It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's unexplained files

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
STS-80 astronaut Tom Jones revisits the mission and the video footage of the "UFOs"
skywalking1.wordpress.com...

I have spent many hours gazing out the shuttle windows during my 53 days in orbit, under all lighting and orbiter attitude conditions. The objects seen in the STS-80 videos are ordinary debris particles or ice crystals, some hit by shuttle thruster blasts that cause a change in their motion. Local lighting conditions also change the brightness of some objects as they drift into or out of shadow. I have never seen any evidence in space or on Earth of spacecraft or phenomena not explained by our routine space operations in the shuttle or Space Station programs. My crewmates and I have not seen any evidence for UFOs or spacecraft of “alien” origin or behavior. The STS-80 videos are records of normal space shuttle operations and optical phenomena.

It is regrettable that so many spaceflight-minded young people have their enthusiasms exploited by misinterpretations of such shuttle videos. These inaccurate theories about what the videos show–some naive, some possibly deliberately misleading–waste a great deal of productive energy. Insisting that astronauts have seen alien vehicles is incorrect: a deliberate falsehood. This myth wastes years of healthy curiosity and diverts it to pseudo-scientific wild goose chases, and is a disservice to the fantastic and dedicated work done in orbit by Space Station and shuttle crews, and their support team on Earth. Those still arguing about non-existent UFOs seen by space shuttle crews are wasting their time. Worse, they are misleading young explorers who don’t deserve to miss out on the genuine thrills and wonder of the spaceflight experience, its importance for the advancement of our species, and our understanding of the home planet and our universe.

But some people are just too fixated on their ideas and fantasies of alien visits, conspiracies, cover-ups, etc. to let rational and scientifically-accurate explanation get in the way.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just saw a number of NASA'S unexplained Files today, and I believe what this guy thinks. You simply cannot explain away all the sightings of various types over the past decades as pieces of ice, or "space debris". I believe we are being watched and studied by quite a few alien species at the very least. They are watching our every move both as it relates to technology and militarily. This has been going on for some time.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Just saw a number of NASA'S unexplained Files today, and I believe what this guy thinks. You simply cannot explain away all the sightings of various types over the past decades as pieces of ice, or "space debris". I believe we are being watched and studied by quite a few alien species at the very least. They are watching our every move both as it relates to technology and militarily. This has been going on for some time.

Each story lasted six minutes with a pot pouri of opinions, so of course no prosaic explanation is fully explained. Are you interested in looking at the detailed explanations, or have you already decided you don't want to know about them?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe that some of our Astronauts, Pilots, government officials and others have seen things they cannot explain. I also believe the universe is full of life, and some of it is here and has been here to visit and check up on us if you will. I think there is other et life in the Milky Way Galaxy and life from other galaxies is here visiting. !00% of all sightings cannot be explained. I am interested in the small fraction that there is no explanation for except, the possibility of et life.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I believe that some of our Astronauts, Pilots, government officials and others have seen things they cannot explain. .... I am interested in the small fraction that there is no explanation for except, the possibility of et life.

My major case studies are collected at www.jamesoberg,com/ufo.com, you might start with STS-48 and the Gordon Cooper file.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join