It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare: Illinois to expect a major quake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was taking a break from some art work and decided to watch some TV. I was watching a bit of the NCAA tournament and a commercial that came on really got my attention:

www.youtube.com...

It is an extremely goofy commercial made by Eastern Illinois University students. "An earthquake, but were in Illinois?!" Is a comment made by one of the actors. Now its true Illinois does have quakes, but not often. Last one I experienced I believe was 1-2 years ago stemming from Gilberts Illinois. It was a good size.

I bring this up because of the crazy weather and natural disasters happening. I just made a thread a few days ago about how I was smelling wave after wave of sulfur in the McHenry county area. That could have been anything though. This commercials makes me wonder even more, along with current events.

Here is a link to the full site: www.ready.illinois.gov...

So what do I take from this? Prepare yourself Illinois. I live about an hour west of Chicago and these commercial are airing here.

R5
edit on 24-3-2012 by Relative Five because: grammer

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
...wellsheeeet. kane co. I knew I should have gone up to wisconsin this weekend xD

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Southern Illinois here.

Thanks for the heads up.

I remember the one a few years back. My first earthquake that I actually felt.

Scared the crap out of me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I remember that as well. the only reason I woke up is because I had a piggy bank collection and they starting clinging together (slowly at first, then faster) and then BAM.
I FREAKED.
ran out of my room, and then ran back into it xD. I was younger at the time and still half delirious from just waking up, so I was freaked out that someone/thing was under my bed shaking it. so I took a running start and jumped onto it and hid under my blankets xD.
edit on 24-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

EDIT: you know what would be cool? if the ATS'ers within close range of each other all came together and just talked about this kind of stuff. conspiracy stuff and the like. not many of my friends like doing that.
maybe even make preparedness plans or something xD

edit on 24-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I actually felt that quake up in SW Michigan. I was just waking up when it hit and my door to my bedroom was rattling a bit and my bed was lightly shaking. It came in 2 waves about 30 seconds apart. So quakes in this region definitely aren't out of the question, it's just a question of how big and when.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

I remember waking up at night to the bed shaking frantically. I was awoken from such a good sleep I kinda just wake up and was like "ehhh" and went back to sleep. haha. Gotta have my sleep.

Just saw you posted on my other thread as well. Indeed it does seem like there are quite a few of us that live in the area. (pretty cool). Im glad I can get insight and opinions from people close by.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Im down. Send my a private message and we can maybe get others together as well and talk about this kind of stuff in general. Preparedness/prepers is pretty much a taboo topic. When I moved into my roomates house, I was bringing in boxes full of #10 canned food, water jugs and other supplies and he was like WTF? Thing is though, he is waking up to the idea that it is smart to have a backup...even in Illinois.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The funny thing is that I felt the aftershock that later that day also.

I was in court
It was on the second floor of the county courthouse and i was sitting in the seats on the side of the courtroom waiting to see the judge. I was the next one up and the judge called a 5 minute recess. While me and this girl sitting next to me waited, I looked up at her and said here comes another earthquake. She looked at me funny and then a few seconds later the building shook a little. I felt the floor move ever so lightly several seconds before everyone else.

She looked at me with the funniest look in her face, like I was a prohpet or something

I told her that I really did not want to die at the courthouse, that would suck

No bs....I felt it before everyone....It was wierd..

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
hahaha oh man! thats insane!
that girl probably tells all of her friends about you being psychic xD

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Someone mentioned in a thread a recent while back, to just go look at the (major) rivers. I think he meant their draining, per edgar casey, along with very deep subterranian fissures forming. I live mere blocks from the mighty Mississipi. so I will have to take keen note, next time I (literally) cross that bridge. Anyone noticing anything unusual about those rivers? Are they higher or lower?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We just had a 2.4 on January 29,.
You should check your other thread, I think others mentioned that too.
I know some have speculated that New Madrid has fisseled out. I don't think so. We live in an area that has alot of noise. I look at those heligraphs everyday. I think I almost drove Puterman goofy asking him to check this and that. What I have learned is that it is very hard to read them. And because we have so much manmade noise around here, for a novice like me, it's near impossible to decipher. I'm not giving up. I have made a few contacts at CLC, and MCC. I hope they will be able to help me out.

We all need to be aware and prepared. For any kind of emergency.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've felt two quakes in Illinois before, which were relatively small but still scary. Can't imagine how people here would react to a major quake, since most people that I know have a "that doesn't happen here" mentality.

But people in my little town are smelling a strong sulfur odor coming from our water. No factories nearby and this is the first time I've smelled sulfur from any water tap.

join