It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul, Alone, Stops Harsher Iran Sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Rand Paul, Alone, Stops Harsher Iran Sanctions

rt.com

On Tuesday Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) summoned the US Constitution in an attempt to block even harsher sanction against Iran in fears of another war America could potentially be involved in.

“My amendment is one sentence long; it states that nothing in this act is to be construed as a declaration of war or as an authorization of the use of military force in Iran or Syria,” Paul told his colleagues.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was eager to hastily authorize the bill...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

President Obama has been criticized by many Americans who claim he has been doing the bidding of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“Our founding fathers were quite concerned about giving the power to declare war to the Executive. They were quite concerned that the Executive could become like a King,” Paul added on Tuesday.

The Republican Senator was “amazed at the majority party objections to an amendment that simply restates the US Constitution.”

-Reuters

If enough hasn't been said about the Paul family already... this just goes to show the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

It's good to know that if Ron doesn't score in this election that at least his son has shown the type of character to carry on the family tradition.

And Congress singles out the Paul family and calls them crazy. I just don't see anything crazy with following the Constitution that this country was founded on.

All they are asking is for Congress to declare war before deploying tens of thousands of troops into a country for ten years (yes.... it's been TEN years...)

I don't see that as crazy. I see that as following protocol. Now if only the rest of DC could uphold the rules/regulations/laws they were sworn to protect, and this country just might have a chance...

As it seems now... the whirlpool is just sucking us down faster...

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-3-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: adding ex-tags

edit on 28-3-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Unfortuantely there are mostly power hungry people in Washington and the Constitution restricts their ability to obtain said power. Without Americans standing up and fighting for our rights and our Constitution the PTB will continue to punch holes in the Constitution until there is only the Idea of it and nothing else.

We can see when we look the destruction of America core values.

Cops don't follow laws.

FBI trains that laws don't matter to them.

Its a do as I say and not as I do Congress.

We are only as good as the leaders we follow and the leaders we follow are the lowest bit of scum we will ever meet.

This is Americans fault. We cannot blame anyone but ourselves.... understanding this is the only way to actually do something positive and get us on the right track.

When was the last time Congress admitted to being wrong... they don't they just blame and point fingers to the different parties.

There shouldn't be a red vs blue... we should look at the government as a whole... the Gold party... and looking at the government as a whole where as you cannot blame one or the other political party.. how do you feel about the job our leaders have done.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is reassuring, I don't quite have my mind made up about Rand yet.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was eager to hastily authorize the bill...

I could imagine he just cant wait to start another war in the med east, before pre to war in Iraq i am sure everyone here remembers that there were two Sanctions against saddam and both failed and we went to war over NOTHING.

What makes you think Iran will wont be any different? but i wonder is the American Government this mad to start a World war Over Iran?
Wait a min... Yeah with Sen John McCain and the others yeah they are that mad.

Makes you wonder who does really control us?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I could imagine he just cant wait to start another war in the med east, before pre to war in Iraq i am sure everyone here remembers that there were two Sanctions against saddam and both failed and we went to war over NOTHING.

What makes you think Iran will wont be any different? but i wonder is the American Government this mad to start a World war Over Iran?
Wait a min... Yeah with Sen John McCain and the others yeah they are that mad.

Makes you wonder who does really control us?

I'm just happy to see a few people on here actually care about the importance of the declaration of war...

Just wait until they start drafting for policing missions... it's coming... give it another decade on the path it's on.

"Policing" or "Peace-keeping" missions are the new politically correct way of saying "yeah, send the MIC in... let's make a few bucks..."

The few people behind the scenes raise taxes to support the "defense budget"...

They send in the military to a country and make money off the building and selling of the weapons...

They then blow the hell out of everything and make money off the "re-building" of said country...

It's been happening for over 30 years, and one person is saying enough...

It's time for the rest of the people to follow suit.

Stand the $#%& up and let these people know we run this country... not the ~600 people on capitol hill...

Sorry for the rant...

-YALT

top topics

join