It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitution a Theistic document?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
so what do you think?

is the United States Constitution a theistic document and furthermore if it does have theistic influence then which branch of theistic belief would that be and where could it have come from.

and what about other Nations Constitutions?
edit on 23-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is Deistic, not Theistic.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Heres a question. Does it matter if its theistic or deistic?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
it mentions a "Creator"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
it mentions a "Creator"

You're thinking of the Declaration of Independence... but yes, that too is a "Deistic" document in that it mentions a Creator without making any inference as to his or her identity.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

It's useful to know what the Founding Fathers actually believed, especially when debating people who try to claim they were all protestant Christians.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

it mentions a "Creator"

You're thinking of the Declaration of Independence... but yes, that too is a "Deistic" document in that it mentions a Creator without making any inference as to his or her identity.

thanks, I already derailed my own thread because I was reading a topic elsewhere very similar to what you've mentioned.

it can still be concluded though that the US constitution coming after the declaration is but an expansion upon where we were.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Blessings of Liberty"

article 1 deals with Religion first... I argue that the daring mention of it assumes it is an extension?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by AaronWilson

It's useful to know what the Founding Fathers actually believed, especially when debating people who try to claim they were all protestant Christians.

I am more so interested in the settlers... afterall it is "we the people" not the limited minority of aristocrats.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice"

justice is the union with perfection, nothing is perfect but God!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

The word "union" refers to the union of the different colonies or states, it makes no reference to God.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

lets take it back even further... to the latin meaning of the word union. Where did it come from what does it mean? how about the etymology for that word.

I know why Christians get so upset now about gay "Marriage" because it is their word! the homosexual community need only call it something else and have it recognized as a "union" and the legal tax status. But noooo they have to call it marriage
sheesh!

kinda as silly as atheism...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

so what do you think?

is the United States Constitution a theistic document and furthermore if it does have theistic influence then which branch of theistic belief would that be and where could it have come from.

and what about other Nations Constitutions?

All of man's laws are based on God's laws, now they are loosely based on his laws, but in years passed they were more deeply rooted in the Word of God.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
All of man's laws are based on God's laws, now they are loosely based on his laws, but in years passed they were more deeply rooted in the Word of God.

Sharia laws included? If so, then your "god" is playing both sides of the fence telling one side that it's good, and the other side it's bad. Which is it?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

thanks lonewolf, I figured this was indeed "fact"

I just didn't figure there were those who couldn't see it...

I know what to look out for next time in case I have a brush with a Jeffrey Dahmer type.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Sharia laws included? If so, then your "god" is playing both sides of the fence telling one side that it's good, and the other side it's bad. Which is it?

Um...NO. Yahweh is not Allah and this is evident in the teachings Christ has passed onto his christians. For us, when we are persecuted we are to turn the other cheek, and pray for those who persecute us, and bless those who curse us. Jesus told us if we lived by the sword we would die by the sword. We may not steal other men's wives and commit adultery, or take their belongings, nor are we permitted to lie.

For muslim, they are permitted to make war on those who persecute them, and curse those who curse them (as Muhammad cursed the jewish woman who poisoned him), and slay their enemies who are not muslim, to take booty and forcibly take the wife of another man who is not muslim for concubine or for wife because under islam when a muslim takes a man's wife as booty she is no longer that man's wife (which having sex with another man's wife is adultery). Muslim may feign friendship to further the cause of Allah (if it enables them to use an infidel) but they are not allowed to really be friends (faking friendship is deception and is a lie).

As you can see there is a big difference in style of teaching between Yahweh and Allah, Jesus and Muhammad. Their God delights in the carnal, the christian God delights in the spirit.
edit on 26-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I know what to look out for next time in case I have a brush with a Jeffrey Dahmer type.

The laws now are not what they used to be. In ages passed you could be hanged for spitting on the sidewalk (in the 1800's), or for getting drunk and hitting your wife.

Unfortunately you will never know who the Dahmer types are, just know that out here in the open, theyre everywhere. I actually felt safer working as a correctional officer because at least then i knew who the crazies were and could keep my gaurd up.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The laws now are not what they used to be. In ages passed you could be hanged for spitting on the sidewalk (in the 1800's), or for getting drunk and hitting your wife.

Unfortunately you will never know who the Dahmer types are, just know that out here in the open, theyre everywhere. I actually felt safer working as a correctional officer because at least then i knew who the crazies were and could keep my gaurd up.

we have a huge start that science can not prove, it takes the spiritual type to explain this I believe... science will never figure out the effects of civilized society on an individual.

Jack Levin alludes to this in many of his comments, he is a smart guy I give him my respect.

I believe the spiritual type can see right away that it begins with atheism and or homosexuality... and I am sure they already know this, it is just not too professional to put it on tape.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't think we have to live with it like car accidents or like lightning striking. In atleast two shows on criminal sociology this is their answer (the scientific answer)

total fudge
edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another fail thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join