It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To See What A Real Protest Looks Like? (Biggest Canadian Protest Ever!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Since when did Canada matter?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashnik3000

The video above is unrelated to the video in the OP, these are two different protests entirely. It happens every year here in Montreal, but this protest always go wrong.

There are always a bunch of Black Bloc too, kind of ironic. They come to the anti-brutality protest and provoke the police. They should all be arrested.

Don't confuse the two protests.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

iv already been to school twice... im done i got what i want and need... if i need more ill go back but for now im happy with what i got...

2012 has been debunked... i never believed in it and ill see you in 2013 bitches(unless your a juggalo... i dont want them to make it past march 27, 2012)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

and thats why i stay up here in good old ns

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Since when did Canada matter?

Was that a joke or does your mentality that poor? Canada is your biggest provider of energy, without us, you're pretty much screwed...unless you plan on improving your relations with the middle-east, which looks highly unlikely.

Please say it's just a joke, because that's because of that kind of comments that people all over the world make fun of your country...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This should be an example for the whole world, this should be how every single protest is done. Those saying the world isn't changing are wrong, the new generations are taking back their sovereignty, the kids are fighting what their parents never dared to.

Thank you, you made me feel a little prouder to be a Canadian again.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Was that a joke or does your mentality that poor? Canada is your biggest provider of energy, without us, you're pretty much screwed...unless you plan on improving your relations with the middle-east, which looks highly unlikely.

Please say it's just a joke, because that's because of that kind of comments that people all over the world make fun of your country...

Glad to offend you, yes it was a joke> but who cares about a canada protest, complaining about free healthcare (i know the protest isn't about healthcare. Same western society complaining about having too little. But if you ever get into trouble don't call U.s to get you out.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Incredible... this really sets a mood. Just imagine if we could that sort of protest on Capitol Hill; these days with social networking it would be possible to set up a protest date, let it go viral & watch the magic happen. That is, if the people truly are waking up.... we still may have a little way to go before enough Americans are on board though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

To clarify.

Canada is a joke. Get over it.

Protest went very well.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Those saying the world isn't changing are wrong, the new generations are taking back their sovereignty, the kids are fighting what their parents never dared to.

Pfft. My parents generation protested the hell out of everything, eventually they got distracted with lava lamps, tie-die shirts and free love.

The third one explains why I'm here.

In any case, cool thread +protest.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Same western society complaining about having too little. But if you ever get into trouble don't call U.s to get you out.

If the US just backed off Canada's energy supplies, the country could sustain its energy needs no problem. Diamonds in the north? We have those too. Large wooded areas for logging? Yep. Millions of hectares of arable land? Uh huh... Largest freshwater reserve in the world? Yep. Major steel industries? Check.

What did we need the US for again?

Ahh... Politics

edit on 28-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Oh come on wake up,

This is how protests should be done?

Well.. That is how protests are done all over the world this is what a protest is and it is what people come out to do, to get there point across peacefully in numbers,

There is only one reason there was no violence or property damaged in this mass protest, and that's because your government did not interfere,

Protest can be done properly when your governments don't insight violence from within to damaged the course by ordering trouble makers into the crowds or police to act in certain ways to get a reaction from protesters in order to shut it down

I was at work one day late last summer we was working on The Strand, London, when i was given just a couple of hours notice of a march/protest coming down the road, i was a bit worried as we had a huge hole open on the footpath laying new cable and drilling into a basement, we was told over a million people would be coming through in just a short time, we managed to fence it of as secure and as tight possible and we waited while over a million people marched peacefully past the job, it took them over 3 hours to fully march past, it was more like a carnival parade than a protest, it was entertaining to watch to be honest,

The police was very easy going they kept there space from the people, and spoke kindly if they require people move over onto the other side of the road, they said nothing other than that unless they was spoken to, they just watched and followed making sure people was safe, i was quite surprised to be honest, it was a totally different kind of police attitude to the police you see policing large crowds at a football games or music events, it just goes to show, policing events correctly can either make the people & there cause look good or bad, so its really not down to the people whether a protest is good or bad or making a good example, its up to whether the government want that protest to look good or bad...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

What did we need the US for again?

A backbone

aka some balls

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

Sorry but what? Against Al-CIAda?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As to free education.....
You have free education called grades 1 to 12. (or is it different in Canada?) Most students could accomplish that in 8 years, leaving 4 years for the government - (since it is paying anyway)--to provide 4 years of higher education.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

do you mean: QUEBEC has been very lucky having their tuition so low and frozen for so long. Now they are on the way to being up to the levels of the rest of the COUNTRY.
Am I wrong?

Yes that's what I meant. Was a tad distracted while responding.

IMO, the "free education" is something very hard to achieve without a substancial tax raise. The problem is that Quebec is only a province, not a country. Half of the taxes we pay on the income is going to federal government and the education isnt covered by them.

IMO I'd like to see all essential service, food, water, education, etc to be free. Eventually I'd like it to lead to everything being free & have no money but for now I'll settle with essential services being free.
Yes they both require a lot of work to achieve but I think it's about time that we start moving towards getting rid of money.

-lifeissacred

England doesn't have free university tuition. It costs £9000 a year.

I apologize, my friend who's from England was telling me it was free to citizens.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join