It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Friends" wanting your stuff when you move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This just shows what people really care about. I'm moving to Scotland, and I keep getting "Hey man, if you need me to take any of this heavy stuff off you before you move, I'd be glad to HELP!" AARGRGRGH!!!
The stuff in question is valuable studio equipment they KNOW I use to record music. I just find this insulting. This isn't a giveaway, and its like they're implying I don't need it anyway (even though im going there to study #ing music). Its funny how these people come out of the woodwork. None of these so called friends were there for me when I lost my dad, yet they just expect me to give them a bunch of # because we're "so close." I don't even talk to them anymore because every time I do, they're droppin hints that they want my stuff!
Like im just gonna throw money down the toilet! TO YOU?!
PEOPLE SUCK
/rant

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Do you have the option of using paid storage for your music equipment. If so, do it. Screw the vultures. Just tell them...."no I gave it all away to my close friends"....

Or, tell them you have no intention of getting rid of any of it. You have plans to use it in your musical career.

Des

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You know that tried and true prank with the dog doodoo in the flaming paper bag? This makes me want to do this to your "friends".

I hope you do well over their and get real friends.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Those people aren't your friends, they're just mooches trying to get free stuff. Tell them to piss off. There are too many people in the world who are quick to take but refuse to give.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
so what you saying is that i cant have your stuff?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
."no I gave it all away to my close friends"....

HA! I like that one!

There are way too many vultures in the world, and its hard to find real friends. Id like to tell these backstabbers what I think of them and their friendship, but I've tried that before. They just don't understand empathy, they don't understand that alienating me when I needed them made things much worse, and that i hate them for it.
I will take this stuff with me to the grave before I ever give it to one of these a holes.

and no biigs, you can not has!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It seems to me most people become your friend simply to use you.

I gave up trying to make new friends long ago, unfortunately I just find it hard to trust anyone anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well sometimes it IS a good thing to put stuff you might not be able to take (or too expensive to move) to a better place and it might be a freind.

But if someones moving they generally just got extremely poor recently and putting their crap on ebay would be the sane thing to do.

Is it still bad if they just offer to take some of your stuff at a price that helps both parties out - is that still very rude?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
well sometimes it IS a good thing to put stuff you might not be able to take (or too expensive to move) to a better place and it might be a freind.

But if someones moving they generally just got extremely poor recently and putting their crap on ebay would be the sane thing to do.

Is it still bad if they just offer to take some of your stuff at a price that helps both parties out - is that still very rude?

Yes, but in my situation its not the best choice.
No, I dont feel like that would be rude. In fact i need money and I would definitely consider giving them something i have for some cash or something else I need. Its the fact they want it for free (very expensive stuff) that bothers me, and I am moving out partly because of financial issues. When times are tough, I have these items to fall back on.They don't give a flying FUUH about me, they just want me stuff they're obvious about it. Thats what ticks me off

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Those aren't friends....forget about them,,,,you're going to freakin SCOTLAND!!! I have always wanted to go there....always been drawn to it for some reason. Get some good friends there.....and ROCK that music!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Those aren't friends....forget about them,,,,you're going to freakin SCOTLAND!!! I have always wanted to go there....always been drawn to it for some reason. Get some good friends there.....and ROCK that music!

Thats the plan!
I'm glad I'm lucky enough to leave all this behind.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The people who I met in Scotland and Ireland on my trip there last year were infinitely better that my own group of selfish, unloving assholes that I unfortunately call friends. I hope that you can get your gear there and find new, true friends

top topics

join