It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think we all need to get together and do something about whats happening in the world.

What do you see that's happening in the world? What change do you actually want to see?

Your implications and insinuations are so broad and scattered that it is difficult to actually ascertain any direct meaning behind your intention. I can tell you're angry at something and that you want someone to blame. We all do. You just seem to be going about it all wrong.

Your tone throughout this thread implies deep belief in the apparent fact that our world is deeply in trouble and that one central evil organization is behind an evil plot to destroy it.

One might confuse the issue by asking what you've seen over the years that would lead you to believe in this central organization, let alone the fact that it is actually evil, I just don't see a benefit in that.

I believe there is more benefit to be found in actually asking you how you would define evil.

Would you say it's evil to kill?

What if killing one individual would in turn save the lives of three? What if killing thousands would save the lives of millions?

Can you actually place the value on a single life, when compared to that of the masses?

The recent killing of Treyvon prove that the death of one can spur the movement of millions. One child dies and millions of lives will forever be changed. Is there value in that? Absolutely.

Let's consider for a second that 9/11 was actually a false flag attack as so many, including myself, believe. Can you define that so easily as evil? Isn't it plausible that the deaths of the thousands at the WTC has made the world a better place? Absolutely.

Stop and think about how you actually define evil and then apply that definition to the world around us over the past 100 years. Horrific events throughout history may not seem so bad when the alternatives are acknowledged, understood and weighed. It's actually quite amazing once you think about it. If you're capable of thinking about it.

I determined years ago that if my death is necessary to save the lives of those around me, then so be it. I will die a hero. Is there wrong in that?

Flawed logic feeds us the belief that we are all, individually, the center of the universe. This flawed logic coupled with a failed understanding of the interconnected nature of the world as a whole is what causes so many problems.

Once you sit back and realize that we are all connected and understand that one action, however small, maintains the ability to dramatically affect the lives of everyone around us, your world will be a better place.

Take a minute longer brushing your teeth on Monday before leaving for work and then spend the remainder of the day thinking about how that 1 minute may have saved your life, and ended another. Pay attention to the world around you and you will notice how a fraction of a second can forever change the world around us.

Then again, we could always just sit back and say... # just happens...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
blah
edit on 6-4-2012 by synaptixtrem3 because: gfbgff

<< 1  2   >>

join