It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are going to die. Death philosophies...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I hope you overcome your terminal illness soon. But for now, could you explain more on your theory of this mass energy flow between all living things? I just want to know how it works more kind of...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think that some ponder death more than others. I would also think that pondering death could have the result you mention (life appreciation) and the opposite, total disregard, and then probably a few in between.

I have always found this line from a Sigmund Freud article interesting...

We cannot, indeed, imagine our own death; whenever we try to do so we find that we survive ourselves as spectators.

If you're so inclined, here is the article that quote is from:

Sigmund Freud (1856–1939). Reflections on War and Death. 1918.

II. Our Attitude Towards Death

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think this is a beautiful statement.

I believe the soul always exists and it is only the body that dies. I base these beliefs on my families accounts of the visible spirits of family members seen in the past, near death experiences all over the world, accounts of reincarnated children and my own communication with my soul/spirit.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
im so not scared of dying... im sad to say im even looking forward to it :S...
I really cant stand this world... i cant stand its politics and its monetary system...
So im stuck in life... been so for 6 years or so... with no motivation to do anything... But ive pondered over death
like most human beings. And ive theorized about the same stuff as you... Also that
earth might just be a illusion, a figment of our collective imagination... And maybe what comes after death too...
All i know is ill be screaming for truth no matter were i end up...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hello your in luck CommandoRenegade,

I think I may be able to help you better cope with life/death a bit easier. I get that your wanting something on the lines of a general theory of purpose, life and the bigger picture to put this death biz into perspective.

Want to warn you though, I have a long answer for such major questions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

First, fear & doubts about this stuff is quite rational. Excessive fears lasting for many months may not be. Problems with living can create a damping field or subjective feeling of darkness closing in, of time seeming to drag on forever bleakly. As one descends this state one feels less connected or able to recall ones happier moments of life either. These happier moments existed/exist as real but may become distorted by ones "changed" considerations.

Ones thoughts about life create a great deal of ones feeling and future hope in it. Bad things can begin to hammer you into doubt and loathing for the future. This negative mental state has observable and definable variables. This state of mind creates a warped sense of being trapped. The key is not death or suicide as an escape. Trust me please.

If you were to kick the bucket tomorrow the fist thing you'd notice is your consciousness viewing a broken body. You would become VARY confused that your still around to see it. You would spend the next few days pondering and roaming in shock, chasing your lifeless carcass around like a lost puppy. Most souls go to their funerals and get all upset when people stop to have lunch afterwards. Dismayed that no one is going insane with grief you'll soon get fuming angry. You wont have any "glands" producing these chemicals, but you'll somehow "feel" all sorts of emotions anyhow. You, if you were like me last "life" cycle will wonder and contemplate all those goodies and way more perhaps. Time in a disembodied state seems to pass vary quickly... like life is passing you by. Well it is!

This sense of time passing and your inability to "matter" out of body will soon cause you to look for another meat shell or game to play with others. You may just plan your new life to all work better next time or if your really, really messed-up stay caught in a mental loop or as "we the living" call... become a haunting.

Hauntings are souls in extreme shock of sudden death/loss or worse, a soul hiding from life being a turd to everything out of un-worked resentment, rage you name it. Death only puts a stronger reality on your personal immortality and the responsibility it carries.

When you reach the certainty you can not die as a soul a few things may present themselves. One, if you are in emotional hell at this stage you will likely degrade in ability even more. As ability or ones consideration of doing, having and knowing become degraded, then thrust against infinity... all crap will hit the fan!

Souls can assume what modern science calls "dark matter". Dark matter is nearly imperceptible except by advanced mathematics/physics equations. This state of being is of hiding and denying ones being-ness to all, refusing to play the game but being too oblivious and incompetent to end it either. Thats the lowest any soul can descend apparently, but not the only low form one may take.

One can become more conscious of this universal construct and escape those negative states of reasoning. It is thought alone that will enslave or free you. Waiting for material confirmation is deferring ones power to exterior things or the game itself. This universe can be a prison for your mind... a game you forgot you agreed to play.

This Game called LIFE has always existed, but had an beginning of a sorts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

CONTINUED ON A SECOND MESSAGE...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
CONTINUATION OF FIRST MESSAGE

Creative forces are everywhere and quite observable, such as life organizing itself, gravity doing its thing or light predictably acting. One may take such things or events for granted as "normal" but why would the clockwork order of chemistry, etc be a natural byproduct of chaos?

