It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush: "Read my sig"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Bush, campaigning in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, said: "It's hard to help a country go from tyranny to elections to peace when there are a handful of people who are willing to kill in order to stop the process. And that's what you're seeing on the TV screens. You know, these people cannot beat us militarily.''

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The point is if it were

'a handful of people who are willing to kill in order to stop the process.'
I would think it would be VERY EASY to

'help a country go from tyranny to elections to peace'

But then when has Bush ever been in touch with reality?

Certain kinds of people vote for him because they can relate to him. Not because he is intelligent, honest, fair, or well informed.

People believe George W. Bush because they want to believe, not because there is any evidence.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The point is if it were

'a handful of people who are willing to kill in order to stop the process.'
I would think it would be VERY EASY to

'help a country go from tyranny to elections to peace'

But then when has Bush ever been in touch with reality?

Certain kinds of people vote for him because they can relate to him. Not because he is intelligent, honest, fair, or well informed.

People believe George W. Bush because they want to believe, not because there is any evidence.

I think bush is in his own little world were he is the king. Seriously though if people didn't like how he was running things why not Impeach his as$ 1 or 2 years ago?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It's hard to help a country go from tyranny to elections to peace when there are a handful of people who are willing to kill in order to stop the process. And that's what you're seeing on the TV screens.

Ah, so the incumbent is telling us to believe what we are seeing on television..

Wasn't there a thread that demonstrated that the widely televised "fall of Saddam's statue" in Baghdad was a US-contrived event?

When referring to tyranny, we need not look across the sea..

MK

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
No matter how bad things in Iraq are, Bush and the Iraq head of the new occupational government are like that Iraqi information minister who during the war kept reporting that coalition troops were being defeated and on the run, boasting of the glorious victories of Saddam's troops, even saying for the TV cameras in Baghdad that US troops were nowhere near Baghdad, when actually tanks were closing on his position, and he was nervously looking over his shoulder.

Now the lies and nervousness are on the other foot, as Bush is the one who sees through rose-colored glasses, waist deep in a quagmire very much like Vietnam's quagmire, from which there is no escape, thousands of Americans dead and dying, hundreds of thousands at risk suffering horrible traumatic stress that will fill VA rolls for the rest of their lives, terrorists gaining strength and know how to kill Americans and "Iraqi collaboraters more efficiently, and beheadings becojming common," yet Bush and Allawi keep saying all is well. One wonders if they are realy that incompetent, or if it is just more in a long string of lies. "We are winning," he has the audacity to grin, "and have the terrorist on the run." You know, give the guy a break...he hasn't been involved in the dangerous business of war personally, so he maybe made a mistake seeing the terrorists on the run and thought they were retreating, when in all actuality they were charging with scimitars in their teeth to behead America.

The sad thing is that many Americans still believe in Bush's swindle, and delight in the chickenhawk lies, engorging themselves on its bullcrap. They steadfastly refute the facts, despite the CIA, the FBI, Bush's own counterterrorism chief, and the senate bipartisan 9/11 hearings that all state emphatically that Saddam and Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with the attacks of 9/11, and no ties at all with Osama Bin Laden and the terrorist arm of Al Qaida, and no WMD's...gullible Americans still believe by the thousands that Saddam had Iraq terrorists that were involved in these things. Are we really that stupid? Are we really that gullibly naive? Then that Iraq information officer was Bush in disguise.

President Bush says "our strategy is succeeding" and Iraq "is headed
toward democracy." He says "Freedom is on the march."

But the CIA told Bush recently that the scenarios we're really facing
there range from "an Iraq whose stability would remain tenuous" -- a
quagmire -- to civil war.
pzzzz.tripod.com...

When Will We Ever Learn?

When will we learn from mistakes in Vietnam. Though war in Iraq may be different, it�s very much the same too�lies getting us into both, greed, corporate finagling, politics, rush to judgment, civil war, the US in the middle buffeted by both sides, corrupt, inept puppet governments, bloody war atrocities killing thousands of innocent civilians�to save�what? Freedom�balderdash! There is no way that war in Vietnam affected in any way whatsoever the freedom of Americans...and likewise, there is no way victory or defeat in Iraq will in any way make America's streets safer, or protect our country from terrorism, or insure our freedoms.

