It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am a Ron Paul supporter and why I don't support any of the other candidates.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Made a video on why I support Ron Paul. yes that's me in the wrinkled shirt unfortunately... If you cannot watch the video, the transcript is in the quote box below.

Why I am a Ron Paul supporter and why I don’t support any of the other candidates.
As you guys probably have guessed it, I am a Ron Paul supporter. I have been a Ron Paul supporter for many years now and I see this time; the 2012 presidential election that this is the last chance to restore sanity in America; with economic, political, foreign, and national policy. I don’t want to see my country go belly-up in bankruptcy because the Elitist financiers and big business (You know… the ones that were too big to fail) placing all the financial burdens on the taxpayers with no consequence or loss of their equity in their respected sector. This favoritism in Washington needs to stop and we the people need to stop supporting the candidates that are chosen by these elitists, corporations and bankers.

The candidates currently lined up for the GOP nomination are Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul. 3 out of these 4 people have a history of changing their stances on issues, supporting bailouts, raising the debt ceiling, and receive money from the big banks that caused our economic pain. Only 1 out of the 4 have stoop up against these too big to fail corporations and central banks (THE FED.) which have had a stranglehold on the USA since 1913 (Birth of the fed.)

For instance – look at Mitt Romney and who is his largest contributor: Goldman Sachs. Who is Goldman Sachs? Goldman Sachs is a large investment bank who has direct ties to the federal reserve. Some of their former board members have went on to be the treasury secretary or the fed chairman. The FED is the US central bank that loans the US government and other banks money that it prints out of thin air. This is called a fiat currency. Every time you print a dollar the dollar printed before it loses its value because it isn’t backed by anything solid – just faith. This is why prices for gas have been going up. The supply is there but the strength of the dollar isn’t. In order for the FED and these Banks to keep this power of printing money (Legal Counterfeiting.) they donate to campaigns that promise to keep them in power. Money buys power, and if you control the printing press; you control the power. This is just an example of why certain candidates do better than others financially and in the media. As George Carlin once said. – ‘Its an exclusive club and you aint in it!’

What my main point is that during any presidential election is that you need to follow who is donating to who to get a better feel on whose side they are really on. Example: Obama’s biggest contributor (yes you guessed it.) it was Goldman Sachs. But why are they donating to Romney? Easy question is easy… they are playing both sides of the game, manipulating the elections through media and financial backing to boost their puppet into office. If one does miraculously lose goldman still wins because they have that politician in their back pocket. This is how American citizens lose each and every time. There is no American voice anymore. It’s gone… as long as people fall for the two sided coin called the republican and democrat parties then there isn’t going to be any change. Just remember, follow the money. The answer is in plain sight.

Why should you vote for Ron Paul? Easy answer. He has a sensible foreign and domestic policy that puts the people in charge of their own life free from government obstruction. It gets the government out of our bedrooms, houses, businesses, family and re-focuses the federal government to enforcing its original purpose; following and enforcing constitutional law instead of deciding what kind of milk we should drink or which country needs to be bombed.

This is it for now. I will be posting more videos in the future. Stay informed and stay away from the Kool-Aid.

Ron Paul 2012 for peace and liberty!

Well thats about it... discuss!
edit on 3/25/2012 by ugie1028 because: Opps forgot to embed the video (facepalm)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am a Ron Paul supporter and will vote for him in the Ca primary, I like what he stands for, and Im tired of voting for one of two bad options served on a platter for me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You may be upset to find out, as I was upset when I found out, that the campaign makes no bones about "compromise". this happened yesterday. You may be a die-hard RP supporter but that doesn't mean the local campaign folks won't trade away some delegates or make deals with the devil like here where they cut a deal with Romney because he is apparently the least dangerous "to the concepts of liberty."

Not sure where they came up with that. NDAA, Patriot Act, RomneyCare anyone?

Don't let it happen at your caucus or primary.

lorienjohnson.com...

This group of about 25 peo­ple who have been lead­ing the Ron Paul move­ment in Kansas City with their blood, sweat, and tears, decided that between Santorum and Romney, Santorum was the most dan­ger­ous “to the con­cepts of lib­erty”. Therefore, they agreed to dia­logue with the Romney camp about a pos­si­ble com­pro­mise slate. Later in the week lead­ers of the local Paul strat­egy team met with the attor­neys from the Romney team and ham­mered out a compromise.

edit on 25-3-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

This was expected in my opinion. You cant go through the whole race without trading for or exchanging delegates at the local level.

