It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Lawmakers Approve Evolution Bill (human cloning and global warming included)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Just a heads up. The OP on your new thread links to a petition. Mods might shut it down for a T&C recruitment violation. I've seen it happen before with the SOPA threads. I really think this deserves discussion so I hope it doesn't go away.

OiO

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Talking about climate change here in the UK it is spring and its like a hot summers day here, weird because there are no leaves on the trees, the stream is nearly dried up (down my road) butterflys and bees are looking for flowers and they have not sprung out let
I think here in the UK 2012 is going to be known as a big drought year

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
sounds like a trick to me. I say this potential bill if passed is unbelievably stupid. it's just a ruse to make it so that hardcore conservatives who don't believe in any science but instead in creationism and biblical literalism to teach their religion to kids too young to make any free choices of their own. A first grader is going to believe and be indoctrinated into anything you tell them. It's a insidious way for the overly religious to push their beliefs onto a new generation of kids. if the teachers were so sincere about only wanting to teach science then they would leave theology in theology class or in a religion class. Leave science as science and religion as a bunch of stuff you teach outside of science. the two are not compatible. this isn't just my opinion but the consensus of just about all in the scientifically minded enclaves of humanity.

Come on you know it's just a trojan horse style tactic to throw out the science that offends you because it refutes your religious beliefs and replace it with religious non science. we tried that it was called the dark ages and humanity suffered horribly for it. think we would have learned by now.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you! I did not know that rule. I'll change it ASAP.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join