Why do particles of stuff keep doing what their doing if not for some type of memory print? I believe all particles have a history and act upon the present due to an encoded or created past in them. DNA is a even better example of some sort of directed memory data manifesting in the present with knowledge/attributes to help it keep manifesting further...right?

Perhaps God is not necessarily all knowing or powerful and micro-managing... maybe God was/is just the first drive or awareness opposed to pure nothingness. Other words because something-ness observably exist one could conclude absolute nothingness only exist as an engine or potential to be filled by creation perpetuating itself.

The moment something views/acts upon nothing the nothingness is then observed/defined and the continuation of acting forces keep making stuff from nothing.

Two objects seem not to occupy the same space otherwise they become a new combined object and perhaps thats the only reason we realize differences in this universe at all. Also the mind creates novel new ideas and since ideas can be remembered and transfered they too likely hold mass and weight. If the human mind that supposedly came from chaos can "create" new matter in this universe then why not something way before us like God?

If something or someone creates something new it should still be influenced by the things around it and before it... hence we are likely the products of earlier creators and those creators perhaps by one God point creator.

This God point could only define by mirroring itself because thats all at one point their was. Once God made a second in its image this "directed action" necessity created a spherical light or the simplest 2-D form of contrast imaginable then.

This second object by default made distance/time possible because now their was another object to see, etc. This second God object was exactly like the first and could make its own object and so on to infinity. This geometric explosion of creation/viewpoints in space is what us modern humans call the big bang theory.

As objects had more variables they/early creators concluded many new conditions and games. This God point cannot be perceptibly located by time because it did not directly create time and many of the elements we currently use to calculate time have arbitrary orders assigned to them mainly because of this.

The one true God (I reason) only created the totality of God's self into another. This other/self by accident of being projected as an object by God... made time, space or distance between objects, beginnings of geometry and second dimensional reality, etc. To clarify I reason God never intended the creation of time it just happened as a result of this pure division intention. This I also believe was the genesis of a subconscious mind/reaction chance universe potentials.

This extra bit that God or others never intend but happen anyway is the freewill chaos element in harmony with the intended fated creation element. Without some element of freewill/randomization no true purpose could exist. Without "potential nothingness" creation would own all and fate would be the only conclusion.

Without some choice or chaos nothing would be true or ideal or actual accomplishment... right? It would be a universe of pure force and we would all be puppets who somehow figured out what puppets shouldn't know to begin with... yeah right!

If God exist and that seem vary probable to me, then God would want the same for us as God's self...right? By my reasoning God must because God could only make an exact copy of God's self anyhow. Everything else is a game or effect of others games.

As one progresses towards higher controlled creation one makes ones "life/s" better by shear responsibility of ones causes vs others effects. One need not strive for 100% perfection because then no more cause will happen when reached.

Too little control/proper responsibility= pain and suffering. Too much control or perfection= lack of purpose/suffering. Vary good but not perfect control/creation= true heaven and what I believe Gods only and single best creation is/was. Timeless infinity for all creative creatures

DEATH seems far from absolute, nor is pain or fear forever. You need only do your best and in time this stuff will make more sense. In time you may surpass all I said here... I only ask that you give your helpful testament to others. I hope this helps you. peace man.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was thinking about this probably the best description ever is the last scene of the last episode of the Sopranos. Remove the input of you as a viewer and everything just goes black and stays that way.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
in my experiences pondering death i resort to the tibetan book of the dead when it states that death is just the return to the place from witch you came(the void)when you die you should hav achieved inner peace and happies and some sort o knowlege of these teachings without it ur soul will not hav held onto are gift of choice,to remain in the void or to return to this plain of exsistence to finish learing the lessons we feel we hav not acomplished.but without ever learing any of these teachings and lessons are soul will hav forgotn are gift of choice and become frightened and forced to seak out were life begins for all living creatures (the mothers womb )....the way i see death jus learn lessons become knowlegable.dnt fear death for you will will lose are gift of choice and become stuck in the spiral of life/death as long as this dimensional vibration is were are consicousness seems to exsist.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I just watch television

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join