But yea, reading that though does make me cringe a bit.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
WHY I SUPPORT PAUL
1- I only drink raw goat milk,,I am a poor farmer,,
2- Ron Paul supporters know more about politics than anyone elses supporters (CNN wants to keep you dumb)
3-The media does NOT elect MY president or influence my voting opinion
4-I support womens rights and equal rights among ALL
5-I dont like being told to wear a seatbelt or told to do anything else that isnt affecting or harming anyone else.
6-The constitution was written for a reason, USE IT
7-I dont like EXPANSION of GOV. =MORE LAWS
8-Ron Paul ,after research, has more class in his fingernail than ALL of the others.
9-Ron Paul brings hope to americans who have become awakened in this world of lies.
10- Look who supports him.NOT RICH PEOPLE RICH ENOUGH TO INFLUENCE ELECTIONS.
11-When CNN DOESNT LIKE SOMEONE...VOTE FOT THAT PERSON,,LOOK AT THEIR RECORD OF LIES.
12-He bitches about our freedom constantly and also warns us of the price.
13-He is the first guy to ever run that gets negative media attention FOR HIS PEACE POLICY.
14-He is the MOST EXPERIENCED.
15-HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO SERVED PERIOD.
16-ALL the others are liars even OBAMA.All the others recieve GOLDMAN SACHS money.
17-All the others scare me, especially the rick santorum snake handler followers,,all 15 of them.
18-Mitt Romneys Mormon flip flops and who the hell knows his stance on anything..it changes daily.
19-Newt,,i think we all get it.
20-Ron is the only one that talks about the value of the dollar PERIOD!
21-Obama does NOT go through congress sometimes and RON WILL.
22-More MONEY is being sent to other countries that could give each US CITIZEN 20,000 a year or more.
23-More blacks are imprisoned than whites for non-violent crimes.
24-Poor people without powerful attorneys get the CHAIR.
25-AGAINST THE DRAFT WHICH CAN BE A REAL THING IF U VOTE IN WARMONGERS.
26-Ron will make a MORE POWERFUL MILITARY HERE AT HOME.
27-Ron would NEVER try to pass bills like PATRIOT ACT,HR134 AND numerous other bills that take out rights.
28_Ron is the ONLY guy that doesnt make US PAY FOR HIS SECURITY..he has his fans for security.
29-Why do ONLY THE COOL PEOPLE I KNOW LOVE PAUL?
30-The price of gas WILL NEVER GO DOWN WITHOUT HIS IDEAS.
31-Bill Oreilly doesnt like him ,,nor any other MEDIA PUPPET WHO WANTS TO KEEP YOU STUPID AND BROKE.
32-Because the RICH people i know think that Romney can create jobs....blagahahahahahahhaha
33-I happen to like futurist types,,not people who buy into old scroll.
34-Thousands of women have entrusted him with their OB/GYN and NEVER did he do anything untoward.
35-cause ron Paul rules and the others are fools.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Rather late to the game. Doesn't matter. Paul has what? 50 delegates? We've been over and over Paul's great attributes for, umm, 5 years now? You'll notice the constant threads about how Paul "is ahead and will win" have tapered off now. He's not going to win the nomination. Most people realize that now. You may as well be talking up Ross Perot or Ralph Nader or John Edwards. It's over.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

not late to the game, the delegates have not even begun to be counted yet. the delegate count you see from the MSM are guesstimates based on the straw vote (except the winner take all states like Florida.)

all the other states are not bound to the results of that state when they count them in june, and at the convention in august.

No its not over... also... just read this not to long ago from Missouri.
Linkage

The final outcome of Missouri’s lengthy caucus process may not be known for months. Early results, however, indicate that Ron Paul may well walk away from the state with the most delegates. Yesterday, his supporters overwhelmed the largest pooled caucus – Jackson county, responsible for sending 179 delegates to the state and congressional district conventions – winning over two-thirds of the available delegate slots. Mr. Paul also swept St. Louis, winning all of the city’s 36 delegates.

Missouri’s second and third largest caucuses, which convened last Saturday, reported similar results. In Greene county (111 delegates), Paul backers won nearly 60% of the delegate slots. In St. Charles (147 delegates), they so thoroughly dominated that the county GOP chair, allegedly a Santorum supporter, adjourned the meeting and called in the police to prevent the election from taking place.

Its far from over... the delegate selection process is still going on. that's the real name of the game now... not unbounded straw poll votes which the media gets their guesstimates from.

edit on 3/25/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Epic video and nicely presented. I believe that if we are to prosper and grow, we must get rid of the corruption and greed that the bankers and their cronies present. $&F and keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The one reason I utmost support Ron Paul is because he is the only one running that is running for you, me and the future of this country. The only one.

Even if he doesn't win the presidency he still has opened the eyes of so many. He has showed us just how corrupt the system can be. Failed media, failed voting system and the failing monetary system.

Thank You Ron Paul, you're a true patriot.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Obama’s biggest contributor (yes you guessed it.) it was Goldman Sachs.

You do know this isn't money directly from the orginzation of Goldman Sachs...right?

Also...it's false...University of California was his biggest donor group in 2008...not Goldman Sachs. And this year it it Microsoft.
edit on 25-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You seem pretty sure... Take a look below.

Linkage

March 21 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama’s largest campaign donors last month included employees of Wells Fargo & Co., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., according to an analysis of Federal Election Commission records.

