It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Truth Make Me Racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBD1979
First of all before I get into this because I know the crap I'm about to get for this post, I should state that I am not a racist. I have been married to wife who is black for going on 6 years now and we have 2 little ones. I went to schools where blacks vastly outnumbered whites and work around black men and women on a daily basis and I don't feel an "urge" to hate them. I have however gotten myself into a bit of heat with my wife's side of the family over a discussion revolving around race. I have never been scared to talk about certain things around other blacks because even if they might not like your point of view, nobody can argue with facts. I'm sure you have heard all of this before but the hot points in the conversation were as follows.

*Blacks have a much higher crime rate than any other major race in America
*Even in areas of lower incomes, the lower income whites/asians/hispanics will commit less crime then blacks in the same area
*People of African decent have been proven to have lower I.Q's than other races on the planet (with the Australian Natives being the only exception)
*The vast majority of black youth embrace a culture of violence, crime. and overall immorality that is glorified by rap music.( rock music can be just as crude but is not as LITERALLY embraced by a race as a whole)
*Blacks that step out of the mold, be it their musical preference or their political preference are often ridiculed by the majority

These points and facts are not meant to make black people seem inferior. It is plainly obvious that black people are faster and more agile than any other race and in today's world it is perfectly okay to point this out, so much so that its often joked about on tv. Its also okay to suggest that asian's are smarter than any other race (this has been proven) I have heard this joked about as well. On the flip side for anyone to point out any flaw of a person of african decent it is such a taboo and I just cant understand it. I am a firm believer that every man is created SPIRITUALLY equal but to say that all races are created physically and mentally equal is just being ignorant of the science that has been around for many years now but has been ignored for the sake of political correctness.

For anyone curious about the I.Q statistics there is an excellent video explaining all the different studies done on the subject. There are a few parts but heres the link for part one.

www.youtube.com...

Edit: Just to spread the love around I feel that I should point out all the good things ive noticed that blacks as a whole top other races. now this is just my opinion but i find that blacks are....

Athletic
Loyal to groups or causes
Brave/Courageous
Better Singers
Better Dancers
loquacious
Comedic

Now I'm not adding this to kiss any ass just to point out that there are differences to races as a whole and rightfully noting that there is exceptions to every rule such as stupid asians or physically inferior blacks. You have to step back, way back to see what im getting at here.

edit on 26-3-2012 by JBD1979 because: (no reason given)

This is nonsense.

You are confusing the act of COMMITTING a crime with being ARRESTED and/or CONVICTED of a crime. Contrary to popular myth...WHITES in America are more violent, use more drugs and substances, and commit more non-violent crimes per capita than blacks, hispanics, Asians, or any other group. link: www.drugwarfacts.org...

Likewise...despite more WHITES using more drugs than blacks...blacks are typically much more frequently ARRESTED, CHARGED, CONVICTED, AND FOR FAR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME. In California a black male is 1200% MORE LIKELY to be convicted of felony marijuana possession than a white male possessing a similar amount.

I'm sorry...but I find it very, very difficult to believe that you are truly married to a black woman and remain somehow ignorant of these salient and material facts. There are thousands and thousands of additional points of data to substantiate how delusional many of your perceptions are located here: www.drugwarfacts.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This thread, embarrassingly has reminded me of the film Five steps to tyranny. Step 1 (about 2:20) talks about prejudice - making in groups and out groups; there is certainly a lot of this going on in the thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by Ghost375
*People of African decent have been proven to have lower I.Q's than other races on the planet (with the Australian Natives being the only exception)
A lot of this has to do with not having a proper upbringing. When your dad's in prison, there's isn't going to be anyone to teach you things.

Unless it is flawed, and IQ test doesn't include things you would of learned. It derives from logic and thinking, not regurgitating what you have learned. That's why people with high IQ do not necessarily have the best grades in school.

Anyway, at school it's best to not think and repeat exactly what you have been told without changing anything.

Furthermore, if your IQ is really high you will most likely get TERRIBLE grades in school from vindicative baby 'boomer "teachers" who find it difficult to come to grips with their own mediocrity. Similarly, should you also be a racial minority in an impoverished area and had a really high IQ you probably wouldn't try real hard on those IQ tests in the first place.

Let's face it...this country hasn't been a meritocracy since the mid-60's. What good would clocking in a 147 IQ do for you anyways? Nobody will take notice. Nobody will give you more challenging material in school.

