It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic at the Pumps in the UK.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LacunA

Well from what you and stu say, it can't be effecting all parts of the country. I've just been to pick my brother up from the train station and most of the petrol stations are closed here. Maybe you guys just live in sensible parts of the country.
edit on 30-3-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The sooner Party Politics and Career Politicians are consigned to history, the better!!

Well that's four of us in this thread who are firm believers in abolishing the old, outdated, corrupt and unrepresentative party political system.

You can count me in on that one. Sadly Union leaders are no more better than those you've mentioned.
They have HUGE pay/benefits and do indeed use oppression, bullying and are dam right elitist in their attitude towards the majority of their members they are there to represent.

------------

Petrol pumps around my area have been sucked dry. I've seen many a person filling Jerry cans and make do Jerry cans. I don't blame them like some, as I don't know their situation and why they need that extra petrol.

Like I say, we shouldn't have to have all this fracas due to a few truck drivers demanding more pay.

BTW the health and saftey issue was about the licence requirements needed for new drivers. They were, (I believe) complaining that there should be using a 'special' licence for fuel rather than the 'hazardous waste licence that is now now being accepted.

The thing is the hazardous waste transporting licence allows the person to carry dangerous acids and chemicals far worse and more explosive than petroleum or diesel, so to me it looks like we are being played by a greedy bunch of truckers. Where was the 'f' key when I needed it?
edit on 30-3-2012 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by JonoEnglish because: bleed9ng grammar, or a sht key board. Ok its grammmmmur innit

o
edit on 30-3-2012 by JonoEnglish because: does anyone actually read this bit. Could I swear and make loads of t & c violations in this bit?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Like I say, we shouldn't have to have all this fracas due to a few truck drivers demanding more pay.

It's not just about pay, it's conditions also. Okay you could argue that if you are not happy with the conditions, then you can always move on. I suppose you could, but it will eventually catch up with you because the way things are going, there will be fewer and fewer organisations to work for.

Besides there is only a threat of strike action and a ballot will be required in the first instance. Everybody seems to be trying to score points, whilst its the likes of us who are affected the most.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
we (the UK) deserve to be nuked off the map, nothing but panic buying, anti free speech, pacifying, surrender monkeys (worse than the french), im ok i have enough greggs sausage rolls to see this out

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It's not just about pay, it's conditions also.

Yeah, they had a trucker on the radio pointing out his position, mainly focused on 'health and safety' We all love health and safety especially when it concerns people doing dangerous jobs; I hope so; I'm glad we care that much about others doing dangerous jobs.

However, that health and safety issue is a no-goer when you consider what I believe the issue to be about.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The ConDem government should be jailed for inciting public disorder. This is incompetence at its finest. I don't know how long this country can survive with the current system and people in charge. What I am interested to know, is when the US dollar is no longer the world currency, what will happen to the British pound?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You Can End This is just 6 months if Everyone does their part.

Refuse to use vehicles that use petrol fuel and use only electric/battery operated vehicles instead for personal use.

Let the big companies who Must use large trucks and the like buy the liquid fuel.

If every personal commuter did this, the Gov could pull no such tricks on people. I'm talking about lessening demand for liquid petrol fuel.

How? - Buy an Electric Bike. You can get one for under 1000 dollars U.S. or a kit to attach to your existing bike foir around 700 dollars..

I own an Electric Bike instead of a car. It reaches speeds of 28 miles per hours and has a round trip range of 20 miles. It cost pennies to recharge. It is powered by a 48 volt SLA or Lithium battery pack (your choice) and uses a stealthy 750 watt hub motor build into the front or rear wheels. It's like a small electric motorcycle.

It can carry you and your groceries around town, get you to and from work etc. In most places there are no restrictions against using these as long as you don't use them in automobile traffic lanes.They do not require a drivers license or insurance in most places.

It's the perfect personal electric vehicle that's both affordable by everyone and useful. Just google electric bikes or electric bike kits.

People really.. solutions are out there for these problems, not doing your part is contributing to thew problem. no use wining about it if you don't do your part.
edit on 30-3-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The UK is owned by freemasons...ordo ab chao

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The sooner Party Politics and Career Politicians are consigned to history, the better!!

Well that's four of us in this thread who are firm believers in abolishing the old, outdated, corrupt and unrepresentative party political system.

hear,hear!
another head agrees with this. it is not fit for purpose as has been seen past and present.

fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
its a great shame that the common working man has no representation in this country (uk)
instead its left to fools and lunatics that are so far out of touch with the majority of the population they neither know about the harshness of daily life let alone care about it

i guess in an ideal world we would have a common sense leader whos intentions are to lead the people in the right direction not screw them into the floor while giving huge tax cuts to allready wealthy people

"Broken Britain" thats a massive understatement

i allways wonder how far a common man would make it if they stood up and took on TPTB at there own game and ran for votes

or has the population been so brainwashed that they would fear change?

i dont know but this whole farce this week has been ridiculous
edit on 31-3-2012 by YipMan because: mis spelled britain lol wouldnt wanna get lynched by the typo police

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

problem is as soon as a consensus appears, vested interests will be waiting in the shadows to grind it into dust whether it be via media or the dark workings of the establishment with value-added state-sponsored violence.

can't be upsetting the cucumber sandwich and tea brigade now can we?

methinks the feudal system never went away, it just changed coats.

f.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

regarding the electric car setup. this country has an ancient infrastructure of electricity grid. the more electric cars built and used will compound an already strained generation system. rolling blackouts will be the norm if this isn't addressed.
f.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
An update for those interested.

Latest local sources indicate that the lady burnt in York was not hoarding fuel (because of the crisis). She was transferring fuel she keeps for her petrol lawnmower - that is from her 86 year old neighbour.

This is what i suspected all along for this particular incident (and said as much), mainly because the "facts" didn't fit.

I have included the link, the update is towards the bottom of the article.

Link

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Plenty of space for a jerry can, Mr Maude? Minister who sparked fuel panic puts £1.5m mansion on market

With its elegantly landscaped gardens, butler’s pantry and tennis court, there is certainly plenty of space on this 12-acre estate to store a spare jerry can or two. This is the £1.5 million country pile being sold by Tory minister Francis Maude, who sparked panic last week by urging motorists to hoard petrol to avoid running out – and instead prematurely ensured the fuel pumps ran dry.

He obviously needs a jerry can or 2 about the place

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join