It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Anyone here have any information on these machines that apparently are run by aliens to mine planets like the moon.

For some reason, the phenomena fascinates me...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There's a few good books sorta with this premise.

The Forge of God - Greg Bear

Moonseed - Steven Baxter

Both use the premise of replicating machines effectively.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I dont know anything about X Drones but the Moon is most likely void of Mineral ore such as iron and copper because it was formed from the crust of the earth. That would make heavy industrial mining of the planetoid uneconomical. Uneconomical for humans at least.
One theory I have read is that billions of years ago a Mars sized object collided with the Earth and a huge chunk of the still-forming earth was jettisoned into space, left locked in the earths gravitational field. this eventually became the moon. Since it was formed from the rocky crust instead of the metal rich core it has no mineable ore in it.

[Forgive me if Im wrong. I read this explanation in a Magazine i purchased in the United Kingdom]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That is certainly one of the competing theories, but there is evidence to suport several ideas. For instance, the fact that the moon is so much larger than any other known moons in comparison to the planet it orbits (from what I understand) -- almost as large as some of the solar systems smaller planets. Also, the fact that it seems uniformly covered in craters, even though one side permanantly faces the earth supports the theory that the moon was a passing object caught in the earth's gravity. However, as I said, scientists are split on the issue.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hmm i agree it could also be that.
Also i think Pluto and its moon Charon are nearly the same size as each other. But of curse Pluto is far from a usual planet found in our solar system due to its elliptical orbit and small size. They say it might just be a chunk of debris from the solar systems outer asteroid belt caught in the suns gravity like many comets also from this belt.

[I forget the name of the belt. Anyone know it? It starts with a C.]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's called the Kipur Belt (don't know if i spelt it right). Yes there was incidents that drones might be mining the moons of mars. This is due to the fact that some space probes that cross paths with the moons have snapped photos of strang objects and activities coming from the surface. Then the craft is shot down by some sort od energy weapon (laser?).

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

top topics

join