It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My album just launched, I'm anxious for honest opinions.. links in the post

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Just wanted to say I gave it an honest listen. Unfortunately it just wasn't my style. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have the components I look for in music. I am sure there are people out there that will love it.

No need to apologize for that.. music is one of those things.. you like what you like, and you don't like what you don't like .. I'm just honestly privileged that you gave it a try and I greatly appreciate your honest opinion .. thank you for the time

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaehne

reply to post by miniatus

Oh dear, I hope that you do not judge me too harshly by what you hear, lol. The tracks I have uploaded there are fairly old and unfinished. I just felt that I should have at least something uploaded. I have heard many good things about Logic and I have always wanted to give it a try, but I know myself. No matter how great a new program is, I always end up just going back to FL. It is so easy to use I just cannot help myself. XD

And I can honestly say that out of all of the concerts I have attended, that Nine Inch Nails was by far the most inspiring show I have ever been to.

I wouldn't judge you at all .. not unless you asked me for critique .. but it's all subjective.. I would never discourage anyone from writing music.. I love that you put it out there and have a page set up .. keep on doing it
.. I especially love your use of bass and kicks..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Took a listen and could definitely hear NIN influence. The songs would grab me at first but after a little bit I would kind of lose interest. What instruments do you use and how much of it is actually done in Logic. Your best bet for drums in my experience (aside from doing it live) is doing them in Reason. Logic enslaves Reason so you can run them both at the same time and line the tempo's up and edit the drums while recording other instruments in logic.

<< 1   >>

join