It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hottest day in March, in 14 years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
*edit* Just found out we got 19 degrees! What a happy day. *edit*

It is 17 degrees in Denmark, the hottest day in March in 14 years.

How hot is it at you?
Hotter than normal, or the same as last year?

It seems like summer came early this year.
(all though we will get a cold weekend)
edit on 3/27/2012 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2012 by ypperst because: Change in the weather!

edit on 3/27/2012 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
similar here in the UK.

The past two days have set the all time record for March at 22.6C (or there about).

So it's dam hot here as well.
I believe the weather will be cooler for Easter though.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeh, off work at the moment and loving it.

Its around 20c here in Scotland.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
South Carolina US. 70F (21 C) today with a historical average of 71F - Right on par for this time of year. Nothing out of the ordinary (for this day anyway)

X

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Pretty wicked weather eh,It was 23 degrees +humidex=28 here three days ago...and now 3 and -7 at night from south canada

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
17 degrees....that's below freezing.

Surely you have had warmer days in March in 14 years.

I'm calling Barbara Streisand.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

We're back to our usual march here in new Brunswick, Canada. But last week could have sworn summer was here, 28+ degree C days lol

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yup red hot in the UK too.
But no leaves on the trees, not many flowers, loads of butterflys and bees looking for the flowers etc and a stream near me has more or less dried up.
Gonna be a drought year I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Absolutely beautiful here today. This weather improves my mood 10 fold. This country would be so much better if we had decent weather all year round. Enjoy it while it lasts.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

South Yorkshire suffering? Rivers full, leaves are out, plants flowering, birds and the bees in the trees.........you need to move to North Yorkshire!

I'm with Woodward, love this weather as it just makes everything brighter. That said, i love rain and snow too and it is best when you get all 3 in the same day!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Lately been over 20c in south eastern norway. Some places even reached over 22c today, which is afaik the highest temperature recorded in march in that area.

Here in middle of Norway things are a bit different though.. While south eastern norway has been enjoying weeks with 15-20c we have had rain, storms and even snow. Today it is a whole 7c and pouring down with rain.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Iam in West Yorkshire at the mo and around me the trees have little new leaves but not full grown ones, the stream which goes to the canal is really low and so is the canal, Iam going to check the river caulder out later and I will report back to you.
Mind you looking at it closely I think we have an outbreak of Ivy everywhere, climbing every tree.
So can Ivy stop trees producing leaves?

Oh and sod this weather I like a decent spring with loads of wet weather its good for the earth dudes

edit just been outside for a fag and our Herons is back flying about

edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is already hitting the mid 80s here in Oklahoma and has been for about two weeks. Last summer we had the hottest summer I can ever remember and I'm hoping this isn't a precursor to an even hotter summer. I can't stand when the temps get into the 112+. In Oklahoma, combined with the humidity, it's like being in hell.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thank you all for the replies

It's interesting to see if this is a major trend, or if it is us here who is lucky

But does anyone know what can have caused this?
We had one of the toughest winters in Denmark last Christmas, and we barely saw any snow this year.

I'm not a expert in weather and the like, but I could swear that its summer today, lol. Not to talk about the other days either.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

South Yorkshire suffering? Rivers full, leaves are out, plants flowering, birds and the bees in the trees.........you need to move to North Yorkshire!

I'm with Woodward, love this weather as it just makes everything brighter. That said, i love rain and snow too and it is best when you get all 3 in the same day!

Haha, you are so right. I also love the snow, but only to watch at. And the rain is just so cozy!

Actually what you said about the leaves, the trees here has just begun to get their leaves, now when I think about it. But we have had ants since JANUARY. It has become a pretty big problem for us, because they are really many now. We normally only get ants when we are in mid summer! They are 4-5 months ahead than normal

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I spent an hour sunbathing here in the uk, my mate got sunburned and its only march? Never experienced the month of march to be like a hot summers day. Thats Global warming for you though

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Yup red hot in the UK too.
But no leaves on the trees, not many flowers, loads of butterflys and bees looking for the flowers etc and a stream near me has more or less dried up.
Gonna be a drought year I think.

I have seen our first humble bee here the other day, and woah it was big!
It actually suprised me a little bit. And the same goes with the flowers here, not to many. Our trees though, has begun to get some leaves.

And for the drought year, yikes, I don't hope that! Allthough I would like to have a warm summer this year. Last year was nothing special.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnittotheground

Where are you in NB?..I am in Fred !...peace

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
I spent an hour sunbathing here in the uk, my mate got sunburned and its only march? Never experienced the month of march to be like a hot summers day. Thats Global warming for you though

An hour sunbathing, niice. I was wondering to get on the beach too, just to see some sea. Wasn't it too cold to bath in? Unless you like cold water of-course
You know how warm the water was?

And for the sunburn, ouch. Its rare that you will get sunburned in March, but you can get sunburned as long as you get exposed to the sun. I have heard about people getting sunburned in winter!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Wow, 20c thats a lot.

We will also get much rain here in the weekend.
But thats just a sign of that it has been hot!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join