It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How fast would the Federal Reserve straighten their act out if we as americans started using someoth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The banruptcy thread is what made me worry about this and after the quarter million dollar heist by wells fargo I figure the least safe place to keep your money is in the bank, if only because of the pittance of interest they grudgingly give you in exchange for the right to lend out 900% more money than you deposited with yours as a backing.

I myself would opt for something gold backed Rubles, Arab dinars or whatever as long as it is not FRN if the buying power of the FRN drops your alternate form will be worth that much more.

But if americans started transacting business, or converted their IRA or retirement savings into in an alternate form of currency and keeping their money in a safe place other than a bank it would be so much better for them. For payments deposit just enough cash to pay whatever (or get a money order, cashiers check don't let the bank have a penny more of your money that they need to and don't borrow any more money from them or the credit card companies. .

LET THE BANKS FAIL. Who needs them anyhow? So what if the Fed prints andther 6 trillion in FRN. If the little people stood their ground and transacted usiness in another currency it really doesn't affect those little people.
Somtimes Mice can Roar and some wise person once said Money Talks. Plus, didn't RP get Bernake to admit that gold is money? Logic dictates thet if gold is money and X currency is backed by gold and the FRN is not hen a FRN is not money so why are we still using it as a unit of trade?

If we as a group of money 'earners' demanded that the practice of Fractional Reserve Lending be made illegal and punishable as counterfeiting I don't know of anyone (except a banker politician or their minions) would not support such a proposed law.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wanna take it
to the back of the rack
Shell Money

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
keeping their money in a safe place other than a bank
Good thing I don't keep my money in a bank to begin with.

Been screwed over too many times by banks to trust them.

But I agree, the Federal Reserve needs to be brought to an end.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve Bank has a built-in safeguard against that: taxes. Taxes must be paid in Federal Reserve Notes. Don't have enough FRNs? The government comes and takes your stuff. Banks are pretty much the same way. They don't take barter items for your mortgage, must be FRNs.

It would be nice, though. The FRB has to go for freedom to return to America.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We will be using the Chinese Yuan before long, if you're going to convert your money into something, may as well get ahead of the times and convert your money to chinese and start learning to speak the languages of China. Get ready to start sharing your home with chinese citizens, and becoming their servants because when china signs the Deeds on the U.S., your crap officially becomes theirs because what you paid for your homes and land with american dollars will not mean crap because it's going to be worthless by then anyway.
edit on 28-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I mentioned that somewhere in the middle. Keep just enough in FRN to pay what you must in FRN. everything else keep in your mattress or wherever.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There are actually a growing, though quiet, communities that are adopting the "barter" system, and printing their own currency.

When you barter with Gulf Coast Trade Exchange, you can turn inventory or staff time directly into Trade Dollars, which you can use throughout the network--instead of spending cash. In the process, you can boost sales, acquire important assets or travel perks for your family and your staff while improving the bottom line.
gulfcoasttrade.com...

Communities print their own currency to keep cash flowing

The systems generally work like this: Businesses and individuals form a network to print currency. Shoppers buy it at a discount — say, 95 cents for $1 value — and spend the full value at stores that accept the currency.
www.usatoday.com...

Its not that other options are not popping up, just that the MSM is keeping it quiet.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve needs to be completely dismantled and audited with a fine tooth comb by a citizen's group and held accountable for every single penny.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
The Federal Reserve Bank has a built-in safeguard against that: taxes. Taxes must be paid in Federal Reserve Notes.

They have to be paid in US dollars. Doesn't matter whether that dollar is a FR Note, a US Note, a Silver Certificate, an ASE, or a hundred wheat pennies. A dollar is a dollar. If you are dead set against paying your taxes in FRNs, go down to the local numismatist shop and buy a stack of obsolete currency, deposit it at the bank, and write a check on it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Unfortunately, that couldnt happen in the current system. All the government would have to do is refuse to accept other currency.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately not enough sheeple have your understanding or concern for the problem so even if several million of us did what you are suggesting it would not make a dent in it. And I already do what you are suggesting. Bottom line is the sheeple will not wake up till it all crashes. Then it will get crazy...

PS the federal reserve should be abolished it is unconstitutional anyway and its officers arrested tried and hanged it has stolen the wealth of the nation!

edit on 28-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
The Federal Reserve Bank has a built-in safeguard against that: taxes. Taxes must be paid in Federal Reserve Notes.

They have to be paid in US dollars. Doesn't matter whether that dollar is a FR Note, a US Note, a Silver Certificate, an ASE, or a hundred wheat pennies. A dollar is a dollar. If you are dead set against paying your taxes in FRNs, go down to the local numismatist shop and buy a stack of obsolete currency, deposit it at the bank, and write a check on it.

I have a better idea how about we stop paying taxes altogether. They are unlawful theft anyways!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have Iraqi Dinars. I hear they are a good investment.

top topics

join