It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of all the racist/ignorant comments around the Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman story....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is my first time posting in this forum, but my recent observations on ATS has brought me to a place where I need to rant a little... Since the Trayvon Martin stories came to ATS Ive noticed a trend that I dont like to see.. First, I'm seeing loads of racist, ignorant posts on each Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman thread, in my opinion, ATS is much better than that, the community is better than that, and I dont believe we need any racism on this site... I understand at times people are trying to have some good fun making a pun here and there, but lately Ive been just seeing some blatant mean spirited racist comments, I for one hate it, I am starting to think the Mods dont like it too (knowing each Trayvon thread is put under staff review for extreme T&C violations).... Why cant we just call this situation what it is, a senseless death that could have been avoided??? Anyways, thats my rant..

Is anyone else sick of this?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Personally, I haven't bothered with any of the threads because the truth is we don't know what happened and need to let the police and courts decide. As for people who make jokes about it, real people with real problems don't need to made fun of. Peace S&F

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I am sick of the media. They were the ones that made it racist--not ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by jhn7537

I am sick of the media. They were the ones that made it racist--not ATS.

Yea, this story has went from a tragic event to a story thats completely out of control... The MSM loves it and it seems like the ATS community loves it with all the threads we are seeing from people who are siding with Trayvon and those who are siding with Zimmerman... Ill admit, Im feeding into this story to right now by making this thread, but I felt ok doing it in the rant section, instead of the social issues forum.... If nobody respond to this thread Ill be fine with it, if anything, it was a nice way to let out a rant....
edit on 27-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
As long as it gives ratings, page views, and generates revenue, they couldnt care less what you sick or tired of.

They're going to squeeze this til the last drop... they'll milk it dry until no one really cares about it. Then it will stop. Not now.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
As long as it gives ratings, page views, and generates revenue, they couldnt care less what you sick or tired of.

They're going to squeeze this til the last drop... they'll milk it dry until no one really cares about it. Then it will stop. Not now.

By they you're talking about ATS and not the MSM, right?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I agree, giving it recognition is the true problem. People die every die, some in more unjust situations than others... Yet this one is the one that gets attention... odd isn't it? I have to wonder why focus on this story.... what is the media distracting us from this time?
edit on 27-3-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

I agree, giving it recognition is the true problem. People die every die, some in more unjust situations than others... Yet this one is the one that gets attention... odd isn't it? I have to wonder why this story.... what is the media distracting us from this time?

And what's even more disturbing is the Black Panther party stance where they are going to offer $1 million to the person that captures Zimmerman, they said they are collecting donations from black celebrities right now. That honestly blows my mind... Another thing Ive seen is the shirts that are being sold down in Florida www.thesmokinggun.com...

I would love the MSM to take the race aspect out of this story and just say a 28 year old man shot and killed a 17 year old man after an altercation in a gated community...

Like I said before, it was a senseless death that could have been avoided...
edit on 27-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yeah, mess media misrepresentation is what goes on.... I mean if you stick up for the kid then that's fine, but if you even slightly nudge towards the other direction... then you are racist. Man I believe in civil liberties. It is never ok to shoot someone, nor is it ever really ok to attack someone on their property for no reason... I mean who is justified here? No one. And all these people can rally against whites now, but then what? It isn't racist... it's cool.

If everyone really wants to be equal, we really need to let the whole race factor be absolved. Unless it is out-right blatant racial crimes, which don't get me wrong I know they exist, then we need to look at it as being a humanity problem not a racial problem.

No one will be equal until the media says so...

ETA: Also I believe the bounty is 10k not 1000k
edit on 27-3-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

What's strange is I posted a link to the clip where Mikihail Muhammad (Black Panther Party spokesman) was saying $1 Million bounty, CNN doesnt seem to have it in their video library anymore... I guess Mikihail realized that a sum that high wouldnt be realistic, so he scaled it back...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I am weary and saddened of the division so easily inflicted on the world by a simple word. I had an higher hope for people of ATS as critical thinkers and problem solvers, imagined, it would seem. The only race is the HUMAN RACE, and if we here can not work that much out then I fear the path to extinction is a short one!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

All I can say to you is that ATS members are imperfect people too. We all need to cut each other some slack here.

edit on 27-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

The sad part is that many people agree on just about everything I think, but race is an emotional thing, so immediately everyone wants to be more right than their neighbor.

Pride, we are doomed because of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

The sad part is that many people agree on just about everything I think, but race is an emotional thing, so immediately everyone wants to be more right than their neighbor.

Pride, we are doomed because of it.

The MSM loves putting twists on stories to help spice it up, race is the one card they love to play for this exact reason...... Look at the national attention this story is getting now.... The reason why I love ATS is because its a great way to avoid all the MSM bs, but whats surprising is that even this story is dominating this site...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by jhn7537

All I can say to you is that ATS members are imperfect people too. We all need to cut each other some slack here.

Yea, I agree that we are all imperfect, I just hold the ATS community to a higher standard....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well it is, but don't lose hope. There are many truth seekers out there that are more or less interested in all knowledge. I clicked on this thread not to debate or watch people get mad, merely because I am interested in perspective and behavior etc... Now, I have my own opinions and am always glad to share, but I do not blame the media for infecting ATS (well ok I do a little). It was bound to find its way to ATS anyway, and people were bound to talk about it. It is to b expected, no big deal, the world will move on it some fashion eventually.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

By they you're talking about ATS and not the MSM, right?

ATS or any other website its just a reflex from a huge campaign... this could be the next door coffee shop, and ppl would still talk about it.

ATS is just like the coffee shop, a place where ideas and thoughts are shared, pre-shaped from the influences from outside.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by jhn7537

Yea, I agree that we are all imperfect, I just hold the ATS community to a higher standard....

I guess you were a little more straightforward than I, for it is the same message I attempted to convey!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It seems that on this forum the majority have a perceived enemy. Moral infighting among the caliber of people here just gives an impression of futility. If we here can never come to common ground, I perceive it as a deathly blow for mankind. I have come to have a great deal of respect for the people here in general and am astonished to see the outside world mirrored here so clearly!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
It seems that on this forum the majority have a perceived enemy. Moral infighting among the caliber of people here just gives an impression of futility. If we here can never come to common ground, I perceive it as a deathly blow for mankind. I have come to have a great deal of respect for the people here in general and am astonished to see the outside world mirrored here so clearly!

I totally agree, and that was one thing I never expected on ATS....... MSM crap was typically never accepted here on ATS, if anything, this community always observed stories in a unique manner, leaving out all the "hype" the MSM pushes onto us...

top topics

join