It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reminder to Never Judge a Book by a Cover...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just had this come up on my tube channel and decided to have a watch. What I witnessed was absolutely amazing to the point of my feeling pure joy for this young man.

I watched it 3 times to make sure that the message of never judging a book by its cover was once again within me. All too often we are guilty of passing someone off as a "loser" or "idiot" simply because of their outward appearance.

And this guy has felt those stares and "quick to judge" attitudes all his life. You can see it in his eyes, his facial expression and the way he carries himself. The way he may be hiding behind his hair...But no more!

What I witnessed in the video was nothing short of a personal milestone and transformation where he will never be the same again. To see and hear the crowd in their support and to watch his life change before their eyes was absolutely beautiful. I believe that he has no idea what just happened but his path in life has forever changed.

Watch, Enjoy...I did.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Boom!
I hate the looks they all give him but as soon as he opens his mouth... ha! Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

edit on 25/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo, correction

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by jude11

Boom!
I hate the looks they all give him but as soon as he opens his mouth... ha! Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

edit on 25/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo, correction

A very powerful moment in his life indeed. I can only imagine the courage he summoned to get up on stage in front of that crowd.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, people are jerks.

Dude's got a big voice - a smaller body might explode.

Got chills a little, seriously amazing voice.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Yeah, people are jerks.

Dude's got a big voice - a smaller body might explode.

Yup, might have to wrap him in duct tape if he was smaller...
That voice is only going to get bigger.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm not an emotional type of guy, but something about his voice brought tears to my eyes. I think it was the combination of feeling sorry for him because of lack of confidence and the support of confidence his singing partner gave him.

I think we're all guilty for judging people at times for the way they look or act. This was a perfect example of why it's so wrong.

My wife loves opera and she overheard him singing while I was listening to it. She walked into the study and said "since when do you like opera?" She thought I was listening to a recording form Luciano Pavarotti! She was stunned to her this stunning voice coming from a 17 year old boy.

I truly think destiny brought his singing partner and him together. We need more people in this world that have compassion like this young girl.

As for Simon, he was quite rude as always, but you would think he would have been able to put aside his "ego" and acknowledge that greed and celebrity stardom isn't everything in life.

Thanks for posting this video. I think we all need to be reminded how we need to stop and listen before we judge people. s&f.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That was pretty good , love that feel good feeling when the underdog , comes thru so big , !

would def , buy their cd , great duet , talent comes in all size shapes and forms clearly .

screw simon ! lol ,
edit on 25-3-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by jude11

I'm not an emotional type of guy, but something about his voice brought tears to my eyes. I think it was the combination of feeling sorry for him because of lack of confidence and the support of confidence his singing partner gave him.

I think we're all guilty for judging people at times for the way they look or act. This was a perfect example of why it's so wrong.

My wife loves opera and she overheard him singing while I was listening to it. She walked into the study and said "since when do you like opera?" She thought I was listening to a recording form Luciano Pavarotti! She was stunned to her this stunning voice coming from a 17 year old boy.

I truly think destiny brought his singing partner and him together. We need more people in this world that have compassion like this young girl.

As for Simon, he was quite rude as always, but you would think he would have been able to put aside his "ego" and acknowledge that greed and celebrity stardom isn't everything in life.

Thanks for posting this video. I think we all need to be reminded how we need to stop and listen before we judge people. s&f.

Yup, Got a little choked up also...

And yes this girl, although not as talented, clearly has a big heart as well.

I hope to see them again.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
That was pretty good , love that feel good feeling when the underdog , comes thru so big , !

would def , buy their cd , great duet , talent comes in all size shapes and forms clearly .

screw simon ! lol ,
edit on 25-3-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

A very clear case of the under dog having his moment in the sun.

Simon is just show. He loves dogs, how mean is that?

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Simon was his usual rude self. He's right, of course, and she knows it, too, from her last comment. Reminds me of Paul Potts and Susan Boyle, two other major discoveries from BGT.

Paul Potts thread here

Susan Boyle thread here

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Simon was his usual rude self. He's right, of course, and she knows it, too, from her last comment. Reminds me of Paul Potts and Susan Boyle, two other major discoveries from BGT.

Paul Potts thread here

Susan Boyle thread here

Yeah, I was fortunate to catch those 2 as well. I guess I'm a BGT Geek...

After the auditions tho, I stop watching. I love the drama, the underdogs, crazies, kids...all that human stuff. As soon as they start getting over processed in the finals, I only update myself on youtube.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He just got very lucky.

That's all.

i'm sorry, but my cynicism is kicking in.

He'll be a novelty for a while. And the women will flock to him. But he will still be treated like a piece of dirt and basically a commodity to be bought and sold. The only thing women will see in him is either a steady paycheck or a notch in their belt or use him to increase their social status. He might have one or two food friends, but for the most part, he'll still be treated like a bag of puss.

i'm sorry to say.

That's the way the world works. The world does not tolerate uniqueness, unless it's making lots of money for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
He just got very lucky.

That's all.

i'm sorry, but my cynicism is kicking in.

He'll be a novelty for a while. And the women will flock to him. But he will still be treated like a piece of dirt and basically a commodity to be bought and sold. The only thing women will see in him is either a steady paycheck or a notch in their belt or use him to increase their social status. He might have one or two food friends, but for the most part, he'll still be treated like a bag of puss.

i'm sorry to say.

That's the way the world works. The world does not tolerate uniqueness, unless it's making lots of money for them.

Thanks for your input but...Please revisit the thread title.

Not ALL will come to pass as you so clearly believe. Many of us really do look past the outside. Sometimes we forget because of the World you mentioned that we live in. But thankfully, we can always give our head a shake and question ourselves before judging others.

You could at least try to have some joy for him in his moment. Maybe it will be the only one he gets as you seem to believe. So what? What's wrong with one moment of glory in an otherwise crappy World?

Of course that's only my opinion.

Peace

edit on 25-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
wow..

speechless here J11

that was absolutely awesome!

thank you for posting that..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Beautiful voice but I'm not sure why the female singer was basically made into some unnecessary back-up singer who was holding him back. She, too, had a gorgeous voice.

It just seemed like her microphone wasn't turned up as much as his.

They were both great, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sorry, but I can't do that. For every one like him there's a lot more people who have very good voices and good singing talent that don't make it.

He just got lucky, is all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Sorry, but I can't do that. For every one like him there's a lot more people who have very good voices and good singing talent that don't make it.

He just got lucky, is all.

On this I absolutely agree. Many more won't make it with a lot of talent.

But sometimes a break is just that...a break. And we don't all get one.

Plus...I have to give him credit for getting up there. Many talented people think it's beneath them to appear on a show such as this.

Oh well...lucky or not, he got his 15 minutes. More than most and I couldn't want it for too many others besides this guy.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Pssst... you're not supposed to agree. This is the internet. You're supposed to disagree, then take it personally, then insult, ridicule, and berate me for disagreeing with you.

On this particular site that means you must call me an NWO shill.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Pssst... you're not supposed to agree. This is the internet. You're supposed to disagree, then take it personally, then insult, ridicule, and berate me for disagreeing with you.

On this particular site that means you must call me an NWO shill.

ah, but I only agreed with your latter statement...some of it.

Besides, I can't even spell NWO.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I really hate the audiences & judges reaction pre-singing, then they hear him sing, and it's all okay again, for them...
disgusting..........

like they all feel in the pit of their stomache before he sings they THEY are better than him, you can read it on their faces.

makes me judge people even more really..
edit on 25-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join