It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer me this All True Seekers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Why are fairy tales so pleasing?What do we already know about them?What do they offer to modern artists and adapters?What can we learn from them,and what can the ways be read then teach us about our selves.

wrong forum,maybe riddle's and puns should suffice
edit on 27-3-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

because it takes a pile of bodies to make one person survive the flu geneticly.

for those unfortunate enough to be raped repeatedly by evolution and remember it... it takes a lie to make them believe they will be the ones benifiting from their deaths.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Wicked response from the truth...nice
answer more mr helper

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I thought this was all was about the little kiddy stories I used to hear......the only fairy tales are in the mind of the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by jazzguy because: sorry didnt realize this was cryptic garbage. carry on

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Look deeper within the quests....last three words is a hint

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I'm old enough to be your dad...save it for your kids and reply in a mature manner

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Its ok,the trash was taken out yesteday

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
maybe because they open one's imagination. However, no doubt they have some kind of hidden message.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You could have atleast had lyrics or link to one. I was nevr told fairy tales.. And now with a son.. I dont tell him many fairy tales. And your title makes one believe you are talking about something else.. Maybe slightly more interesting. With that said.. The first response was great. It tells us about our over coming of something. Since that tends to be the case.. I have been trying to write a 9/11 fairy tale. For children.. Not the os or some other ct.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
Why are fairy tales so pleasing?What do we already know about them?What do they offer to modern artists and adapters?What can we learn from them,and what can the ways be read then teach us about our selves.

wrong forum,maybe riddle's and puns should suffice

For some reason, Humpty Dumpty has been on my mind since I was a child. After focusing on it for many years, the riddle is answered for me. The reason our subconscious is drawn toward the truth in myth is because truth is written on our hearts. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." The way to decipher a myth is to live its truth first.

Humpty Dumpty Lament Solved (Full Article linked in my Signature)

Man sat on the wall of choice when he was vulnerable like an egg on a wall.

Man took knowledge and used it before he was ready (before the egg hatched), and had a great fall (from God’s grace). If he had just waited, he would have become his potential by hatching.

All of the King’s tools (technology) and all of the King’s men (Alchemists/Scientists/Mathematicians) could not put man back in his place of glory again.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why are fairy tales so pleasing?

Fairy tales are far from pleasing.They are dark tales full of death,occult and scary creatures.Usually with a happy ending that for a reason makes us forget the entire story and remember only "and they lived happily ever after".
Have you noticed that most adaptations of fairy tales turn into horror movies?It's not a coincidence.
For me the fairy tales are a form of early mind control.
The message i get is:If you are not good and obey authority(which usually comes in the form of a parental figure) the big bad wolf(or any other evil creature) will come and get you.
That's the hidden message they are offering.Be good and obey.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

top topics

join