It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the republican party is divided and here is why:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am a centrist practical republican. Some may laugh at that statement and hey I understand your dislike of republicans, so please keep your comments to yourself if you want to hear this. If not, then please do not post anything!

This is part of the reason why the Republican party is so divided as it is. On one side you have the religious conservative hard right who just want a logically sound peaceful return back to conservative spending in government and no bloated programs along with an influence on religion. They are considered crazy. On the other hand you have the moderate republicans who want to maintain the status quo and maybe shrink down government to a practical manageable size, which will even make dems happy. Which is what you have to do as President. They are considered traitors.

On the OTHER HAND you have the fanatical Ron Paul supporters who think their man is the thing that will save the country and possibly the world. They are the conspiracy sympathizers who believe that if they can look something up on google, they are kings of research. They then, turn into internet trolls cause they like to gang up on the internet in order to, "Spread their message" another word for SPAM when the forum doesn't want Ron Paul supporters on here. They show their true colors when they cannot possibly believe that anybody in their right minds could not like the messiahs predictions and end up name calling and acting ridiculous until the thread turns into a hissy fit. (which is happening now)

Why ridiculous? You would think that the Ron Paul supporters wouldn't try so hard to spam the internet, if they would actually practice their beliefs to not cause confrontations, all over the world! Many would be willing to come to a consensus with whatever group they are trying to infiltrate. However, not Ron Paul supporters. They want all their ideas implemented! That's worse then dictorships. Words can hurt just as much as bombs, my friends. A question to all Ron Paul supporters to ponder, why can't we all get along? That is the epitome of your beliefs, is it not? World Peace will happen if you just keep to yourselves. So practice what you preach and keep your rhetoric to yourselves!

This is why the republican party is divided all of this fighting within our own party is useless. We should agree to disagree or compromise with each other. Because that's the only way we are going to be able to beat extreme far left dictator Barack Obama come November. But I too, have a feeling the Ron Paul supporters will vote for him, despite what they say on the internet.

edit on 22-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Oh yeah, it's all the fault of the Ron Paul supporters...

Maybe it's just me, but the GOP keeps trying to imply that Ron lacks popularity within the party. If that's true, how can he possibly be the reason for the the dwindling party numbers?

The far right extremist christian influence, and the overwhelming number of GOP legislators pushing personal morality issues, have alienated many women, minorities and moderates. We're sick of seeing religious dogma taking precedence over the economy and other real issues, and until that trend is reversed, the number of GOP voters will continue to dwindle.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
Oh yeah, it's all the fault of the Ron Paul supporters...

Maybe it's just me, but the GOP keeps trying to imply that Ron lacks popularity within the party. If that's true, how can he possibly be the reason for the the dwindling party numbers?

The far right extremist christian influence, and the overwhelming number of GOP legislators pushing personal morality issues, have alienated many women, minorities and moderates. We're sick of seeing religious dogma taking precedence over the economy and other real issues, and until that trend is reversed, the number of GOP voters will continue to dwindle.

I never said he was the reason, all the factions are the reason, but they sure are not helping! They are only hurting us and dividing us more. We need to come together to defeat Obama, and that means Ron Paul and his supporters are going to have to compromise on things too.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Many would be willing to come to a consensus with whatever group they are trying to infiltrate. However, not Ron Paul supporters. They want all their ideas implemented! That's worse then dictorships.

What?
Ideas are worst than "dictatorships?
HUH??!

Words can hurt just as much as bombs, my friends. A question to all Ron Paul supporters to ponder, why can't we all get along?

What?
"words hurt just as much as bombs"??
No, thats asinine. And Ron Paul supporters get along just fine. In fact, they get along much better than the religious FANATICS who support the other candidates. Such supporters who hate everything and everyone other than themselves and who wish to BOMB all other people who are DIFFERENT than them. THAT is DANGEROUS!!

Where do you come up with this stuff??

This is why the republican party is divided all of this fighting within our own party is useless.

