It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Supreme Court signals health care case won't be held up over technicality"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A couple weeks back, I created a thread discussing more about what is taking place concerning the health care law. AKA: Obamacare. I explained more about what will be taking place in the beginning stages of the process. I also addressed info about the judges who will be making the decisions concerning the case.

Obama Care to the Supreme Court in 10 Days

Just recently, a glitch has been found in the case. The Supreme Court justices signaled Monday that the landmark case over the federal health care law will probably not be held up over a technicality.

That technicality was the focus of the opening round of hearings Monday. The issue before the judges was whether an obscure 1867 tax law prohibits lawsuits, like the ones challenging the health care law, from going forward until someone actually pays the insurance tax penalty -- the penalty for not buying health insurance, as required under the law.

So I see how it works now. Let’s make Obama Care go into effect, and then once someone’s becomes unhappy, finds it unconstitutional, and decides to sue, then we'll bring the law to the Supreme Court.

If the justices decided the 1867 law applies here, opponents might have to wait until early 2015, when the IRS collects its first payments from uninsured taxpayers, to formally challenge the law.

So they are saying all the parties agree, and that the law doesn't preclude the Supreme Court from moving forward? Any bets on whether one of the liberal court justices addressed this issue?

Liberal Judges want Obama Care more than anyone. And if they can find something dated back to 1867 that will put a crimp in the process to favor Obama Care, I guess it’s all ok then. Give me a break.

Here is more on the story...

Supreme Court signals health care case won't be held up over technicality

There is always something. I can tell you with 100% accuracy what is going to happen with this law. I think at the end of the day, a lot of the previsions will be removed, but we all know very well that Obama care will go into effect.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

ObamaCare is 100% gone.

A private sector solution is almost ready.

It involves tort reform.

join