It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitution a Theistic document?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
so what do you think?

is the United States Constitution a theistic document and furthermore if it does have theistic influence then which branch of theistic belief would that be and where could it have come from.

and what about other Nations Constitutions?
edit on 23-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

All of man's laws are based on God's laws, now they are loosely based on his laws, but in years passed they were more deeply rooted in the Word of God.

lol fail

All of "God's laws" are mans laws that they ascribed to "God" to get people to obey out of fear.

And the "Word of God" is a collection of books that was decided upon by popular vote.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

so what do you think?

is the United States Constitution a theistic document and furthermore if it does have theistic influence then which branch of theistic belief would that be and where could it have come from.

and what about other Nations Constitutions?
edit on 23-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

All of man's laws are based on God's laws, now they are loosely based on his laws, but in years passed they were more deeply rooted in the Word of God.

lol fail

All of "God's laws" are mans laws that they ascribed to "God" to get people to obey out of fear.

And the "Word of God" is a collection of books that was decided upon by popular vote.

Sez you.

Those laws weren't about getting people to obey out of fear, it was about implementing order out of chaos. The second covenant came and the civil laws were negated leaving only the 10 commandments left. Doesn't matter if the books were decided by men on "popular vote" the messages contained therein are the important parts.

Lol, fail troll is fail.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

civilization and society come to mind first thing...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Even before then. According to the jewish beliefs where christianity came from, the original sin was not eating an apple. The original sin was Eve sleeping with Lucifer and creating a monster, Cain the first murderer which was the first act of adultery so it shows you that even then the laws were in place.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe the Constitution, especially the Bill Of Rights, is a theistic document. Everything in the BoR is anathema to christian values. I'll give a couple of examples:

There is no such thing as freedom of religion in Christianity. The commandment is "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Which means that you have absolutely no choice in the matter and must worship the Judeo Christian God.

There is no such thing as the right to free speech. Here's the litmus test: express an opinion like "I personally believe Jesus was a faggot who had anal sex with ten year old children". You see, while that may be a disgusting thing to say, a society that values free speech allows people to express unpopular opinions like that without retaliation (except for possibly a few choice words from people who would find it offensive). In a Christian society it's called blasphemy and you'd be expelled from the church, either whipped or put in jail for saying something like that. Christianity does NOT value free speech in any way shape or form. All speech MUST be tailored to worship Jesus Christ. There is no other choice in the matter.

There are many other examples of how the BoR violates Christian values, so it can not be a theistic document. At the very least, I will never be convinced that it is.

America is meant to be a country of freedom and liberty. Not forcing people to one religion. The Constitution is meant to reflect that attitude.

Unfortunately there's too many idiots in today's society who do not value liberty and allowing people personal choice at all.

Note: I humbly apologize for my use of something offensive. The point was to illustrate the differences between a Christian society and values between a secular society and values.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Even before then. According to the jewish beliefs where christianity came from, the original sin was not eating an apple. The original sin was Eve sleeping with Lucifer and creating a monster, Cain the first murderer which was the first act of adultery so it shows you that even then the laws were in place.

the apple is 'knowledge' or (science generalized) eh?

Lucifer defied God first, I understand this too which then in turn tempted eve. Our original sin has root to make me feel it is not the original but the second sin.

edit on 29-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

all the documents were drafted very well... bird of a feather flock together and we know the mindsets of the founders.

we didn't have the net back then, America hadn't invented it yet...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
America is meant to be a country of freedom and liberty. Not forcing people to one religion. The Constitution is meant to reflect that attitude.

and America is just that... we force no one into religion here, the masses set out to convince others that's all. We have separation of church and state the Feds are just the bouncers at the party.

you can be whatever you want here as long as society will accept it and it is lawful...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join