I am not a pacifist! I believe there are wars where good men must step to the fore to protect us from madmen like Osama Bin Laden. But Vietnam and Iraq have nothing to do with American freedom!

A combat infantryman with the 1st Air Cavalry, I had only just returned from a mission teaching love and peace of Christ, when handed a gun and sent into senseless killing fields, to feel first hand wall-to-wall fear of imminent death, hatreds and immorality turning carefully taught value systems upside down.

When will we ever learn? George Bush surely hasn�t. Myopic vision caused his proclaimed war fighting terrorists responsible for the egregious inhumanity of 9/11, to take a drastic sharp turn away from real Afghanistan terrorists, heading our troops to battle for oil-rich Iraq, and a tinhorn dictator who had no WMD�s, no connections with Osama�s Al Qaida network, and no complicity whatsoever with New York/Pentagon atrocities.

Bush has orchestrated the harvest of our sons going nowhere, but to die...again!

Bush did this because Bush doesn�t know war firsthand, having avoided Vietnam like a plague, his father using powerful influence to get him his cushy job with the National Guard champagne unit, protecting Texas skies from Vietcong insurrectionists. Tactical mistakes Bush made in Iraq will cause it to last decades, as did Vietnam, maybe more. Bush may not know how to fight in war, but he sure has perfected how to get us involved in losing one, to the detriment of our sons and daughters very lives, and the ruination of our economy.

Bush slimed Vietnam hero, John Kerry�s reputation, with the same political mudslinging he directed at ex-POW John McCain, and triple amputee, ex-Disabled American Veterans president, Max Cleland, who dared run against him.

Gary

"Vietnam Picture Tour," A walk in "the park" grunts called Vietnam, with the 1st Air Cavalry on combat patrol. Experience chilling reality to leave the sweet and sour taste of "the Nam" pungent on your tongue, the smell of "the Nam" acrid in your nostrils, and textures of "the Nam" imbedded in you as though you walked beside me in combat.
PZZZZ.tripod.com...

My poignant poems directory, pictures and artwork to
show the essence and feeling of war on young "boys
next door,"
pzzzz.tripod.com...

Read my online novel, "A Walk in the Park, One
Soldier's Vietnam."
pzzzz.tripod.com...

"Realm Of Poetry,"
dreamerzz.tripod.com...
Poems of love and romance, spirituality and
meditation, Golden Oldies, comedy, Quests of the regal
knight Richard Lionheart to the crusades and seeking
the Holy Grail, dueling dragons, frolicking fairies,
and comedy....and also links to my site of that bestial
ogre called war...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Iraq is now the frontline for Islamic extremists who are pouring into Iraq from all over the middle east and the world to fight America. Bush and Blai have opened a pandoras box with this war, one they were warned about by experts. They were told this would happen to the country after the war, and can anyone see this being resolved anytime soon...no. Of course, the president has the arrogance to go up there and say everything is getting better. That is bull#.

Civil war is what Iraq have to look forward to at best thanks to the "coalition of freedom". But this is the price and administration like this will gladly pay to get it's plans into motion. Getting into the middle east was cruicial .

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Iraq is now the frontline for Islamic extremists who are pouring into Iraq from all over the middle east and the world to fight America.

And that is why the strategy is working Earthtone. We have to fight these people somewhere, better Sadr city than Saint louis.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
That is not what this war was supposed to be about. Saddam was a "threat" to world saftey remember? Oh no wait, now the threat to world saftey is the largely increasing Islamic extremism ( boomed after the west moved armies into the middle east for highly quesrtionable and see-thru reasons) and now Iraq is not only a haven for these terrorist factions (old and new) it is a breeding ground for this kind of terrorism to increase.

Does any of this sound good to you? How many terror attacks and beheadings have resulted from this. And all without justification because Saddam was unarmed, with little or no army. It's a disgrace. Bush and the people pulling his strings could not care less about the Iraqi people and their "hearts and minds", now that their democractic system is in place and a foothold is held in the middle east ready to protect Saudi and Isreal and to further invade countries like Iran in the future, then their plans are on track.

This is not a war against terror.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I can live with car bombs and beheadings in Iraq if it prevents car bombmngs and beheadings in Iowa.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Maybe you should check your morals friend, maybe think about the Iraqi children in a wazone right now, their lives torn apart. And then look at the huge "intelligence failure" which caused 9/11 to happen. Realise that this pearl harbour for a new generation does not give America the right to march around the world, doing what it needs under this phoney "war on terror".

