It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and military investigations of LED-light accelerated healing - where did you go?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Way back when we were still based out of Huntsville, out at Marshall Space Flight Center there was an interesting project running. On one of the general conspiracy threads something came up that jogged my memory and I thought I'd post it, since I don't recall ever having seen it come up here as a topic.

There was a doctor named Harry Whelan who had the idea that, based on other research going on, he could stimulate various enzyme systems in cells using near-IR and visible light. By picking out specific wavelengths, he could hit qm resonances in those systems sort of the way you do IR spectroscopy. So they did some research on it, and picked a few wavelengths that seemed promising in that they should stimulate the mitochondria by kicking over the cytochrome enzymatic systems. Basically, he wanted to cause the cells to pick up the pace a bit.

There's a problem that you don't hear about a lot - in space and in submarines, for probably the same reason, whatever that is, you just don't heal very well. So the Navy and NASA were sort of interested in it. They did the project there in Huntsville.

It turned out to be really interesting - in normally healing folk like SEALs, they could patch them up in about half the time, the sub guys and astronauts got a bigger boost. And once you were 'zapped', you not only healed faster that time, you tended to KEEP that ability later. It even healed nerve damage which they weren't expecting, so they did some more investigation.

There were the usual studies, and the effects tended to replicate well. The gubmint spent some tax dollars on developing the LEDs you needed - you couldn't just pick up any off the shelf part - the wavelengths were really picky and most of them weren't stock.

There were clinical trials that looked promising.

I still see research by the same cast of characters, but it's something I haven't seen pursued as seriously as you'd have expected.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This could be one of those projects that are now classified for reasons of "national security".

Which you can translate into "we need to shield this from general view because if this were implemented in medicine on a large scale pharma would generate much less income which hurts that sector, free-market economy and the control of the general population".

Extremely interesting material, thanks.

S+F
edit on 25-3-2012 by MoonMine because: clarify

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
One thing that could be an issue - accelerated cell activity COULD speed up aging.

to add: what about reversing the process? That COULD slow down aging.

Once zapped live 2x longer?
edit on 25-3-2012 by MoonMine because: Anti-aging too?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
One thing that could be an issue - accelerated cell activity COULD speed up aging.

to add: what about reversing the process? That COULD slow down aging.

Once zapped live 2x longer?
edit on 25-3-2012 by MoonMine because: Anti-aging too?

I think I remember hearing about such effects on astronauts who spend long period of time in spacestations. It make sense thinking that if cell regeneration is speed up that in consequance aging does so also.

and vice versa

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

We can imagine that the big pharms jumped onto that idea-- with both feet and got it suppressed.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
BUMP - For visibility

Important topic....

Third line to justify claiming this space.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I work in a hospital where this medical scientist is using lasers with mice to regenerate tissue.

The reason I was able to interface with the scientist is because I hooked up the electricity for his laser.

He said in 10 years we will have handheld lasers and stitches will be a thing of the past.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Us saltwater enthusiasts have already realized the potential for led lighting and was one of the main reasons why I switched all my reef tanks to led. I can completely control the spectrum of light by using differing individual leds and by dimming the spectrum or increasing it, I can go from 6500k all the way up to 20000k. Not to mention when blending different color output leds the possibilities are endless. And I think of photosynthetic corals to be very similar to humans by way of tissue, absorption of trace minerals and calcium uptake for growth. So in my mind if it works for them why not us.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

thats a very logical but unlikable way of thinking hah

i want BOTH.

live VERY long, heal very good VERY fast, and awesome.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

TY for informative links. The heelspur link I liked....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Winky blinky lights? Get 'em here!
www.mylightwave.com...
www.revitalight.com...
heelspurs.com...

Ah, but these have clinical tests and FDA trials. Not to mention scholarly papers from sources you've actually heard of, and performed in legitimate labs.

edit to add:

I guess what's puzzling me is why it had such good lab and clinical trial results and then - nothing. Although there's still lots of scholarly research going on - check out the "related links" to the right on the nih link, which I think was my first one.

I could sort of envision velcro'd on knee and ankle illuminators - some mistakes we carry with us forever.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Rife discovered light healing long before these guys and it was suppressed google royal rife. Can't have the sheep stop buying big pharmas poisons and needing expensive medical treatments that kill and maim almost half their patients

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

But like you said...what happened to further trial?
In lieu of trials...go to market! Now! It is FDA approved after all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

But like you said...what happened to further trial?
In lieu of trials...go to market! Now! It is FDA approved after all.

They didn't even really do that so much. At least the original researchers didn't. It looks like the LED fab guys making the illuminators started marketing them.

I don't even see the usual pre"meh, never mind" test failures. There doesn't seem to be any research that says "it's all placebo", at least not that I ever found. It just sort of wound down from the implementation side. Hell, there's still a ton of legitimate active research going on in the area. The Navy guys out at Redstone were ecstatic over the thing at the time.

edit to add:

Sounds like it's time to go after Whelan for an explanation.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm not sure of your point. Infrared therapy doesn't seem to have gone away. It seems to work.
Whether or not it works well enough to be of great benefit...
edit on 3/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Winky blinky lights? Get 'em here!
www.mylightwave.com...
www.revitalight.com...
heelspurs.com...

I had no idea there were already some form of implementations like these floating around...

Hiya Phage, been a while since we were in the same thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Rife discovered light healing long before these guys and it was suppressed google royal rife. Can't have the sheep stop buying big pharmas poisons and needing expensive medical treatments that kill and maim almost half their patients

What was really interesting about Rife was the special microscope he developed which allowed him to study e.g. live cancer cells and the effects of exposing cultures to sounds of different frequencies.

It was a truly revolutionary device which cannot be matched even by modern microscopes because he had an entirely different approach to optics.

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mid-orange is the DNA healing colour. I think it is 650nm. This is the 'magical' wavelength.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I'm not sure of your point. Infrared therapy doesn't seem to have gone away. It seems to work.
Whether or not it works well enough to be of great benefit ...

IR therapy as in heating for muscle sprains is around. Trying to induce accelerated healing by direct manipulation of enzyme systems I don't see so much. Most of what I see looks like the links you posted, instead of, say, some mainstream clinical implementations.

edit to add: I get a few days off, I might see if I can lure Whelan out here, if not maybe he'll at least expound on it in an email

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join