It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Lets discuss the possibility of our reality being a simulation.

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would like to bounce some things around about the possibilities of the implications of a simulated reality. I have to say, I am completely astounded by this finding. What I am about to put out are just general assessments and I look forward to any opinions on this. These are just some things that are swirling through my mind right now, thought some of you might be interested in these thoughts. I also would like to thank ajax84 for bringing this to light. If you haven't viewed his thread yet, you can find it here. I believe that this theory deserves some very intense scrutiny from the professional and amateur scientific communities.

1. If reality is nothing more than simulations, that means that everything in reality is computer generated and it "CAN" be hacked. There is no such thing as being impenetrable. The question becomes; “What is the simulation being transmitted by and coded by”? Is that what our conscience is? Also, is everything loaded? This would guarantee an infinite universe in our reality. If we are to believe that we from the future programmed this simulation, then naturally we would have programmed the algorithm to be infinite. Of course, this is all dependent upon our understanding of technology.

2. This theory can be further analyzed by finding more codes in nature, correct? What would be the ways one might go about collecting this data?

3. What does this mean for codes of morality and ethics? Do we go on, or is there a new set of guidelines?

4. A quick thought on our ancient ancestors. It seems as though more information seems to come out that points toward the human race having an ancestor that was advanced. This ancestor could have possibly had nuclear technology. Is it possible that this ancestor could have found this out?
Think about everything laid out in front of you and think about all of the possibilities this theory could produce if found out to be fact. I look forward to more information on this coming out. Again, great find ajax.





posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian
 


As I understand it, there's several other threads discussing this same concept:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's dozens and dozens of threads on this -Matrix, Simulated reality, Simulated Universe, Are we Sims? The list goes on and on.

www.iusedtheATSsearchfunction.com

Just say'n.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian
 


A computer crash would be one heck of an Extinction Level Event!



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hope4TheBest
 


My thoughts exactly lol.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian
 


To call it computer generated is lame, it's Thought Generated, which is Organic Computer Generated.


As to hacking it, that's the big question and what I've been trying to figure out . . . how to have control over the controls that control this Construct.


As to known technology, this Matrix is sew archaic it's pathetic.


Ribbit



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
2. This theory can be further analyzed by finding more codes in nature, correct? What would be the ways one might go about collecting this data?


Dr. S. James Gates, Jr should be the answer to your question.

Here you go,
In this interview he hints that he is working on something big regarding computer codes such as in the Matrix that can be found in nature, so called error codes.
This is during 2011, this means that he was still researching this.
www.youtube.com...

And one year later, 2012, he reveals more about his research.
www.youtube.com...

Don't mind the intro, which would make you believe that this is some kind of bad illuminati pentagon typical video. This is from Rogan podcast #199, about 42 minutes in.

Here is the references
1.) Recent NPR interview with Professor Gates: being.publicradio.org...
2.) Gates original paper: arxiv.org...
3.) A potential explanation, Bostrom's Simulation Hypothesis: www.simulation-argument.com...



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian
 


It all ties back to the ego.


The infinite is our true nature. It is how we view ourselves and therefore how we view life when we are aligned with the true self. The ego keeps us away from being able to see this. It is kinda like what you call the hack. If you can address the hack you see the truth which means that if you can address the ego you can align with the infinite nature of our true being and see reality for exactly what you are saying it is, true creation.


The ego, like life, even though a hack is a series of patterns that can be explored by observing the world around you (and inside of you). Observe your thoughts, observe your emotion, observe your reaction, your desire, your motivations, your judgments and criticisms, your interaction with the physical world. There are patterns here that carry across all parts of our experience that can be recognized and when recognized transcended in a way that is quite programmatic. Because life is creation or we are creating our experience we are these patterns.. or they are part of our experience. Therefore in order to see these patterns we need to become aware of the self, aware of what we are thinking, honest and aware of how we are feeling, how and why we are choosing for ourselves, etc.. Because for most of us we are in a constant state of go go go these patterns are right there in front of us each and every single moment and few of us can see them.

For example what if we stopped believing we have to die? This very simple thought or pattern can be recognized in how we think, how we feel and how we choose or create and obviously in how we physically express ourselves (the physical form ages and dies). This pattern motivates us, creates reaction in us, results in fear. It is a simple idea and influences everything. This is a pattern that we ourselves are believing and therefore a pattern that we can easily observe and explore as it extends out into our experience (out into our mental body, emotional body, energetic body and physical reality). This is one single example of absolutely countless patterns but what if we just stopped believing this idea? What if we no longer allowed this pattern be the foundation upon which we are creating? This of course does not happen in one moment. It happens by not allowing the idea to have power over us by being completely aware of how it pops up and the connection that it has to everything.

