It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized Crime/Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is my first thread. For the sake of discussion I would like to bring up the idea that politics is fundamentally corrupt. Trying to make a difference by getting involved in politics is like getting involved with the mob because you are unsatisfied with the way they are conducting organized crime in your neighborhood.

I don't vote because politics is fundamentally corrupt. I love Ron Paul, but I don't understand why he continues to play the game when he is the only one following the rules. There seems to be a revolving door between corporations and politics. Doesn't it seem like a conflict of interests that Dick Chaney was the CEO of Halliburton before he became Vice President, then Halliburton made countless gillions of dollars on military contracts while he was Vice President.

Politics is just like working in sales. Its all about the money. Steal sales, fake sales, create false churn to make it look like there are more sales. Lie to your boss and the customer and your co-worker and get as much money as you possibly can form every possible source and get promoted before you get caught. As long as we are all breaking the rules none of us can be held accountable.

I say don't play the game. Plant your garden, help your neighbor plant theirs, loan your neighbor the truck so he can get fire wood. Share a chicken coop or a honey beehive with them. Help and share. Get involved in your community to make a positive change. Community is productive. Politics is poison.
edit on 24-3-2012 by CCLLCCLL because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The movie "There will be blood" is probably one of the most realistic I ever watched. Not only did it encapsulate politics, but religion as well.

Some may have thought it boring, but you're on the right track.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The process of social organisation and distribution of power is a hard game. It has a long bloody history and been at the centre of conflict and wars for a very long time. Around the world there are many different forms, cultures and interconnections as there is a very complex pecking order getting established between 8 or so billion people. Along the way there have been many difficult and painful lessons, so guidelines are in constant evolution and development to reflect the situation and help level the playing field. It is the system of politics that is responsible for defining the legal framework and direction for social order. It does relate to the concept, definitions and workings of crime very closely.

One example of this is how the courts are not to touch the 9/11 issue as it can interfere with greater military and economic objectives. In this greater sense it can bee seen that the US is acting like a toddler in the daycare centre that is the UN, as basic humanitarian decency is put aside for wants. Relatively, the UN is still a young organisation with the rules of war still fresh as they do bypass a lot of complexity with their implementation. If it does not all fall apart along the way, hopefully one this world will finally grow up.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's all Poli-tricks and nothing more.

Look at our current presidential race. They flash Newt, Mitt and Santorum all over tv until we're sick of them. Throw in this murder of a black teenager who Obama says "looks like his son" and you got a 2nd term.

Santorum on Satan (imagine Obama saying stuff like this) :

edit on 25-3-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I remember There will be blood. Mostly I remember thinking, "Daniel Day Lewis is good at being crazy!" But your right, good example.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In watching History, Science, NatGeo, blah, blah, blah channels for years I have watch dozens of specials which tie our government directly with Mafia.
One I recall in particular is during WWII when our government met with, joined with and franchised the Mafia for both dry and wet work against our enemies, first I believe in Italy.
I say first, because I don't know how many times or places our government conspired with the Mafia.
It appears every year there is more and more secret documents released which reveal more involving seemingly illegal or othewise stupid connections to the Mafia, countries the US backed in wars against our enemies, etc.
I believe the question today is, who haven't we payed off for one reason or another?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"It is the system of politics that is responsible for defining the legal framework and direction for social order..."
reply to post by kwakakev

I really feel that what you have said is what we are supposed to think. As long as we think there is a good reason for it we don't pay attention to what politicians are really doing, building giant vacuums to suck as much money as possible away from the masses.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Wow! i can't believe how many people eat that crap up! I was raised by a family of people who eat that crap up so I know. I don't know how old I was when I realized if you boiled those sermons down to one sentence they say, "SATAN is gonna getcha unless you give me money."

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL

"It is the system of politics that is responsible for defining the legal framework and direction for social order..."
reply to post by kwakakev

I really feel that what you have said is what we are supposed to think. As long as we think there is a good reason for it we don't pay attention to what politicians are really doing, building giant vacuums to suck as much money as possible away from the masses.

There is a reason, wither or not it is a good reason tends to lean towards the side of the corporatocracy these days. In part this is due to the growing complexity of social structure and limited capabilities of government to cohesively address all the issues. Yeah it sucks, but it can still suck a lot more.

I am not sure how much the internet helping in understanding and processing some of the bigger problems and issues going on, but its effect does appear to be gradually growing.

top topics

join