It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED: NBC Nightly News Caught Inserting Image of Dead Man--Subliminal Messaging

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
reply to post by atlguy

Thanks for the info.

Just out of interest, as a 20 year news vet, have you ever seen or heard of such goings on as subliminal messaging? I know it's a common subject on conspiracy boards, but i wondered if you'd seen it happening yourself?

Your time frame for how subliminal messaging should be seemed awful precise.
Just kidding....kind of.

CX.

Never heard of anything shady at all, and I mean that. However, this being a conspiracy board, take that with a grain of salt. LOL. Now, do some stations/networks have an agenda? 100% undeniable ironclad fact.

The comments about 1/24th or 1/30th of a second are based on the common frame-rates in television production. The human brain is capable of recognizing anything flashed on-screen in durations LONGER than those. A single frame at the above rates is just short enough to where you know "something" happened, you saw it - but you can't identify it. This is from spending years of my life in an edit suite chasing down little bits of video that I accidentally left - usually these are frames of black, but occasionally they have some content.

CX

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Thanks again for the info, and the honesty.....quite refreshing in this day and age.

CX.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
We live in a age where every single second of broadcasts and media gets archived, recorded etc.
The idea they would use such silly, out-dated methods of "subliminal" messages is quite absurd.

It's more likely a hoax to scare off some conspiracy nuts...or some technical glitch.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Well that's weird.

What's the point? What does it accomplish?
FEAR.

That is the point, and that is what is supposed to accomplish. it is there to instal fear into your mind, so that what you're watching, becomes even more scary that they want it to be. Take for instance, if they were reporting on crime in a certain area, if they stick alod of stuff like this in, the subconscious mind will pick it up, and give a feeling of fear, or dread. This is how they drum up so much support for things like war. Stick loads of subliminal stuff in to brainwash people into thinking hyow they want them to think. This is also why they (news readers) often wear purple, to make you listen to them. These are all very old tricks.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you still believe that "far-left" media farce?

How many times does it have to be said? Conservatives own the media, not the liberals. How else would Faux Noise, CNN and MSNBC be as popular as they are? Fox is obviously right-wing while CNN and MSNBC are moderate, leaning right.

Then again, everyone sees reality in a different manner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join