Its because all of the republicans are true IDIOTS minus Ron Paul.
edit on 22-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

okay.... to quote Dr. Evil, "RRRIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHT"

first of all i think your completely misunderstanding the division of the republican party...

the

On one side you have the religious conservative hard right who just want a logically sound peaceful return back to conservative spending in government and no bloated programs

yea cause that's what the religious conservative hard right want, like rick santorum wants to balance the budget, i think your thinking of FISCAL conservatives

On the other hand you have the moderate republicans who want to maintain the status quo and maybe shrink down government to a practical manageable size, which will even make dems happy. Which is what you have to do as President. They are considered traitors.

again, 'moderate' republican in the current day means one who supports a massive military budget, tax breaks on the riches in society, and weak government programs like no child left behind. why dont you just vote doe Bush Jr. again he originall ran under a 'moderate' platform you describe. ALSO shrinking gov to a manageable size is not something that would make dems happy? what? and isnt ron paul the one who is referred to as a traitor for his foreign policies? when has romney ever been accused as a traitor on mainstream media?

Why ridiculous? You would think that the Ron Paul supporters wouldn't try so hard to spam the internet, if they would actually practice their beliefs to not cause confrontations, all over the world! Many would be willing to come to a consensus with whatever group they are trying to infiltrate. However, not Ron Paul supporters. They want all their ideas implemented! That's worse then dictorships. Words can hurt just as much as bombs, my friends. A question to all Ron Paul supporters to ponder, why can't we all get along? That is the epitome of your beliefs, is it not? World Peace will happen if you just keep to yourselves. So practice what you preach and keep your rhetoric to yourselves!

really now? this paragraph is a mess, why shouldnt ron paul supporters defend all of the idea's associated with his revolution? like any other candidate offers any real ideas
to re-quote you "Many would be willing to come to a consensus with whatever group they are trying to infiltrate"
again... riiiiiiiiiggggght
to answer your question why cant we get along, well why should the ron paul clan keep to ourselves when every other candidate is proposing to destroy the system

you can stay in the dark if you'd like

your rant against Ron Paul is truley ignorant and misguided, has or his supporters hurt you in the past or something?

They show their true colors when they cannot possibly believe that anybody in their right minds could not like the messiahs predictions and end up name calling and acting ridiculous until the thread turns into a hissy fit. (which is happening now)

how is this happening right now? when i came to this thread there were no comments, i may still be the first to address this misconception

The only way to defeat the 'extreme far left dictator' obama is to come to your senses

mitt romney has no chance in defeating obama, he basically has the same platform so whats the difference

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Define compromise? I think the word you're looking for is surrender, and for Ron to do that would be disastrous to his campaign and unjust to those who believe in the message that he bears. He's NOT perfect, and I have a few issues with some of his proposed policies, but he is, in my opinion, a man of integrity and I respect that.

I cannot, I will not, support any of the other GOP presidential offerings regardless of how hard the GOP pushes people to accept their candidacy. They're just as bad as Obama, possibly worse when you factor Santorum and Gingrich into the equation. I vote based on my observations and beliefs, NOT based on what the party feels is best for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
Define compromise? I think the word you're looking for is surrender,

Those are fightin' words! RP supporters love to twist words. But seriously things are starting up already. OH how dare I insult RP. Republicans are destroying everything blah, blah, blah...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

This is why the republican party is divided all of this fighting within our own party is useless. We should agree to disagree or compromise with each other. Because that's the only way we are going to be able to beat extreme far left dictator Barack Obama come November. But I too, have a feeling the Ron Paul supporters will vote for him, despite what they say on the internet.

You are right in one thing: it´s either Ron Paul or Obama that will win the next election. The other republicans does not have a snowballs chance in hell to survive vs Obama since the Ron Paul supporters will most likely rather have Obama than any of them. Most won´t even vote unless Ron Paul is nominated though.
edit on 23-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Dear OP,
I think you probably mean well despite your insulting characterization of Ron Paul supporters. You are obviously unaware of concepts such as "controlled opposition" and "Hegelian dialectic" and would be well advised to acquaint yourself with both concepts. Both are methods of mind control meant to keep the public spinning their wheels, wasting time while believing that they have some real ability to change their reality by choosing between two diametrically opposing forces when in truth they are illusory.

NEWS FLASH - the Dems and Repubs are controlled by the same owners. While their rhetoric differs, the long term agenda of the puppet masters continues through presidential administrations. The illusion of choice keeps the public occupied, distracted and fighting amongst themselves. An honest appraisal of our continuing loss of liberty and privacy over the past 10 yrs should prove that point. Presidential politics and professional wrestling share quite similar dynamics.

