It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help finding games for new pc setup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
reply to post by Bixxi3

Ive never liked mass effect its 1 of the only games i cant stand playing like skyrim and counter strike lol

And now i don't like you

seriously can't stand counter strike? skyrim i can understand but counter strike? I just don't know how to process that....
i tried it years ago and felt like killing myself lol

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Can you advance through ages on civ 5? ifso i might buy it i used to love empire earth 1 for that reason
't

I don't have civ 5 yet..but in the other civs you advance with technology. similar to EE in that you need resources to advance. It is turn based tho. You build wonders as well like EE..for special gains.

I love empire Earth 1 as well...couldn't get into EE 2 tho.. but only had it a little while..probably didn't have enough time to learn it.

Ages of empires was awesome as well.

Peace

Edit:

If EE were checkers...Civilizations would be chess : )
edit on 29-3-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Theres 3 empire earths, I loved that game.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Star War The Old Republic is a good game. However, In my personal opinion, it should not have a subscription fee to play. I can understand a game like World of Warcraft having a sub fee because there is so much to do in that game. I've played WoW off and on since it released. I bought SWTOR in January of this year and played for about 2 months, I own the game so I'll go back and play other characters eventually, but for now I'm not paying while I'm not playing. I don't think that game currently brings enough to the table to require us to buy the game and then pay a monthly fee on top of that in order to play it. You know about Steam, right? Steam has a deal on a game everyday. You can get Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack for $3 today on Steam.

Batman Arkham City is a great game
I enjoy the Assassins Creed series
The Witcher is a fun game

I think the best way for you to find games you might like is to simply use the internet. Fileplanet , which has already been mentioned, is a good site.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

Yea i had steam before i cant stand it, in my eyes its the biggest peice of **** in the gaming world

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Mass Effect Series (I, II and III)

First of all, this game is a series. You seriously have to play all three of them. Why? Because you can take your save game with you from Mass Effect I to Mass Effect II and from Mass Effect II to Mass Effect III.
If you do that, the choices you make throughout the game series, will have a HUGE impact on the storyline, the people you meet and the state of the universe. Im talking both small and big things, it really is amazing how they did that.

Mass Effect does require that you are into the story and especially the fully voiced dialogue, that plays a huge part throughout the game. If you do like that, you are in for a treat. You will be listening to the voices of Seth Green, Martin Sheen, Keith David, Shohreh Aghdashloo and even Freddie Prinze Jr. Plenty of more of course. The cast is huge.

But wait, not only are you in for a storyline and voice acting that makes you think: "Holy #, im the star of an awesome Sci-Fi movie!".
But the action is great too. The combat can be much like Gears of War, with it's "duck and shoot from cover" playstyle. But you can make it into a up and close masacre if you choose to. It depends on the class you pick, your skillset and team composition.

Lastly I would like to mention the amount of work that has been put into huge battles in space, on land and where ever you are, that is nothing but background for you. The sheer amount of work put into BACKGROUND is amazing in the third and final game in this series.

10/10 for me. This is by far the greatest game series I personally have ever played through.
edit on 29-3-2012 by needlenight because: Much better now.

edit on 29-3-2012 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I strongly suggest you get steam and wait around for games to go on discount. Sometimes a game id never thought to play would get 75% off and end up being awesome like Total War Shogun 2. Regardless of discount and since you like strategy I think you should look into it. Your comp will be able to run it if you can run bf3 im pretty sure. Mine does.

Yea i had steam before i cant stand it, in my eyes its the biggest peice of **** in the gaming world

Care to elaborate on that?
edit on 3/29/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

then don't buy Skyrim..

they make you install steam.. there's no way around it that I've seen .. I thought that was a bit over the top.. and I played Skyrim about a month.. and haven't picked it up since..

and SWTOR is another biggest piece of crap that Bioware put out yet.. I'm seriously disappointed....disgustingly disappointed.. due to the 'cartoonist' looking gfx LA should have put a stop to that whole PoS gfx engine period.. having cut scenes in a game it nice and they seriously missed the boat on this idea..

what SWTOR HC and semi-HC fans want is to be a character in the movie .. not a game.. SWTOR is nothing more than WoW 2.0..
edit on 29-3-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dragon Age 1 and 2.
Oblivion
Mass effect 2 and 3
The Witcher 1 and 2
And right now i'm playing this very cute game Kingdoms of Amalur,quite repetitive but very relaxing.

link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Ya the last time i had it all i got was stress it was constantly breaking and wouldnt update things like that it basicaly stopped me playing games id bought

link   
reply to post by Komodo

For any gamer out there, interrested in a good story in the Star Wars universe. Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic I and II, are both excellent games with a great voice cast, excellent dialogue and a well made combat system with some nice action.

I do not know much about the newly released MMORPG with the same name. But the first two singleplayer games were great. Well worth a play through.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And if you want to be really scared Amnesia the dark descent.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21

Creepiest. Game. Ever.
Oh the nights of horror I had, as I played that game and tried to control my bladder. Such a great game.
Dont look at the monsters... Dont...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Those damn doors.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Ya the last time i had it all i got was stress it was constantly breaking and wouldnt update things like that it basicaly stopped me playing games id bought

I, too, hated steam when it wasn't working on my laptop. I got a new comp and it's worked quite well and I happen to like it a lot. It's unfortunate that you had problems but that's no reason to call it that. It actually kind of revolutionized the way P.C. gamers buy games so a little respect.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

Originally posted by adnachiel21

Creepiest. Game. Ever.
Oh the nights of horror I had, as I played that game and tried to control my bladder. Such a great game.
Dont look at the monsters... Dont...

The bit with the invisible thing chasing you in the water was crazy!

Another horror game, well visual novel game, with a really strong atmosphere (something new horror games can learn from) is Saya No Uta, the story is interesting and CREEPY.
edit on 29-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good PC games I can think of at the moment:

Max Payne series.
Mass Effect series.
Half Life Series.
The Witcher series.
Alan Wake.
Elder Scrolls series.
Silent Hill series.
Counter Strike was great fun back in the day.
Batman Arkham City.

If we talked about consoles games I could go on forever, so I'll just mention a few good RPG's

Final Fantasy games (don't like 13, but versus looks great)
Shin Megami Tensei Games, especial SMT: Nocturne and Persona 3 and 4.
Shadow hearts 1 and 2
Zelda series.
Lost Odyssey
Dragon Quest VIII

edit on 29-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What about syndicate? does anyone have it? its only £15 on play.com

www.play.com...[647981]+c[362] +c[10009]+&urlrefer=search

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ive found a few games that look good let me know what you guys think...

World in Conflict
Singularity (seems old but good reviews even though its a activision game)
Gran theft auto 4
Dead Island
Dirt 3
Battlefield bad company 2
Civilization 4 and 5 complete
Age of empires 3 complete
Starcraft 2 (not really sure what this game is)

And can someone PLEASE tell me why i cant find call of duty world at war cheap anyware? its years old and i cant find it less than £25
i love the zombies in that game

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I couldn't finish it.To much even for me.When that thing chases you and you have to close the doors

Why haven't anybody suggested Dragon Age ,I thought they were really popular.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join