It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - "Assad is a Western agent" (Stratfor wikileaks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Glancing over the current wikileaks came up an email between Stratfor and another global intelligence agency. Until the Stratfor wikileaks came out I payed little attention to the Syria matter but since then, I have noticed a lot of juicy stuff come out of this.

The current email in question is between the director of intelligence for Stratfor and someone at a risk mitigating company (private intelligence).

Here are some of the highlights of the leak regarding Syria:

♦ "International" analysts think that since Syria is the only nation who attacked Israel in the Six Day War (But is that so?)
♦ Syria is still technically at war with Israel according to the analysts.

The writer seems to believe this is a common held belief among analysts, but given by the context it is a misconception. Further...

♦ Assad is the Western agent in the Iranian and Russian back yard.

The writer says this because:

♦ Assad and his father have kept stability along the Syrian and Israeli border since the war in 1973.

Basically stating that Assad has been friendly to Western interest while at the same time playing into Russia and Iran on the world stage.

Some more points of the writer:

♦Al-Assad has repressed radical Islam while Turkey has not.
♦Syria's main enemy in the region is Turkey who is funded/influenced by the Muslim Brotherhood

This email was dated Sept 2011, and the writer also states that Assad should "remain in power for another year."

Interesting, if I do say so myself.

Link to Wikileaks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
very interesting findings... so what does this say about whats going on there right now ?

From my understanding... CIA/ Al Ciada proxies are behind the uprising in the region

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
you left out this very crucial statement ;

He is well protected by both Mossad and MI6.

http://__._/gifiles/docs/5441681_re-fwd-re-assad-and-syria-.html
edit on 27-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I never knew about Assad and take the information with a grain of salt. I would not be suprised however of his wife is an MI6 plant. She fits the bill.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Now I like wiki leaks vision.. and to be honest I support Assange and believe he is innocent..

but come on.... has anything substantial actually been found amongst these cables? or the previous cables...

How is it they (by they I mean Anon, Lulzsec and Assange as a collective)

so how is it they can own such information, access such information.. at will...

and yet seem unable to produce something substantial and damaging towards the rich elite..

Stratfor?.. so what..

a bunch of analysts chatting during their lunch breaks over assumptions guesses and opinions.

when are THEY going to release statements and emails from BANKING EXECS...
when are they going to produce access spreadsheets from the FED
when are they going to release phone texts of conversations between Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield and Rove from 2001/2001?

..... when are they going to give us the addresses of every Goldman Sach loving, FED following, BUSH backing corporate CEO who made a profit by sending the west to war for personal wealth in IRAQ, Afghanistan and the wider middleast.

..give me that and ill stand beside you in the docks if we fail!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
you left out this very crucial statement ;

He is well protected by both Mossad and MI6.

http://__._/gifiles/docs/5441681_re-fwd-re-assad-and-syria-.html
edit on 27-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I had meant to put that in the original OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I highly doubt wikileaks is going to release everything they have. Really nitty griity info is too potent and worth far too much money for that to ever happen. No matter the political outlook of the creator of the leak site.

However, we have been tossed some pretty good bones, it's just that most people overlook them or simply don't care because it doesn't have that MSM spin on it.

The MSM is good at tightly packing a "story" and selling it to people. The real world is just a bunch of rumors and innuendos and it seems that most can't be happy without some resolution (or the appearance of) to the story.
edit on 27-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
TBH I don't reeeeeally trust wikileaks too much

I think there is a potential for some of their leaks to contain disinfo... especially considering how everything they release has never acknowledged any criticism of actions on behalf of Israel...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
I think there is a potential for some of their leaks to contain disinfo...

So is it possible that Bashar al-Assad isn't actually a Western agent and that Stratfor wouldn't know even if he was? But mate it seems so credible though.

Next up on Wikileaks: Proof that Ayatollah Khamenei is a triple-dip redoubled dangled reverse false flag DGSE agent inside Chinese Int and Goldman Sachs. We all suspected it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Stratfor again?
and what makes Stratfor think the rebels arent Western agents either?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by boncho

Stratfor again?
and what makes Stratfor think the rebels arent Western agents either?

They explicitly state that the rebels are being funded and aided by Western groups. Which came from a meeting at the Pentagon.

Is this really hard to believe, considering Saddam was put in power by the Government that took him out? Or did you want a fresh pair of rose colored glasses?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ahhh I see you are on the offensive mood

the Brookings Institute states that US needs to help Syrian rebels to oust Assad government but that:

Nor is Assad standing alone. Iran looks to be doubling down on Syria, its only Arab ally. Tehran, though it is under pressure itself, can give the regime an economic lifeline and enough bullets and shells to keep shooting down protesters -- resources that can make all the difference. Next door, Assad's and Iran's partner Hezbollah offers the Syrian regime another ally and an economic lifeline for smuggling through Lebanon. Iraq's regime, which may be eager to do Tehran a favor, may also turn a blind eye to smugglers bringing goods and weapons into Syria from Iraqi territory. And then there's Russia -- an arms provider and the veto-wielding immovable obstacle at the United Nations, blocking international efforts to isolate the regime.

they go on to state:

Saddam Hussein's Iraq endured crippling sanctions for over a decade: It found work-arounds and used the scarce revenue to reward supporters while denying aid to enemies. And the humanitarian toll was a particularly effective public relations tool to discredit those who would isolate it internationally. Remember, it took a foreign invasion to topple that dictator.

and of course America, although it wants Assad out, knows it cannot do this because it will lack the US peoples popular support, therefore there is a desperate need to;

So, if Assad is to go he may need a push from the international community. Particularly important is the effort to build up the Syrian opposition: uniting it and training its militias so they can be more effective in battle

This is the push to unite the wahabis to action, discredit Assad to the Muslim community, basically fabricate proof he is in league with Mossad and you will get all the crazies to action against him....

Then America and Israel get their way.. they destabilize the country and one more feather in their cap of Middle Eastern hegemony... NWO here we come

and the idiot wahabis are helping them, ohh well, one terrorist loves another terrorist now don't they?

edit on 29-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join