...take if from a white a guy with a 147 IQ from bumbleF&%$k, Wisconsin. Nobody cares how smart you are or how hard you work.

It's ONLY about the money.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by JBD1979

You're not a racist.

Neither am I but I personally believe you're wasting your time if you think you can live some happily-ever-after life with a black woman when you're white.

You're constantly going to be getting grief from society, strangers and family members and that's only going to cause a rift in your relationship that you're going to have to deal with. It's a negative that will take up time that can be spent on positives. It's just that simple.

Don't get me wrong, you can be friends with blacks with no problems, but a marraige? Good luck.You're going to need it. I personally don't beieve that an interracial marriage such as this can get to a deep, personal level that a "same color" marraige can. That may sound shallow but that's just the way it is becasue no matter who you are or where you live, your relationship has to deal with society, and that plays a BIG part in ANY relationship whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm not a racist but I'm going to get called out for what I just said because I'm one of the few who actually has the guts to say it.

Interracial marriages are on the rise believe it or not. There are tons of marriages that fail all around with partners of the same ethnicity. Yes, interracial marriages have their challenges, but to say that they simply won't work out couldn't be further from the truth. I married the person that I fell in love with and was perfect for me, ethnicity had nothing to do with our decision. Our families are in full support and that is all the support we need! I really don't care what anyone else thinks for that matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Treat black people with the equal dignity they deserve, give them the same opportunities, and then come back with your new figures...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Anyone ever wondered why the ATS theme is black and not white?

It's a test to find out who the haters are

It's because light colored text on a dark background is easier on the eyes to read. Less eye strain and headaches.

You appear to have color on the brain.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by JBD1979

I think that particular line right there indicates why Zimmerman was concerned about a black man walking around in a mostly white upscale community.

Does it justify Zimmerman to follow this young black man? Absolutely not! He was not a police officer but captain of a neighborhood "watch" group." If this young black man was doing something suspicious like looking into windows of homes or dealing drugs in the neighborhood, Zimmerman should have just called the police from his home. He followed this kid with confidence because he had a gun to defend himself. The problem is, he was not in the position to follow someone who was just walking through the neighborhood. By doing that, he instigated an unfortunate confrontation.

If this was a white young man walking through this neighborhood, I don't think he would have gotten the attention of Zimmerman like Trayvon did. Jed Bush was right when he said this was not a stand your ground incident. Zimmerman pursued this young man even after the police told him not to. Trayvon did not walk up to Zimmerman and threaten him. Zimmerman pushed the envelope.

When people grow up into communities that are mostly black, white, Latino or Asian, someone from another culture stands out. They are a segregated community which causes paranoia when they see someone that doesn't seem to fit or belong in their community.

Every culture has had their own negative stereotypes unfortunately caused by parents continuing poor role models from previous generations. I'm Italian American and my cultural background has had some pretty bad reputations like the Italian Mafia and they have also been known for stealing, being loud hot heads (which I can be at times)
and revengeful. Are all Italians like this, heck no! I do know, it took a couple of hard working generations of Italians to change some of these negative stereotypes. I know the Italians, Irish and the Polish immigrants were discriminated against when they came to this country. Those earlier generations lived in the "ghettos," but they instilled in their kids, generation after generation, the importance of working hard, and getting an education to become successful so they may have a better life than they had.

African Americans really have to come together and change these negative cultural aspects in their communities to shed the paranoia and stereotypes a lot of cultures place on them . The statistics just don't lie. They're are some outstanding and highly educated and respected young African Americans that are being lost in the sea of high crime statistics and low achieving black students.

I think both individuals were wrong. Zimmerman should have never followed this young man but kept watch from outside his home. Trayvon, "if he did," should have never antagonized or intimidated Zimmerman if he was confronted. If he was innocently walking in the neighborhood, a calm simple explanation or "could you help me find my father's residence?" Should have been enough to calm Zimmerman's paranoia.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBD1979
First of all before I get into this because I know the crap I'm about to get for this post, I should state that I am not a racist. I have been married to wife who is black for going on 6 years now and we have 2 little ones. I went to schools where blacks vastly outnumbered whites and work around black men and women on a daily basis and I don't feel an "urge" to hate them. I have however gotten myself into a bit of heat with my wife's side of the family over a discussion revolving around race. I have never been scared to talk about certain things around other blacks because even if they might not like your point of view, nobody can argue with facts. I'm sure you have heard all of this before but the hot points in the conversation were as follows.