Their support indicates that Wall Street, which gave Obama $16 million for his successful 2008 White House run, is opening its checkbook again for the president. The contributions helped Obama raise $21 million in February, including $6.5 million transferred from a joint fundraising committee with the Democratic National Committee.

more fund raising... I wonder where goldman will be once the FEC updates the list on opensecrets. (last update was the 5th of this month)

Also from opensecrets.org... this is Romneys top contributor... goldman... take a look here.

same page just a little lower

aw crikey! look whose Romney's top contributor! GOLDMAN!

ok so back in 2008 Obama's second highest contributor was Goldman Sachs. I don't see how the rank of the donations makes any difference besides i said they were the top... well they were one of the top contributors. nitpick much?

it also looks like that these 'employees' or execs or whoever will be making donations to the Obama campaign again very soon.

so again ill state... the same backers for obama in 2008 are the same/similar ones that are donating to romney this time around (wall street) with lots of time to donate more money to both of their campaigns!

see what i mean? it doesn't mean crap about where they are ranked but rather that they are contributing to both sides of the game... which was my point! They are financially rigging the game.
edit on 3/25/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

keep in mind that those are district delegates only. That district only sends 3 delegates tobthe national convention. The entire state sends 28 I believe. the district delegates go to the disteict convention to elect the national delegates in april. after that there is the state convention. so, those numbers arent as meaningful as yoi might think.

that also means the romney numbers arent that meaningful either. national delegates are the ones that matter and they arent picked yet, in most cases.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I understand those are not the final numbers, but the percentages that are moving onto the next round are Ron Paul supporters which is a very good sign for the Paul Campaign.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ron Paul is controlled opposition just like, for example, Kucinich for the left. You think the elite will leave their mega power vulnerable to the whim of the impressionable peasantry? Dems and repubs, ALL of them, are one team working for the plutocracy. Voting changes nothing.

Some will lash out and say, "so what else do you propose? Nothing? Shut up, then. Voting it is!"

How insane is that?! Are you so afraid to accept the TRUTH that sticking your head in the sand is the only viable option? We should be accepting elections to be the charade they are and stop wasting time with electoral kabuki theatre. The time to discuss alternate options is now.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Believe in who you want but if you vote for anyone but the repub candidate you are voting for Obama and the death of this country.there will be only two choices,no matter how good Rep Paul is

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I will say Ron Paul from what I have seen does not flip flop. and I do agree with some of his views. But a large majority of his views are just way out there. If Paul ever becomes president (thank god he wont) I hope you are a truly self sufficient person. I don't just mean have a job and not being on welfare. I mean having thousands of dollars in the bank or stuffed under your mattress. Do you happen to live in a hurricane prone area? Well if you do Paul does not believe you deserve any help from the government. Your fault you live there. Never-mind if you simply cant afford to move. Well you should have insurance for hurricanes. Well guess what? Even if you do have it you still may not get paid for quite some time. Maybe 2+yrs You have enough money to last that long. You have family and friends out of the area you can get to and stay with indefinitely. If you do great. I know I don't. All my family and friends are right here within 20miles of me. And that goes for a large portion of people. Can you survive without a job while still paying on all your bills until everything is settled? The same goes for snowstorms, earthquakes, drought, wildfire, tornadoes. I think that covers the whole country.

Now lets look at the bailouts. I was against the bailouts but they worked. Now I like to know where would we be if they had not happened. Well we can look at Lehman brothers for that. We refused to bail them out and look what happened. That had repercussions world wide. That one firm failing was the catalyst for our whole economic collapse. Did it need to happen, yes it did. That one firm virtually destroyed the US, UK, and French economy. Had the bailouts on the others not been done this crisis would have been much worse. We would have been seeing unemployment rates in the high teens and just now getting to 10-11% Things would have been much worse for the people. Forget unemployment extensions or mortgage help. Without these 2 things (which were part of the bailout) thousands if not tens of thousands more Americans would have lost their homes.

Paul would not have instituted these things. I for one am one of the many that benefited from some of these programs done with bailout money. The programs that Obama started have allowed me to become a useful member of society. Paul would not have started these programs, and he would most likely cut them if ever elected. So do your self a favor, look at what he stands for and how that will impact you directly. The only way see Paul being the choice for anyone is if they are independently wealthy.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

No, a vote for Paul is a vote for liberty, and rule of law. What shrills fail to understand is that there are those amongst the American people who understand that acquiescence is the same as acceptance. Tell me, do you accept living under a totalitarian dictatorship? If so you do not deserve that liberty which has been stolen from you, and you deserve to live as cattle.

To give a quote:

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

You have already failed, obviously, but we will always get back on our feet, we will not stay down.

To those of you who have already acquiesced, and accepted defeat, have fun living life on your knees.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ugie, thank you for your efforts! Great videos!
You make me proud to support Ron Paul!

top topics

join