IMHO, most Ron Paul know this and thus their passion for Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul is NOT a puppet of the psychopathic controllers that control Obama, Romney, Sanitorum and Gingrich. A vote for any of those controlled candidates is a vote for loss of liberty, loss of privacy, loss of due process and the rule of law, natural rights and private property. The are all the same product - only the packaging is different.

Hence, the Republican party being "divided" is really a non issue. The Red team winning is exactly the same as the Blue team winning. Time to break out of the matrix OP. Picking the Red team will not save the country. Ron Paul supporters know this.

Best wishes.

edit on 22-3-2012 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
As an outsider, the main issue at the next election is the national debt. Obama has kicked this can till after the next election. Ron Paul has the only realistic plan to confront this with calling for reform of the Federal Reserve. All these other 'promises' of fiscal responsibility don't have a chance of balancing the budget under its current stress and while the core economic problems remain.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i think surrender does best describe the situation that will be in effect if ron paul does not make it

his campaign sloagan is REVOLUTION"... or surrender to the status quo

you think any other candidate wants to change the status quo?

Also OP i think you have a flaw in thinking people 'blame the republicans', both parties are obviously to blame for this scenario, however people to hold a stigma on the republican party.... i wonder why

also as Neovain brought up, it will be obama or ron paul

though i dont think true ron paul supporters would even switch to obama, they should get their pitchforks

the ron paul supporters who have switched from obama are tired of the system

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I am a centrist practical republican.

On one side you have the religious conservative hard right who just want a logically sound peaceful return back to conservative spending in government. They are considered crazy. On the other hand you have the moderate republicans who want to maintain the status quo and maybe shrink down government. They are considered traitors.

On the OTHER HAND you have Ron Paul supporters who think their man is the thing that will save the country and possibly the world. You would think that the Ron Paul supporters wouldn't try so hard. They want all their ideas implemented!

signature:
From here on out Ron Paul will forever be He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named in my posts!

Concepts such as liberty are a bit difficult for authoritarians to accept but is our natural state of living.

Contrary to your signature line Harry Potter reference it would appear most of your posts continually and specifically name Ron Paul, even have him for your avatar, and Ron Paul is mostly all you ever post about.

When one condenses your post and eliminate the rambling prattle, as above, you actually begin to make a bit of sense.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ron Paul, nor his supporters divided the GOP. The GOP did a fine job of that themselves with failed policy, weak and beyond irrational canidates, and a failure of leadership.

Only through fear mongering and false promises along with the Democrats failing to take advantage of a stacked deck (owning both the house and senate as well as the oval office) while bailing out banks, did they convince the tea party they were on their side.

We all have seen just how well that worked out.

In both parties there are those that are making an effort to strengthen this country, but as Ron found out through his extensive politcal career, it's really hard to get your voice over those banker funded politicians.

The only real hope for this nation, in my humble opinion, is for the citizen to find their voices again, and shout loud enough to drown out the trillions of dollars that lobbiest use to clog the ears of representatives.

This is easier said than done, but a vote for those that support the voice of the people and not the banks is a sound way to start.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What do ya know another attack Ron Paul thread from you trying to masquerade (and very poorly I might add) as an objective look at the republican party... Yeah those radical Ron Paul supporters how dare they want no more illegal unjust wars, sound money, and less government intervention in their lives. Howe dare they want the Republicans to actually follow their own platform and government to stay within the confines of the Constitution... How unreasonable of them to want those things and chide other republicans to follow the law and their platform.... Sigh!

Who knew the day would ever come that such things would be considered radical especially in the party whose platform espouses such things or at least it used to I haven't looked in a few years to maybe they have changed it...

edit on 23-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
IMHO the GOP is divided because the Republican canidates are sooooooooooo not "cool".

They are sooooooooooooooo white.

and sooooooooooo "uppity".

What you need is a younger, much more "hip" and more "ethnic" canidate to represent the party.

Nobody can relate to old nerds.

Its sad but true.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Paul has his issues, and I acknowledge that. You'd have to be absolutely bat**** insane to go along with everything he has to say. However, I do support Paul, but I'm not a Republican (Or a Democrat, mind you), mostly because there's nobody else running that I don't have even more issues with. Romney the robot/Obama 2.0? Really? What about Santorum? He's crazier than any of them, really. Aside from maybe Gingrich, who wants...What was it again? Space lasers to destroy weapons of mass destruction while colonizing the moon? Riiiiiiiight...