*Even in areas of lower incomes, the lower income whites/asians/hispanics will commit less crime then blacks in the same area
*The vast majority of black youth embrace a culture of violence, crime. and overall immorality that is glorified by rap music.( rock music can be just as crude but is not as LITERALLY embraced by a race as a whole)
*Blacks that step out of the mold, be it their musical preference or their political preference are often ridiculed by the majority

These points and facts are not meant to make black people seem inferior. It is plainly obvious that black people are faster and more agile than any other race and in today's world it is perfectly okay to point this out, so much so that its often joked about on tv. Its also okay to suggest that asian's are smarter than any other race (this has been proven) I have heard this joked about as well. On the flip side for anyone to point out any flaw of a person of african decent it is such a taboo and I just cant understand it. I am a firm believer that every man is created SPIRITUALLY equal but to say that all races are created physically and mentally equal is just being ignorant of the science that has been around for many years now but has been ignored for the sake of political correctness.

For anyone curious about the I.Q statistics there is an excellent video explaining all the different studies done on the subject. There are a few parts but heres the link for part one.

www.youtube.com...

Edit: Just to spread the love around I feel that I should point out all the good things ive noticed that blacks as a whole top other races. now this is just my opinion but i find that blacks are....

Athletic
Loyal to groups or causes
Brave/Courageous
Better Singers
Better Dancers
loquacious
Comedic

Now I'm not adding this to kiss any ass just to point out that there are differences to races as a whole and rightfully noting that there is exceptions to every rule such as stupid asians or physically inferior blacks. You have to step back, way back to see what im getting at here.

No what you posted was stereotypical tidbits that have been passed down for generations.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

reply to post by JBD1979

I think that particular line right there indicates why Zimmerman was concerned about a black man walking around in a mostly white upscale community.

Does it justify Zimmerman to follow this young black man? Absolutely not! He was not a police officer but captain of a neighborhood "watch" group." If this young black man was doing something suspicious like looking into windows of homes or dealing drugs in the neighborhood, Zimmerman should have just called the police from his home. He followed this kid with confidence because he had a gun to defend himself. The problem is, he was not in the position to follow someone who was just walking through the neighborhood. By doing that, he instigated an unfortunate confrontation.

If this was a white young man walking through this neighborhood, I don't think he would have gotten the attention of Zimmerman like Trayvon did. Jed Bush was right when he said this was not a stand your ground incident. Zimmerman pursued this young man even after the police told him not to. Trayvon did not walk up to Zimmerman and threaten him. Zimmerman pushed the envelope.

When people grow up into communities that are mostly black, white, Latino or Asian, someone from another culture stands out. They are a segregated community which causes paranoia when they see someone that doesn't seem to fit or belong in their community.

Every culture has had their own negative stereotypes unfortunately caused by parents continuing poor role models from previous generations. I'm Italian American and my cultural background has had some pretty bad reputations like the Italian Mafia and they have also been known for stealing, being loud hot heads (which I can be at times)
and revengeful. Are all Italians like this, heck no! I do know, it took a couple of hard working generations of Italians to change some of these negative stereotypes. I know the Italians, Irish and the Polish immigrants were discriminated against when they came to this country. Those earlier generations lived in the "ghettos," but they instilled in their kids, generation after generation, the importance of working hard, and getting an education to become successful so they may have a better life than they had.

African Americans really have to come together and change these negative cultural aspects in their communities to shed the paranoia and stereotypes a lot of cultures place on them . The statistics just don't lie. They're are some outstanding and highly educated and respected young African Americans that are being lost in the sea of high crime statistics and low achieving black students.

I think both individuals were wrong. Zimmerman should have never followed this young man but kept watch from outside his home. Trayvon, "if he did," should have never antagonized or intimidated Zimmerman if he was confronted. If he was innocently walking in the neighborhood, a calm simple explanation or "could you help me find my father's residence?" Should have been enough to calm Zimmerman's paranoia.

You are asking the impossible.Stereotyping is apart of a belief system and that person who holds that belief have to be the one to change not the people being stereotyped. Your whole post is stereotypical.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JBD1979

While what you say in your origional post is most likely true... It is still racial stereo typing which is in essence racist.

Racism will persist as long as people continue to define and themselves and others by race...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join