there

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Yeah, that was evidenced shortly after the officers were cleared in the Rodney King fiasco.
I'm afraid I have to agree with OP. Don't feel this one is gonna blow over quite easily.

Add in Twitter, Facebook, and text messaging. Any small incident has the propensity to
spread much farther very quickly.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

you have a congressman showing up wearing a hoodie, breaking dress code

watching this from outside the US was really disturbing.

You had all the white folk in congress looking very uneasy. The whole imagery of this was really worrying. A real warning sign.

The media are also just showing us the poor dead kid and all he had was a bag of sweets.

the arab spring kicked off with a single incident of stall holder setting himself on fire.

A dead kid and a bag of skittles. Is this the start of the US spring????

(Folks who believe this is not possible because the US police are armed have clearly no idea how unstable society has become.
People have lost fear. They will not do what they are told anymore.
How many people are killed in Syria every day by their own police? How many were killed in Egypt?in Libya??Bahrain??? You just dont get it , do you?)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
When mark druggi dealer dugan was shot, the youths went wild within a few days, and it finished in a few days
Its been brewing for over a month in the us and and now you have prominent black figures stirring the pot regardles of the law stating zimmerman is inocent if they do riot the law should use all necessary force to put it to an end lets see how popular these peple are when they have thousands of dead rioters on there hands
would sort the weat from the chaff as it where
I just hope the Zimmerman has police protection
and spike lee should be locked up for inciting racial hatred.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You may be right. We do have at least one group of individuals that tends to riot, or threaten to riot, over their perception of social injustices. I don't have a problem with that, as it's normally their own communities that they destroy.

An armed police force has never been a deterrent in the past, so I have no reason to believe it will be now. Anyway, the possible rioters will be armed as well. They always have been.

See ya,
Milt

edit on 29-3-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Came across this story which can't really help the situation;

Trayvon Martin's Death 'An Assassination,' Killer Mike Says
'He was killed by a terrorist,' Atlanta MC declares on 'RapFix Live,' while Prodigy adds, '[Zimmerman] murdered that kid for no reason.'

www.mtv.com...

This is how the story is being covered by MTV which is viewed mostly by younger folk. The death is referred to as an assassination.

Nice way to stir up the angry mob.

Then even more disturbingly Zimmerman is refered to as a TERRORIST. You actaully have one american refer to an another american as a Terrorist.
So the programming is working now. The 'Terrorist' label is in the mainstream. Americans are calling each other terrorists. This is not good. You kinda laugh off how those in power label anyone who is not patriotic enough as a terrorist. But its obviously working when you see an outburst like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join