It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EveOnline - How is it going?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am (was) an eveonlinbe player named "Bersagliere".

I stopped playing since the BoB disband, played few months occasionally but I think I definetively stopped playing it. I wanted to know.. how is it going? I knew ccp messed up things and players are leaving the game

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
IM an eve pr0, playing since launch.

This years fanfest was a total smash success and ccp are putting their lives in order to stop with the space barbie non sense and give us more space related stuff to blow up and play with, including some pretty promising leaps with DX11 later this year.

watch out for the inferno expansion this summer, it will be worth a trail account at the very least if not a reactivation for a month for sure!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's some good news! I do have a couple of plexes for reactivation, but atm I'm bored about it. Eve is too much enslaved to its game mechanics and broken economy.

I will have a look on the expansion thanks!

Oh well... I doubt new missile effects will make any difference to me! But we will see
edit on 26-3-2012 by Bers81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I used to play Eve, was a member of Fringe financial and proud Minmatar thought about playing again but would have to learn the game all over again with all the changes. Currently I am eagerly awaiting Dust 514.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just recently started playing Eve, Im about 28 days into it. Ive used my free trial, and purchased my first month about halfway into the trial, as I hit the trials limits.

I like the game, but it's really slow paced. and Not newbie friendly at all.

My name is "Mikeyy" and I am Gallente. I've started out as a miner. I have a Catalyst Destroyer and an Iteron Mk3 hauler.

My current goal is to work my way to a Hulk. but i've got 48 days of training and 400+ Million ISK (plus 50 more to buy skill books) to mine up.

I have not ventured to anything below 0.7 sec yet. Im terrifiyed to be honest, I've read a lot about this game, and I am concerned. Do people really camp the stargates in low sec waiting to gank you immediatly? Is it even possible for a new player to catch up and be as strong as a 7 year vet, or will they always dominate and keep me down?

I'd appreciate any tips you guys got =)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Go down as far as 0.5 and you are safe unless you are carrying a large sum in your cargo.

0.4-0.1 is where the pvpers do their thing, do not take any short cuts through these systems pirates will kill you just for the statistics let alone what you might be carrying.

If you die to a pvper the second you are in a pod warp it anywhere immediately (preferable before you even die in your ship, those last second find something and warp to it), replacing clones costs a new clone cost and any implants you might have had.

focus on skills and if you mine get into a GOOD player run corp doing what your skills are best align for, dont be afraid to change corps when your goals abilitys or skills improve. Dont think the first guys you get on with are cool, nearly every one is reasonable cool in eve, its what makes the time worth it.

say good by to your wife and free time, if you get stuck in and cant afford the time make sure you pick some professions for earning isk as well as having fun, lats are great for this. I highly recommend that once your isk earning is sorted on your main guy, train a pvp alt and put it into FW or RVB and fly frigs you will learn so much about the game like this.

specialize!!!! jack of all trades, master of none is especially relevant in this game.

oh about the trust thing, eve is fairly ruthless, pros who spend way too much time dont like to waste any on newbs, so do not trust every contract or everyone you talk to. make friends and trust them use your judgement.

lastly this image:

You have been warned! now go and have fun

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i used to play it a few years back but decided i not to get too stuck into the game, i know people who are addicted to the game and it Does hinder their attempts at a social/normal life.
i was cosidering replaying it but i heared that the learning skills dont add anything to you attributes anymore, is this true?
if it is then this way to balance the game has made it suck.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Eve is epic lol Worlds best game by far. Glad to see some members here play Eve ^.^

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Learning skills were retarded and just ment people who started playing eve had to train learning skills for months :/ Lame....

They refunded all the SP from characters that previously trained the learning skills. So being able to dish out SP to skills in a one time off is nice

When you think about it removing learning skills was a great idea.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

CCP made eve-online intensionally difficult, the problem was that it was too hard to get started and alot of players couldn't take *not playing* a game properly for 2/3 months.

While im a vet and i had to jump through all the loops, doesnt mean i dont want more people to play, im very happy with the changes they have made like the removal of the skill books and additions with new player friendly implants and such.

Its a HARD game to be good at and takes time, patience and generally being able to get on with people in a friendly way not like xbox "die you *bleep bleep bleep* teenager rage you get with online games.

Go out and get a trail today if you like a challenge and enjoy pretty space graphics

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

but didn't learning them add to your attributes?
and did attributes alter things like lockon speed, fire rate, etc?
seems like simplifying the game, and that's always a bad idea in my book.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

They removed the learning skills, gave everyone +5 to their attributes and reimbursed the SP those that had trained them.

Made perfect sense, since anyone that started the game would have 5 less on all attributes and would waste a month or more training them up. total waste of time and annoying for new players.

CCP the game designers realized its a game even though its meant to be hard, to retain subscriptions they would have to make starting the game more attractive and fun. A good move all round.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Currently downloading Eve right now. I've played a little bit before and decided to come back because I'm on a space kick and wanted a "man and his ship" type game.

This time around I'll probably try mining. The first time I played I enjoyed the transport missions just running goods around and seeing space. Worked great until I got lost and couldn't find any missions.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
its decent but eve is a money trap pit.. In order to really survive in the game with skills and tech it will take months. I played it for about a month. Joined a mining corp and was bored senseless mining is not my forte I trained a pvp pilot and dont even bother heading to lowsec or null until you can sit in a battlecruiser and have all tech II's and that does not guarentee anything.. you can try to train tech 2 frigs like wolves or jags and head out there but once again good luck.. The biggest problem flaw I saw in eve, is if you just start out in eve now YOU will never be equal or greater then everyone else who is playing before you join.. which means if their is 30,0001 players online figure 50 percent has been playing longer then you. So PVP is hard and a pain at first.. If you have no life, and can sit in front of your computer and chat voice chat with others and laugh giggle and talk about geek stuff for hours and enjoy it with the other eve lifers then this game is for you, for me I canceled my subscription... Guess I just have to much responsibility.. I will say thou many, many, many people enjoy just mining asteroids.. It relaxes them or whatever.. So for some eve is great.. scale of one to 10 for me about a 4, the fact that I recognize how the devs manage to make money with subscription fee's and one hell of a slow arse level system, I mean you do not have to be a rocket scientist.. Ya ya I know plex, but dear god, my time is worth more then eve......

the trial is decent I suppose but I would suggest not to whip out a credit card afterwards... It will cost you about a 6 month subscription just to get up to par....

new topics

top topics

join