These actions are not justified, but I'm glad that people being killed on the other side of the planet, people who you will never have to face, makes you feel better and safer. Your governments spin has worked perfectly on you quite clearly.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I can live with car bombs and beheadings in Iraq if it prevents car bombmngs and beheadings in Iowa.

NIMBY?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Intrepid - Whats NIMBY?

Earthtone - I do feel for the children in Iraq, but feel more for the children in Miami, New York and L.A.

Maybe I am immoral, and maybe I am heartless, but I would rather see American soldiers fighting Iraqi, Iranian, and Saudi terrorists in Iraq than on the streets of america.
I have said many times that the war in Iraq was about a lot more than suspected WMD's and I think that drawing those with a terrorist mindset away from the U.S. was part of it. Am I an asshole for caring more about my friends and famliy than people halfway around the world? Perhaps but thats how I feel.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
All I have to say is don't tick gods people off... he'll get involved...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Intrepid - Whats NIMBY?

Not In My Back Yard. So by extention of your thought, as long as Iowa was OK, beheadings and such would be OK in, say Miami, or San Diego? How far away do they have to get before it's wrong to you? The Canadian border? Mexican?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
All I have to say is don't tick gods people off... he'll get involved...

And who are 'gods people'?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I think you misunderstood me intrepid. The people doing the car bombings and beheadings are wrong and the fact that its happening at all is horrific, but I am glad that the war is being fought in Iraq as opposed to in the U.S. There is a lot of evidence of men from Iran, syria, saudi arabia, etc. fighting against U.S. forces in Iraq. Everyone fighting against the U.S. in Iraq is not fighting against the U.S. in the U.S. A lot of people point to the bombings in Madrid as proof that Bush has made the world more dangerous, maybe so but while terrorism worldwide may have increased in the U.S. there have been no terrorist attacks since 9/11. As far as I am concerned President Bush's job is to protect the U.S. not the world.
If by sending our soldiers to the middle east we can fight middle eastern terrorists in thier backyard instead of mine, yeaqh thats what I wnt
BTW I consider the entire U.S. to be my backyard I am from miami but when 9/11 happened I felt as if they had attacked my backyard.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
And BTW interpid nt to be an asshole but yes I would rather see a terrorist attack in mexico or canada than in the U.S. I would rather not see one at all but if given a choice between an attack on the U.S. and any other country as an american my first loyalty is to americans.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Bush and Cheney are for "Out-sourcing" jobs,.............. so how about the United States Citizens agree to "out-source" Bush and Cheney
,.............. sounds good to me,

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Everyone fighting against the U.S. in Iraq is not fighting against the U.S. in the U.S. A lot of people point to the bombings in Madrid as proof that Bush has made the world more dangerous, maybe so but while terrorism worldwide may have increased in the U.S. there have been no terrorist attacks since 9/11. As far as I am concerned President Bush's job is to protect the U.S. not the world.
If by sending our soldiers to the middle east we can fight middle eastern terrorists in thier backyard instead of mine, yeaqh thats what I wnt

How can you justify that statement? I do not understand it. So as long as the backlash that Bush promotes comes to fruition in other countries it doesn't matter? You've got a dictator running things, paying bills on other peoples bodies, but that's OK as long as the war, THAT HE MAINTAINS, keeps it off of US soil? You wonder why the world is hating the States? Look to your leader. May you all do the right thing in November.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Intrepid the job of the leader of a country is to do what is best for that country. The job of the PM of Canada is to do what is best for Canada. The job of the President of the U.S.A. is to do what is best for the U.S..A. Prior to 9/11 the U.S. did not have troops in any middle eastern countries we were not welcome in (by the governments of those countries if not necessariily the people) We were attacked not because we were imperialists or invaders but because we existed. I understand that you think the war in Iraq was not justified I disagree. I think that the suspicion of WMD's was legitimate, I also think it was a convienent excuse. The only way to prrevent another 911 is to reshape the region as a whole. Iraq is the second step. Maybe I am arrogant and maybe I am ultra-nationalistic but too me while terrorist attacks on other countries are tragic attacks on the U.S. are more tragic. I don't expect you to agree, in fact I expect the opposite. If I were french I would feel the same way about attacks on france, if I were canadian I would feel the same way about attacks on Canada.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join