Eventually the patterns breaks though and when that happens everything changes.


edit on 1-4-2012 by nicolet because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nicolet
 


What are you smoking?
We are discussing Simulated Reality not some kind of ego BS with experience and #.
The point being is theories not some silly patterns of emotions or #.
It is people like you that derail potential threads with your "experiences" and "emotions"
Well listen up, sharing this crap doesn't benefit this discussion at all.
While skimming through your wall of text I thing I must've lost a thousand brain cells because this sounds like some rambling from a WW1 vet that has been shot in the ..
edit on 1-4-2012 by X93jtg because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
tom campbell has got some interesting work on the topic. he's pretty convincing too, especially if you've ever dabbled with the "other" side to life and have known it to be true by experience



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
reply to post by ventian
 


To call it computer generated is lame, it's Thought Generated, which is Organic Computer Generated.


As to hacking it, that's the big question and what I've been trying to figure out . . . how to have control over the controls that control this Construct.


As to known technology, this Matrix is sew archaic it's pathetic.


Ribbit


the brain can do it. you just spread your awareness into your subconscious. this takes energy. i still haven't figured all the ways to accumulate energy as i'm a dude living in louisiana; there are no gurus here. but things that work are meditation, abstaining from meats, and (this one is odd) conserving semen-celibacy with an effort that extends to the thought. if you have to have control over your mind esseintaly, it can not have any control over you. too look at this from an esoteric prescriptivie it is to be void of any attachment or desire. i'm not sure if women lose energy from sex. guys do,



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme
 


No, No, No.
That just simply don't work. It never will.
What we are discussing here is science. Not Guru magic. But If you insist, I believe that '___' could do the trick.
That way you would be able to "leave" this reality.

If we were talking hypothetically then one would believe that one could swap bodies and minds with another person or a sentient from the outside similarly in the movie the 13th Floor



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If this is all a simulation...then the only questions I really have are what is being simulated and for what reason?

Would anything else matter besides those two questions?



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
I would like to bounce some things around about the possibilities of the implications of a simulated reality. I have to say, I am completely astounded by this finding. What I am about to put out are just general assessments and I look forward to any opinions on this. These are just some things that are swirling through my mind right now, thought some of you might be interested in these thoughts. I also would like to thank ajax84 for bringing this to light. If you haven't viewed his thread yet, you can find it here. I believe that this theory deserves some very intense scrutiny from the professional and amateur scientific communities.

1. If reality is nothing more than simulations, that means that everything in reality is computer generated and it "CAN" be hacked. There is no such thing as being impenetrable. The question becomes; “What is the simulation being transmitted by and coded by”? Is that what our conscience is? Also, is everything loaded? This would guarantee an infinite universe in our reality. If we are to believe that we from the future programmed this simulation, then naturally we would have programmed the algorithm to be infinite. Of course, this is all dependent upon our understanding of technology.

2. This theory can be further analyzed by finding more codes in nature, correct? What would be the ways one might go about collecting this data?

3. What does this mean for codes of morality and ethics? Do we go on, or is there a new set of guidelines?

4. A quick thought on our ancient ancestors. It seems as though more information seems to come out that points toward the human race having an ancestor that was advanced. This ancestor could have possibly had nuclear technology. Is it possible that this ancestor could have found this out?
Think about everything laid out in front of you and think about all of the possibilities this theory could produce if found out to be fact. I look forward to more information on this coming out. Again, great find ajax.

Why does the fact that everything we perceive experiance as reality may be a simulation. Automatically draw you to the conclusion that its a computer generated simulation wich can be hacked ect...Everything may be a simulation but that doesnt mean it isnt real or we are mere programes.We are a very young an inexperianced race called humans inhabiting a planet called earth. Now imagine there was some suprime being sourse god ect. He would be infinitely more knowlagable than us,An if he wanted to created reality why not make it virtual a simulation so to speak. He It She woulddnt need computers or technolagy to acheive this.It could simply create everything with a simple thought.Look at what we mere mortals have acheived with virtual reality in a short period of time.If you were a God an wanted to create a habitat for things to happen in virtual would be the way to go.For a start it would as I said be possable for a creator to do this with a mere thought.Like when we have an idea an invent something. Also gOD WOULDNT WANT HIS DOMAIN CLUTTERED UP WITH REAL STUFF MATTER DUST MESS RADIATION ECT. he would would bound to be an enviromentilist.An if his enviroment was non exsistant matter poloution free thats the way He She It would want to keep it .So virtual simulation would be the way to go.Doesnt mean we are not real with no free will .Just the opppisite infact. Being a part of a thought in a gods mind that he simulates to imitate reality is as real as any other theorys being spouted out there. M O O



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To hack a simulation from inside would be more of a glitch. We, the "sims" would have to be smart enough to intentionally cause a very specific bug in the system. If we did something wrong, we would create the wrong glitch, and that could be the end of our universe.




top topics



 
5

log in

join