Paul's decent, and in this day and age, decent is all you can really ask for.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I am a centrist practical republican. Some may laugh at that statement and hey I understand your dislike of republicans, so please keep your comments to yourself if you want to hear this. If not, then please do not post anything!

This is part of the reason why the Republican party is so divided as it is. On one side you have the religious conservative hard right who just want a logically sound peaceful return back to conservative spending in government and no bloated programs along with an influence on religion. They are considered crazy.

They're mixing religion with economics. The two don't compute. And anybody who thinks that taking us back to the Middle Ages socially is a good thing IS crazy. This is the 21st century, yet they long for some mythical Golden Age when they had all the power and women were just their property to do with as they pleased.

On the other hand you have the moderate republicans who want to maintain the status quo and maybe shrink down government to a practical manageable size, which will even make dems happy. Which is what you have to do as President. They are considered traitors.

None of the GOP knows what real conservatism is. Real conservatives like Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower are rolling in their graves. So are James Madison and Thomas Jefferson.

They are neocons, which is about as close to liberal as you can get without actually being one. The difference is that they're also voracious warmongers, and they use war to spread their laissez faire economic theories on unsuspecting countries.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because Obama is no lefty. He might be centrist to right-leaning, but he is definitely NOT left. Why do you think the left is so upset with him?

edit on 3/23/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Though your description of the Republican Party might be what the GOP looks like to some, I think there is a large segment of the population on the right that is conservative but doesn’t consider the GOP their party.

I have grown to despise the GOP over the past decade+ because it preaches one thing and does another (much like the left does). I consider myself a conservative and relate more with Tea Party ideals and, very unfortunately, people like me really don’t have representation in this primary. I consider libertarians like RP to be uber-liberals who love the constitution and freedom but their interpretation of the constitution would leave us unsafe and bordering on lawlessness IMO. However, RP is THE candidate for some people and I’m jealous! I’m jealous because they actually HAVE SOMEONE they support who is running and I don’t. The reason he has no chance is because of the two-party elephant in the room.

I think the two-party system is the cause of all the disenfranchised voters and distrust of the political process in this country. I would like to see the Tea Party break off and create its own conservative party - Let the centrists take the GOP, let the religious right create their own party or fall into one of the others, let the libertarians have their own party, let the left create their own parties, etc… Then we have an election with 6-8 candidates from different parties. We can do away with the Electoral College and use the popular vote (WITH ID).

In this scenario everyone gets a say…everyone gets to cast a vote that counts for a person that most closely represents them…and we let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
if you want my opinion, the party was divided before ron paul got far enough off the ground to divide it...
you have the religious right, and then you have your old school republicans that are more into helping businesses thrive and for gov't that is fiscally conservative....
newt is an old school republican and I would vote for him

santorum is from the other side, the religous right, and well, I am more concerned with getting this nations economic system into order than I am of promoting any religion, sorry!!

the ron paul group, well, to me, and this is nothing personal to his supporters...ron paul is someone I'd vote also, not because I think he's a messiah or anything, I am just curious as to what the effects of his policies would have on the country. and well, right now our country is in such bad shape, I doubt if a little experimentation is gonna harm anything!!

but they seem to be more libertarian in my view. not republican.

and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's the religous right that breaks off from the party and decides to run a third candidate to tell ya the truth. they are more uncompromising than the paul supporters!

what is it with the republicans and their messiahs anyways?? obama is the messiah, ron paul is a messiah.....
and it seems that the only ones who are referring to them as such are the republicans who don't like them...
keep telling yas,
the us has already decide who our messiah is...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-3-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I disagree. Its not so much that the party is divided at the ground level as that there is a disconnect between the leadership and the rank and file. Much of the leadership is composed of the stereotypical country club New England Republicans that are far more liberal than the average voter in the party and who merely use them as a means to power and have little interest in actually representing them. The voters? They're finally starting to catch onto this little game that the leadership has been playing.

The current election cycle is a great example of this. The fat cats basically rigged the game from the start in favor of their chosen one, Mitt Romney, another New England Republican with highly questionable conservative credentials. It should tell you something of how well they understand their voters that their super candidate Romney can't even finish off this miserable group of retreads and rejects that they've offered up as competition.

join